Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the season so far?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1-5 were way better than anything the past few years. For one, location shooting, and shooting on the real farm. All we get now is shooting on that back lot they built. They just walk around the block on that fake city street. That alone makes this 'not' the best season.

Comment

Originally posted by fly'n special
      Forgot to add, I wish someone would tell me what is it that is missing from this season. Yeah, I know he is not flying yet and he is not the hero we want him to be, but the show is called Smallville! We could have him embrace all of his hero abilities and then where would we be? I like the journey. I try to remember that this is a journey and he will get there but not until May.

Well said.

Comment

I dont think Lex being there would have made any difference. The people involved with this season are just drunk on cough syrup or something and its laughable. This last episode made me laugh not get made or roll my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1
          ripping off Inception
          Inception was the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw this episode too!

Comment

I didn't think Inception at all when watching the episode. I don't know where people are getting that from. Probably just because it's the most recent movie.

The ONLY thing that this episode was taking cues from is The Matrix. The fight scenes, the concept of the virtual world...heck, they even referenced the Wizard of Oz line, among others, directly from the Matrix. Blue pill/red pill. I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it...it's all there!

Comment

I thought harvest was worse than this one, but I agree that season 10 is not the best season. Kind of random and disjointed feeling from the first episode on. Some episodes are better than others, but it doesn't flow right.

Comment

Season 10 is great!

Comment

I wished that the producers knew how much they have destroyed the last season. Crying out loud, this is the worst season ever!

Comment

I am not expecting anything high or Low. I'm just opened to the writers and producers vision for Smallville. I'm enjoying it so far. The episodes are entertaining, fun and an Ode to Superman mythos, and Smallville own mythology.

Comment

I disagree. I like the toned-down feel of this season. It's much more subtle than the previous seasons.

Comment

I FULLY DISAGREE. Season 10 is so far the BEST. Are we watching the same show?
                        I quess not, how can anyone call that dark and gloom from last year the better season is beyond me! This season is by far the better one! Granted it has it's faults, but which season didn't, but overall this season is the better one!

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                          I quess not, how can anyone call that dark and gloom from last year the better season is beyond me! This season is by far the better one! Granted it has it's faults, but which season didn't, but overall this season is the better one!
                          Um, because it had better storyline. A better plot, a better villain (say what you want about Zod/Callum Blue, he was still awesome!), better dialogue, way, way better dialogue and better acting. Even if the season was dark and so on, it was still way better. The only way smallville can make good episode is to stay in the dark as they say. This lighthearted season really sucks, it was good in the early days of Smallville. But they can never do episode like those anymore. So, yeah this season sucks. The worst season ever!

Comment

Originally posted by fly'n special
                            ...^^Forgot to add, I wish someone would tell me what is it that is missing from this season. Yeah, I know he is not flying yet and he is not the hero we want him to be, but the show is called Smallville! We could have him embrace all of his hero abilities and then where would we be? I like the journey. I try to remember that this is a journey and he will get there but not until May.
                            Alrighty, since you asked

We could start with a coherent, cohesive plot with a clear through-line and a singular villain, with a story that could unfold organically and gradually over the course of all 22 episodes, without fillers, sidetracks, distractions, Geoff Johns' yearly ego-stroke -- you know, have a little something about Clark getting closer to understanding and uncovering Darkseid in each episode, investigating escalations in violence and rhetoric, plus the sudden arrival of very influential and outspoken people into Metropolis (Darkseid's harbingers) -- so that the arcs, motivations, and actions could be fully fleshed out and given time to breathe on-screen...

We could see the birth of the VRA -- the vote, the reaction around the country via news-footage, the clips of debates and protests (against it) that would surely happen if this was real; we could see news of the introduction of the curfew and the characters' reaction to it on-screen instead of havng a major plot point take place mostly in off-screenville to make room for a filler episode about Isis or whatnot, and then explained away with one clumsy piece of exposition from Clark...

We could have every episode's focus be on Clark as he (he, not he and Lois, not he and Kara, not he and Hawkman/Green Arrow/Al the Greek Barber down on 21st Street) gradually starts building his dual identity, seeing him looking at photos and at different styles of clothing at home as he begins to put together his "Clark" persona, along with showing him actually being a reporter, which he presumably receives a paycheck for even though he never seems to be at work or have an actual story to work on without Lois sharing her byline...

...We could have Darkseid's minions actually be from Apokolips and not Abercrombie models (save for Granny; she's kew), showing their arrival and gradual integration instead of grounding them in the "real world" -- on a show about an alien who shoots fire from his eyes...

...We could do without the "kitchen-sink" approach to guest-stars, subplots and supporting-character arcs, taking that good ol' extra money and using it for a) the finale, b) Clark flying throughout the season and learning to use all of his powers in concert so we actually believe he can go up against someone like Darkseid, without needing to be spurred on by thoughts of Lois/pep-talks by Lois/heartbeats from Lois, since -- believe it or not -- Clark has been known to fly before ever meeting her...

...So yeah, they could do a lot of things differently. Thanks for askin'

Comment

What do you think of the season so far?

Huh, have you? I mean, this is the last season and the most we've gotten is filler-garbage (excuse the language). But it is! I for one is sick and tired of this. These writers are really awful at writing good smallville episodes. Smallville seems like dead to me now
                              Last edited by Vergon6; 02-07-2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: Updated thread title and added mod note to reflect merged thread.

Comment

Yes, I have. Examples? Power, Requiem, Promise, Doomsday, Beast, Eternal, most of Season 7. Need more?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎