No announcement yet.

"Dark Shadows" will become a movie!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dark Shadows" will become a movie!

This board might not be completely dead after all! In 2010 it was anounnced that both Tim Burton and actor Johnny Depp are working on a movie adoption of the classic TV-show! Johnny Depp, who has worked with director Tim Burton in eight feature films, will take on the lead role of vampire Barnabas Collins. Last week, it was anounnced that french actress and former bond girl "Vesper Lynd" Eva Green will be playing the evil witch and seductress Angelique, who in the TV-series cursed Barnabas for iternal life! Also in talks are Jackie Earl Haley as Willie Loomis and Bella Heathcote... The movie is slated to be released sometime in 2012 and will begin shooting this April in England...

Would do you think? Is it worth talking about on this board or should Craig perhaps open up a Dark Shadows movie board?
    Last edited by phoenixforce86; 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM.

Sounds great to me! I love Dark Shadows and Tim Burton's movies... I guess Johnny Depp comes with the package too (as always) which is cool Looking forward to it! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
      Sounds great to me! I love Dark Shadows and Tim Burton's movies... I guess Johnny Depp comes with the package too (as always) which is cool Looking forward to it! Thanks for the heads up!
      You are very welcome Glad to see another DS fan, looking forward to the movie. A few news about the production status have been recently revealed. Johnny Depp will undergo a massive diet for the role of Barnabas, slimming down to about 140 lbs or even less. The production crew has begun looking at various locations to shoot the movie...their latest being Scotland...

I am also looking forward to the movie as I am a massive fan of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Eva Green!
      Last edited by phoenixforce86; 02-15-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I hope they do it right!!!! Back in the late 60's..........Barabas Collins was the best known Vampire in the world!! And Quentin Collins was the best known Werewolf in the world. For 40 years prior Bela Lugosi's Dracula had been the best know vampire.

Comment

How awesome is that: Michelle Pfeifer and Helena Bonham Carter have joined the cast of Dark Shadows! This movie is starting to sound better and better

Comment

With the popularity of the Supernatural shows that feature werewolves, witches and vampires I think the movie should do pretty well!

Comment

There´s a new video online of Helena Bonham Carter at the oscars talking briefly about her role in Dark Shadows! I guess she´ll play Dr. Julia Hoffman!
              Last edited by phoenixforce86; 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

WOW, a DS movie! I just loved this show as a kid - had a major crush on Barnabas - kissed the TV when his face showed up. I remember role playing this at recess in 2nd grade with other classmates, and yeah, the boy who did play Barnabas did "bite" our necks. Life was a lot simpler back then, nothing misconstrued.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
                  Thre´s a new video online of Helena Bonham Carter at the oscars talking briefly about her role in Dark Shadows! I guess she´ll play Dr. Julia Hoffman!
                  HBC has that gothic look going for her!

Comment

More DS movie updates:

While promoting his new animated feature film Rango, Johnny Depp has spoken briefly about the upcoming Dark Shadows movie. Talking to Collider, Depp said: "I'm very excited to film it... It's something Tim [Burton] and I have talked about for a number of years, because we were both fans."

Touching on the script, Depp added that: "There's something very interesting coming from the screenplay... which is that it retains that sort of bizarre distance that everyone has with one another, in terms of the characters... It's definitely in-keeping with the original series." To view the full interview, click here.

Elsewhere, the official Dark Shadows newsletterShadowGram reports that Tim Burton's regular composer Danny Elfman will create the musical score for the new film, adding that "Robert Cobert's original theme will likely be integrated." Elfman's other credits include Men in Black, Red Dragon and Spider-Man along with theme music for The Simpsons and Desperate Housewives.

ShadowGram also confirms that Dark Shadows will film at Pinewood Studios from May onwards, with post production scheduled to stretch into next year. The movie is expected to debut in cinemas in 2012.

Comment

ATTENTION Warner Bros. has released the official plot summary for the movie and gives May 11, 2012 release date!

Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer and Helena Bonham Carter head an all-star cast.

BURBANK, Calif. Filming begins this week on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' Dark Shadows, which brings the cult classic television series to the big screen under the direction of Tim Burton. The film's all-star ensemble cast includes Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller, Bella Heathcote, Chloe Moretz, and newcomer Gulliver McGrath.
                      In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet—or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy… until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Brouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive.
                      Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help with her family troubles.
                      Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth's ne'er-do-well brother, Roger Collins (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz); and Roger's precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). The mystery extends beyond the family, to caretaker Willie Loomis, played by Jackie Earle Haley, and David's new nanny, Victoria Winters, played by Bella Heathcote.
                      Burton is directing and producing Dark Shadows from a screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith, story by John August and Grahame-Smith, based on the television series created by Dan Curtis. Also producing are OscarŽ winner Richard D. Zanuck (Alice in Wonderland, Driving Miss Daisy), continuing his long association with Burton; OscarŽ winner Graham King (Rango, The Departed), continuing his collaboration with Depp; Johnny Depp, Christi Dembrowski, and David Kennedy. The executive producers are Chris Lebenzon, Nigel Gostelow, Tim Headington, and Bruce Berman.
                      The behind-the-scenes creative team includes cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel, OscarŽ-winning production designer Rick Heinrichs (Sleepy Hollow), OscarŽ-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (Alice in Wonderland) and editor Chris Lebenzon (Alice in Wonderland). The score will be composed by Danny Elfman.
                      Dark Shadows is being filmed entirely in England, both at Pinewood Studios and on location.
                      Dark Shadows will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
                      Last edited by phoenixforce86; 05-19-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

YAY! I can't wait!

Comment

Filming started this week. I also heard that something grotesque will be going on with Angelique...don´t want to say much about it. Just this: I am VERY curious how it will look on screen

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎