Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 70.27%
  • No

11 29.73%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    New In Town
    I think we will have to wait until May. I have a good feeling that V will be renewed as long as us the fans keep fighting for it. V pulls a 1.9 5.5million live viewers and it is one of the most DVR shows, I think 38% DVR this show. The show has an overall viewing audience over 7 million including the dvr numbers. I hope abc will look at the final numbers. V was up against some heavy competiton and no lead in series to help build a viewing audience. V also had very little advertising from abc. V was not available online.
    I have talked to 4 people this week that do not follow the tv ratings numbers and love the show and they are convinced it will be back. They have more faith, I watched every single episode last year and had no idea that it was always likely to be cancelled. I guess ignorance is Bliss no pun intended. I guess I will put my faith in to co-workers, family and friends. They say No way it is cancelled. V is coming back. I am going to quit reading TVBTN. I have never seen a show get so much publicity that V is getting. V is a show you either love or hate. I really thought this season 2 was better than season 1. It was fun, fast paced and a great finale.

Yea I ahd a feeling V would get a 2nd season...and it did! Just from the finale on season 1...it was a cliffhanger....just like this season...I love how they both ended showing the rest of the ships! lol I have a STRONG feeling V will get a 3rd season...after all of the stuff that happened Tuesday night....if written right...the 3rd season would be GREAT! I voted...even though that vote really don't count...but maybe if V gets enough votes..the people at ABC will see it! Seriously....I'll NEVER watch another ABC show again if they cancel V....and I dunno about anyone else...butt he show they have it against...about the doctors in the jungle (laughs and rolls eyes)...how many MORE doctor/medical dramas are they going to make...seriously!? V deserves a 3rd season, even though if the 3rd season will be the last...at least they can close out the story and not leave us fans just hanging with a bunch of unanswered questions...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    ABC: 'V', No Longer A Rookie, Is Likely To Be Cancelled

Last spring, with V averaging a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, I wondered whether ABC might renew it so as not to suffer the indignity of canceling all its rookie dramas. This spring, with V averaging an even lower 1.9 rating, is no longer one of ABCís rookies, and ABC has a new entertainment president not tied to the decisions of the past, itís unlikely that V catches whatever break it caught last season. The Visitors should have their bags packed.

Isn't that from the guy who has been begrudgingly writing about and hating on "V" like...EVERY week of this season? If it's him I wouldn't pay it any attention.

Can we say a prayer for V now? Already hobbled by a repeat of No Ordinary Family as the lead-in, the drama’s second season finale only posted a 1.8/5 in 18-49 and 5.2 million viewers. That’s up 6 percent from last week, but down 14 percent from last year’s finale on May 18. The writing is on the wall for this series (for more, check out our scorecard here), but it’s always a shame when high-concept projects like this one seem destined for the junk pile. And V’s performance spelled more bad news for Detroit 1-8-7: This respectable, quality drama earned a tiny 1.3/4 and 5.8 million viewers.
    Source: EW

I won't believe anything other than OFFICIAL comments by ABC...not website who have people who don't like the show, and spread rumors of it already being canceled... isn't that the same thing that happened after season one...all of the "V is canceled" or "V is doomed" stuff?

Forum Whiz
    TVBTN has a great track record. They're the best at what they do. Yeah, they don't like Sci-Fi very much.

Other good source is Michael Ausiello. NOT other EW writers, the others are all pretty gossip based when it comes to stuff like this. Or just bad if you ask me, I don't read non-Aussie files over there anyways.

The fact is, we're more likely to be canceled than renewed. Yeah, there's a chance of renewal, it's kinda slim. Brace yourselves for the chance the show will die.
    Last edited by Caesis; 03-18-2011 at 06:04 AM.

No! TVByTheNumbers love Fringe, Chuck but they hate V, they can't stop insulting the show. And their comments are just boring.

New In Town
    ...and people who call them on it are labeled "crazy fans". Hehe. That's what founder Bill Gorman called me when I called him on it.

I had been checking out the ratings on tvbythenumbers but, actually read an article about V 'probably not going to be renewed--as predicted here', lol. Whatever..more like a non prediction and the writer's touting their own horn. Came thisclose to posting a rant over there but, didn't want some egomaniac blocking my IP cause I told them about themselves.

They're probably disgruntled SGU fans!

Forum Regular

Remember That...

the finale numbers went up when the finals were in- to 5.5m+ overall, and a 1.9 demo.

It's not inaccurate to say that "V" is more likely to be canceled than renewed- but, TVBTN also classified it as such last season.

I do not listen their predictions. I am sure that V will be renewed even if ratings were not so good-not so bad. Even if the hopes are slim.

New In Town
    I honestly lean towards the show being renewed--because "V" has a solid following and is ABC's top Tuesday show. I also think that we may see it renewed in a bit difference format--perhaps as a 5 part mini series to tie up loose ends.

Perhaps the producers should also look for another network to pick up "V" just in case--perhaps the SyFy channel? I honestly think that if SyFy was to pick up "V" it may see an uptick in numbers due to the target audience on that network. While the production budget may go down---I think the producers will really want to give us a true resolution--and a 5 part miniseries or getting a final season on SyFy may work out.

Jane Badler just tweeted this:

janebadler: Hmmm Been Invited to LA For an event at ABC network . Could V be renewed!! Keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by zcflint05 View Post
    Perhaps the producers should also look for another network to pick up "V" just in case--perhaps the SyFy channel? I honestly think that if SyFy was to pick up "V" it may see an uptick in numbers due to the target audience on that network. While the production budget may go down---I think the producers will really want to give us a true resolution--and a 5 part miniseries or getting a final season on SyFy may work out.
    That may be the best chance for the show. I just can't see ABC picking up V for another season. The chances are very low. If I was a bean counter at ABC I would probably cancel it for a show that cost less to produce and would pull in better numbers. V was on the bubble last year and it is in the same position again. Better writing & more episodes would have helped.

The 2nd season finale was also poorly written and does not help the chances for a 3rd season. Just killing off characters does not make a show "must see" TV.........

Forum Regular

No It Doesn't...

but the finale was entertaining and this season was more enjoyable, on the whole, than last (for me, anyhow).

Remember the writers had to fit stuff into 10 episodes, rather than 10- they had already filmed five or so episodes when they got the news the episode order had been cut.

Hmmm... I think Jane B. may be speculating a little much, especially since her character suffered a bad fate. Not to say she couldn't come back but...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast