Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the season so far?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand that. But this is the last season, and we've already had awful episode at the beggining. Supergirl, isis, harvest, ambush, abandoned (it was ok some parts), and now this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
      Huh, have you? I mean, this is the last season and the most we've gotten is filler-garbage (excuse the language). But it is! I for one is sick and tired of this. These writers are really awful at writing good smallville episodes. Smallville seems like dead to me now
      I don't understand how an episode that wrapped up the Suicide Squad arc, touched on what Clark needs to do in order to fly, and provided some nice moments of love and friendship could be considered filler.

----- Added 30 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Anu
      I can understand that. But this is the last season, and we've already had awful episode at the beggining. Supergirl, isis, harvest, ambush, abandoned (it was ok some parts), and now this.
      I thought Ambush was one of the best episodes of the series.
      Last edited by ginevrakent; 02-05-2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
        I don't understand how an episode that wrapped up the Suicide Squad arc, touched on what Clark needs to do in order to fly, and provided some nice moments of love and friendship could be considered filler.

ITA.

Comment

If that wrapped up the suicide squad then they are a pretty lame team and a pretty lame arc to be in Smallville. And for Clark have to be able to fly because of Lois is so lame. It's almost like Lois has to be in his life completly, and that he can't do something without her. Ambush was just unnecessary drama for nothing, a filler as well. It was very poorly written. Don't understand how anyone can think that Ambush was one of the best

Comment

should i enumerate a list?

thirst
            spirit
            ageless
            void
            subterranean
            abyrinth
            promise
            prety much all season 7
            power
            requiem

and i am sure i'm being generous here, by leaving a lot of awful episodes behind.

Anyway, you can only appreciate, value, a good wonderfull sv eppi when you've been throught the really bad, tastless ones. At least that how i prefer to see it.

Otherwise i would cry a river knowing that i wasted 10 years in a tv show that has more bad than amazing episodes.

So yeah, maybe i'm being naive here but i live for the small moments that give me gosebumps and chills!!!
            for me that's what makes smallville lovable not because it's perfect... far from it!

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              Huh, have you? I mean, this is the last season and the most we've gotten is filler-garbage (excuse the language). But it is! I for one is sick and tired of this. These writers are really awful at writing good smallville episodes. Smallville seems like dead to me now
              Imo, Season 10 is a toss up for one of the best seasons ever. If these episodes are examples of bad writing, I'd be interested to hear your examples of good episodes?

Comment

Not if its cheesy and the writing is bad, even a cape and a superfly cannot save hideous writing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRanger
                  Not if its cheesy and the writing is bad, even a cape and a superfly cannot save hideous writing.
                  I couldn't agree more with you. Even though I love Superman and all. I love Superman so much, but I think that I love and care about quality a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                    I don't know how anyone can think that this season is one of the best. Oh well, at least I can watch SPN
                    Its called a matter of opinion. Everyone is entitled to them.

Comment

Originally posted by RaniaLovesClois
                      Yes, I have. Examples? Power, Requiem, Promise, Doomsday, Beast, Eternal, most of Season 7. Need more?
                      Yes cause this FINAL season is bumming me out.. Hopefully Lionel can save some of the last few eps..

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Anu
                      If that wrapped up the suicide squad then they are a pretty lame team and a pretty lame arc to be in Smallville. And for Clark have to be able to fly because of Lois is so lame. It's almost like Lois has to be in his life completly, and that he can't do something without her. Ambush was just unnecessary drama for nothing, a filler as well. It was very poorly written. Don't understand how anyone can think that Ambush was one of the best
                      Agree
                      Last edited by McFly; 02-05-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
                        Its called a matter of opinion. Everyone is entitled to them.
                        Yeah, I suppose. Oh well, I think this season sucks as it have never sucked before. Just a damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                          Yeah, I suppose. Oh well, I think this season sucks as it have never sucked before. Just a damn shame.
                          And that's fine you feel that way. There are just as many who feel the exact opposite. Including me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                            I couldn't agree more with you. Even though I love Superman and all. I love Superman so much, but I think that I love and care about quality a bit more.

yes i like quality a bit more, lets face it collateral may not be the worst Sv episode ever, literally speaking, but it doesnt mean that it wasnt bad, overall S10 sucks. anyone give me a season which had like almost half of its episode that were bad. s10 is not over but can anything good come out of episodes like masquerade, fortune, etc, when episodes like supergirl fell below expectations.

Comment

Makes me miss the clever writing of great season arcs of shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel! Smallville sometimes have moments of greatness,but usually always goes off track.But I always look forward to viewing each episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                                If that wrapped up the suicide squad then they are a pretty lame team and a pretty lame arc to be in Smallville.
                                The Suicide Squad is only effective and functional as long as its existence and its members remain entirely shrouded in secrecy. Chloe had been monitoring them and threatened them with exposure. They serve(d) an incredibly valuable purpose on the show this season, as they acted as a foil to the Justice League. One team of skilled individuals, the Suicide Squad, believes in vigilantism. They embrace violence and secrecy. Meanwhile, the other team, the Justice League, believes in heroism. They try to be and cooperative as possible, and lead by example instead of resistance. I don't believe we've seen the Suicide Squad either; there's unfinished business.

And for Clark have to be able to fly because of Lois is so lame. It's almost like Lois has to be in his life completly, and that he can't do something without her.
                                Clark didn't actually fly, and he certainly didn't fly because of Lois (at least IMO). Right now Clark may have attributed his successful flight in cyberspace to Lois, but that's simply because he's not giving himself enough credit. Clark believed he could fly. Lois couldn't make Clark believe in what he thought impossible. What was established in this episode was that Clark could do something if he followed his heart to tell him what was true. His heart told him that it was true he could fly. He believed it, so he could do it. Consequently, as long as he continues to trust himself more--not trust Lois more--he'll be able to accomplish anything.

Ambush was just unnecessary drama for nothing, a filler as well. It was very poorly written. Don't understand how anyone can think that Ambush was one of the best
                                Since this is a place to discuss Collateral, I'll be brief. The drama in Ambush was very realistic, and gave a lot the characters a chance to shine as they faced challenges. Whether you understand my feelings on the episode or not, I still maintain it was one of the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎