Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the season so far?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the season so far?

MOD NOTE: We have merged similar threads together. Here please discuss your feelings about Season 10 so far-positive or negative. How has the writing been? How has the writing or episodes compared to past seasons/episodes of Smallville? When answering these and related questions, please remember to respect your fellow board members and their opinions. You can disagree but do so respectfully. Thank you. Note: The first post of the thread changed as a third thread had to be merged with the previous two.

Is it just me, or are the episode progressively getting worse? This is supposed to be the FINAL season of Smallville. Shouldn't they be pulling out all of the stops? Instead it seems that they are ripping off Inception and The Matrix. The stories are very thin, the dialogue is weak and the acting is sub-par. With so much of the season in the can it doesn't look like there will be any chance at salvation. It would be nice to see this show go out on a high note, but it looks like it may just limp out with its tale between his legs.

The cast has amazing talent, but they are only as good as the script they are handed... and the scripts are lacking creativity and depth. This is a sad way for such an amazing and groundbreaking series to end.

Your thought?
    Last edited by Vergon6; 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM.

Well, I'll agree that we've now seen the SS plot get wrapped up since Chloe's the leader and we'll get the VRA agents off their backs, so at least this episode moved a lot of stuff forward, but I agree that after waiting so long I wanted to see something that felt more familiar and Smallville than this.

Comment

season 9 should of been the last season with a closing ending. Zod would of been the perfect last villian and that season was so much better then this. seems like they only thought out a few episodes and maybe the last and are just putting scripts at the last second.

Comment

I agree with the OP. Season ten, at this point, isn't anywhere near as good as Season nine. There are occasionally a few jems in episodes that are otherwise lackluster (such as the last twenty minutes of this episode), but yeah, I haven't been very happy with this season.

Comment

I FULLY DISAGREE. Season 10 is so far the BEST.

Are we watching the same show?

Comment

I guess I'm just thinking less about plot and more about eye-candy. This episode had more action and excellent effects than we've seen in years! And I guess that's as much as I can ask.

Comment

I totally agree, this season has been the worst. I was watching some old Smallville episodes on a vacation and i couldnt believe how high the quality of the episodes were in the earlier seasons. Bottom line; this show is in its 10th season on a Friday night on a crappy network. I think they're just saving whatever little budget they have on the 2 hour finale. Its kinda sad actually...I felt with Darkseid and the return of Lex and Lionel, this season could have been the best. Unfortunately so far its the worst. Superman is going to fly off with his cape between his legs

Comment

Believe me, I want Clark to fully showcasing his Superman powers for the rest of this season too.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Don't get it.

No one complained, when Clark saved Lois over and over this season's early episodes. Everyone seem to love it more than season 9!
                Last edited by SuperJedi; 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJedi
                  I FULLY DISAGREE. Season 10 is so far the BEST.

Are we watching the same show?
                  It can't be "the best" if it doesn't have Michael Rosenbaum. You been smokin' something tonight?

Comment

ha ha lex would make it so much better at least they could of thought of one story arc. Season 7 has been better so far to me less and that had braniac and lex. But this has the weakest storyline way to many fillers.

Comment

Originally posted by Z-El
                      It can't be "the best" if it doesn't have Michael Rosenbaum. You been smokin' something tonight?
                      Now I see why... but

Lex doesn't make or break the show for me at ALL

Comment

At times, I do think that they're grasping at some short straws, like Cat Grant 2.0, but I'm not going to quit watching.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJedi
                          Now I see why... but

Lex doesn't make or break the show for me at ALL
                          I've got one word for you.. Isis.

Comment

what part of this is the last season do they not understand?

Comment

I agree with the post about MR and him being there would somehow make this the best season. Lex being there does not make this show. Maybe I was just glad to have the show back after such a long hiatus but I thought this epi had alot of action and offered alot of character development for everybody. I like season 10 so far. With the exception of Supergirl I think the episodes so far this season have been great!! Yes, heavy on the Clois for the first half but that was to be expected. Looking back, season 9 had some episodes that fell flat. Every episode this season has moved Clark toward being superman. Sometimes they are more subtle than "in your face" ones like Homecoming but the theme throughout this whole season is propelling Clark to embrace his true purpose in life. (notice i didn't say "destiny")

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by fly'n special
                              I agree with the post about MR and him being there would somehow make this the best season. Lex being there does not make this show. Maybe I was just glad to have the show back after such a long hiatus but I thought this epi had alot of action and offered alot of character development for everybody. I like season 10 so far. With the exception of Supergirl I think the episodes so far this season have been great!! Yes, heavy on the Clois for the first half but that was to be expected. Looking back, season 9 had some episodes that fell flat. Every episode this season has moved Clark toward being superman. Sometimes they are more subtle than "in your face" ones like Homecoming but the theme throughout this whole season is propelling Clark to embrace his true purpose in life. (notice i didn't say "destiny")
                              ^^Forgot to add, I wish someone would tell me what is it that is missing from this season. Yeah, I know he is not flying yet and he is not the hero we want him to be, but the show is called Smallville! We could have him embrace all of his hero abilities and then where would we be? I like the journey. I try to remember that this is a journey and he will get there but not until May.
                              Last edited by fly'n special; 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎