Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.6 "Goggles and Hicks"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least favorite ep so far for me. Goggles/Hicks weren't very interesting villains, and the overall story was average at best. Poor ending. The casting could have been better for both characters, especially Hicks. The Goggles actor by the way is yet another connection to Deadwood (his character had a brother there too). He's also on Mentalist this season. Anyway, 'twas a poor follow-up for Dice.

Comment

Nearly as good as "Scales on a Train" was. The assasins were great, especially Goggles. At first I thought I was gonna hate them both but they were written brilliantly. The flying bee gun whatever and the blackout were great and very comic booky. Summer Glau finally feels like she's getting into the role. Orwell was great here.

Gave it a 9

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode. Looking forward to Orwell's big reveal.

I suppose the best thing about it for me, was that Vince's family's storyline is progressing. I was getting sick of it just being flashbacks and miserably staring out of windows. If his wife is going to be getting herself into trouble asking too many questions, and if the kids are trying to capture proof of the cape, the whole B plot just becomes more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kernel_thai
          This was my favorite ep so far. Loved Goggles, Hicks, Scales and Chess. I really enjoy the over the top villains here. I liked having Faraday and Orwell together. When Faraday is alone they think of stupid things for him to say. I also liked Trip's little friend. It was just nice to get away from the Trip's sad plot thread that drags ever episode down. Course the burning question is: If the cape is strong enough to stop a bullet how did Hicks end up with a thread from it?
          Even a typical Kevlar vest, while able to stop a bullet, can easily be cut through and penetrated by a knife unless the vest has plates added to it. A knife actually has more penetration power than a bullet. Granted it's not like he cut a hole in the cape, just apparently skimmed some thread from somewhere, which I'll agree is a bit odd...
          Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 02-12-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
            Even a typical Kevlar vest, while able to stop a bullet, can easily be cut through and penetrated by a knife unless the vest has plates added to it. A knife actually has more penetration power than a bullet. Granted it's not like he cut a hole in the cape, just apparently skimmed some thread from somewhere, which I'll agree is a bit odd...
            And if u analyze this type of show it will drive u crazy. My point was it was just bad writing to go for both things so close together. It's really hot in here, pass me a blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
              I was really getting into the show and I liked last night episode with Hicks and Goggle was hoping that we'd see more of this duo!
              Just as soon as they get everyone introduced to the villians................the show will be over!

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎