Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martha/Chloe Scenes: OOC & Revising History

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Martha/Chloe scene was, IMO, the absolute worst scene of the episode.

Yeah I took that scene as two mothers coming together as well.

Basically Martha & Chloe = watching over.... and Lois = standing beside him through thick and thin
    Thats a whole lot of hand-holding to me, IMO
    Last edited by BadToad; 02-11-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
      Agreed.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by hellokitty
      I'm going to adopt your philosophy here.
      I've always taken Chloe to be Clark's motherly unit she's basically a watered down Martha version 2.0.
      Last edited by Shootza; 02-11-2011, 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
        Chloe's "I left because Clark needed me to" was also a little silly.
        Maybe she was referencing whatever she saw in the future?

Comment

ITA. I wasn't a fan because the sentiments expressed didn't sit right with me and some of it just didn't make sense to me. I wasn't even sure why Chloe had to wear a disguise to go to the DP but not to the hospital. I would have gladly exchanged this scene for another Clark scene.

Comment

IMO standing by someone's side isn't the same as watching over them, but neither is hand holding, in the "leading them around sense". Standing side-by-side with someone implies a more equal image and partnership, (equal support between two people), whereas watching over someone is more being a "caretaker" of them IMO.

But I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by morrigan01
              IMO standing by someone's side isn't the same as watching over them, but neither is hand holding, in the "leading them around sense". Standing side-by-side with someone implies a more equal image and partnership, (equal support between two people), whereas watching over someone is more being a "caretaker" of them IMO.

But I digress.
              Totally agree with this!

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                The show probably just trying to relive that moment from Vengeance(which ironically was episode 13 as well). But yeah it never really seemed like MArtha was that close to Chloe on the show otherwise(I think I once did a count that in 6 years Martha and Chloe had like 12 scenes together and many of those where just scnees where they both in and don't communicate)
                Yeah, that was my problem with it. While Chloe and Martha would share a scene sometimes, there is only one scene (the often-mentioned Vengeance one) where Martha and Chloe had a serious heart-to-heart talk that related to their characters and who they are. It's only happened once in 10 years.

Sure, I can fanwank that maybe they talked like this in offscreenville, but that's still a lot of fanwanking for something that could have been written more true to both characters and their interaction and actually have been more genuine than this scene was IMO.

Comment

AMEN!
                  Weird and lame scene!

Comment

It was very OOC. Despite how strange it all felt, and it being a total left field moment, I kind of could see what Martha was trying to say- as Chloe's being an ally and friend to Clark.

That whole line about him needing her was just total BS to me though. Not to be mean or split hairs or anything, he obviously DOESN'T need her... she was gone for several months and he was never happier lol.

Comment

i love their scene!!!

Comment

ITA! Last week it was Lois doing the requisite OTT buttkissing and this week it's Martha! MOD EDIT

What a complete and utter waste of precious ST that could have gone to Clark!

IMO, Chloe had no purpose in this episode except Chlollie pandering and more whitewashing and glorifying, as if Collateral didn't have enough of it. This just goes to show me even more how unneccessary Chloe is to the show and to Clark.
                        L
                        Last edited by Vergon6; 02-12-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Baiting

Comment

To be fair..Martha and Lois really haven't had that many scenes either.

I don't think the scene was bad...why because someone compliments Chloe (referred to as ass kissing?)

MOD EDIT
                          Last edited by Vergon6; 02-12-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: Responding to baiting

Comment

I feel like the conversation she had with chloe should of been with lois, BUT she is like Clark's family. And she's been in the family of "secrets" and they are Bff's. Sooo it wasn't OCC but the conversation kinda felt like it was meant for lois. IDK.

----- Added 49 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by wingster55
                            They have had quite a few scenes.
                            Last edited by tbird4u; 02-11-2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by humera
                              ITA! Last week it was Lois doing the requisite OTT buttkissing and this week it's Martha! MOD EDIT
                              Chloe buttkissing is not even close to Imra in legion to Lana, that to me is my standard for going overboard.

Originally posted by wingster55
                              In terms of Martha scenes with other characters screentime during the entire run of the series I would say Lois is 4th behind Clark, Jonathon and then Lionel. Considering Lois didn't start till S4 and was part time for 3 seasons she had a fair share of screentime with Martha.

It should also be noted that nobody had more screentime(besides Clark) with Shelby then Lois
                              Last edited by Vergon6; 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Comment

The scene with Martha and Chloe was both unnecessary and a retcon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎