No announcement yet.

What the heck was Lois talking about?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck was Lois talking about?

In the virtual world in one of the scenes at the Daily Planet, Clark is wondering if Dinah is right about Chloe being behind the "experiments."

Lois then says: "Clark, you need to consider the source. Dinah would rather blame this whole thing on my cousin than those tub thumping, love it or leave it morons she used to broadcast to." ... Um... who?

And then, after Dinah comes in, Lois says: "Well, you look energized, Dinah. How does it feel to be on the run from the war hawks you rallied behind?" Again... who? I can't think of anything that happened on the show previous to this that Lois could be referencing to. Is it some kind of reference to Black Canary in the comic books that I don't know about? This part just really confused me.

Does anyone know what she was talking about?

Shes probably refering to when BC first made her appearence in Siren, she was a radio host of sorts and Lois 'butted heads' with her.

Comment

I kind of just ignore stuff I don't understand.

Comment

When Dinah first came on the show she was a radio talk show host with the same sort of political views as the Gordon Godfrey/Cat Grant/VRA types.

Comment

Oh. Weird, I don't remember that. And my memory with this show is generally very good, so... odd. I thought she had just been one of those random reporters that shows up at the Daily Planet. Must have mixed that up with Andrea Rojas. Guess I should rewatch "Siren."

Thanks for the help.

Comment

No prob.

Comment

Granted practically everything that comes out in the American television media is left-tilted, but it does annoy me a lot whenever Smallville goes out of its way to denigrate the right wing, which this show does repeatedly. One other example in just the next episode is when Lois bashes a newspaper for claiming to be "fair and balanced" for not accepting her editorial. Even though she's talking to a newspaper, it's pretty well known which TV network uses that slogan. So it was yet another direct slam at non-liberals.
              Last edited by rigel; 02-17-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎