Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewal Status Update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hopefull because Chuck and Fringe aren't exactly ratings blockbusters.Hell V often beat their numbers this past season.

If V gets renewed it will be for 10-12 episodes.ALso don't be surprised If their are budget cuts.And If some cast Members might not be In every episode.When DollHouse got second season ELiza Dushku,Olivia Williams,and Fran katz were only ones who were In Complete 13 episodes.I could see Elizabeth Mitchell,Morena Baccarin,and possibly Laura Vandervoort as only ones In all season 3 episodes If picked up.

And If V gets a third season I will not be surprised to see ABC dump it on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by djmadonna1
      I am still optimistic about V's return. With the WB behind the series, and a great producing team, the show will get a renewal if not a new home. I am sure ABC is not stupid, and now with CHUCK and also Fringe having been renewed, ABC needs to cater to the Sci Fi crowd, where they have a show which has steady ratings. Plus I remember hearing V in its 2nd season had better ratings at certain times, where add revenue was increased as it beat its expectations. Something that does not happen often anymore. Plus its ABC's highest Male demo show. The network would be stupid to close the door on the show, as V fans will not be happy with the network.
      If ABC does cancel it, I will have hope for another network to snatch it up. However ABC will have lost a viewer if this happens.
      Lets hope for some good news in the coming days
      ----- Added 53 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by djmadonna1
      I am still optimistic about V's return. With the WB behind the series, and a great producing team, the show will get a renewal if not a new home. I am sure ABC is not stupid, and now with CHUCK and also Fringe having been renewed, ABC needs to cater to the Sci Fi crowd, where they have a show which has steady ratings. Plus I remember hearing V in its 2nd season had better ratings at certain times, where add revenue was increased as it beat its expectations. Something that does not happen often anymore. Plus its ABC's highest Male demo show. The network would be stupid to close the door on the show, as V fans will not be happy with the network.
      If ABC does cancel it, I will have hope for another network to snatch it up. However ABC will have lost a viewer if this happens.
      Lets hope for some good news in the coming days
      I hope sure, but it's all money and numbers, and to be honest Im angry ABC did not give the producers more freedom only to find out they should have. Im angry ABC thinks well let's just cut the budget to next to nothing on our "epic event" ....that makes zero sense you cannot do BIG on small, if the producers believe they can go foward with the "banked CGI" then have at it, I know as a fan of the original V was NOT meant to be cheap and so did Kenneth Johnson and that's why he was taken off the show he created. Over 20 years later and they still don't get it, V is Star Wars category, if you're not prepared to bring it like that, then let someone else step in this story line has so much potential dying at ABC

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      Fringe got renewed because FOX believes in the show and if Terra Nova wasn't ready, that also probably worked in Fringe's favor.

Chuck, I'm guessing, got renewed because Wonder Woman may not be picked up and because NBC doesn't have a lot going for them these days.

ABC, on the other hand, has a lot of good pilots in production and if they do well, they'll need slots in the schedule for them.

However, I think what bodes well for V (as others have pointed out) is that it's been operating as a shorter season series. ABC can let their new shows premiere in the Fall and bring in V when they have holes in the schedule in January or February.

Since NBC announced things before their upfronts, I hope ABC will, too, so we don't have to wait too much longer.
      The wait is not that much longer, I just feel so bad for the people on V that worked so hard, and the producers to be so smart and yet feel a network coming down on them, all I can say is that this is not like any other series that I saw go, I wanted this before it came, I watched faithfully, and came to the boards, interacted with those fellow V fans, this show was sci-fi royalty, the original KJ did hats off to him. I would hate to see it go, but I also realize I would hate to see it done wrong more .
      Last edited by Johnb; 05-12-2011, 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I can't believe I'm saying this but I would rather V get cancelled than for there to be budget cuts and a shortened season. i would rather the show end on the high note of 'Mother's Day.'

Comment

• I thought that Mothers Day was strong enough comparing to Red Sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloisornothing
            I thought that Mothers Day was strong enough comparing to Red Sky.
            I didn't sorry but Red Sky and the Pilot remain my favorites of all V episodes

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnb
              I didn't sorry but Red Sky and the Pilot remain my favorites of all V episodes
              Agreed. Red Sky definitely topped Mother's Day without question.

Comment

• According to Michael Ausiello and Deadline Hollywood ABC has cancelled V:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaki...sisters-and-v/

UPDATE: It’s official, there will be no sixth season of ABC‘s family drama Brothers and Sisters. And V won’t return for a third season either. ABC just made the calls. PREVIOUS: Barring any last-minute miracle, it looks like this is the end of the road for ABC’s veteran family drama Brothers and Sisters. There had […]

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎