Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The whole not trusting Clark before they knew his secret theme was just nonsense

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
    Well, only the ones about HIS secret And she was happier after he did that...

All the spying on his personal phone calls with Lois and whatnot - the kryptonite arsenal... were not things she did FOR Clark... or that he was happy with, jmho.
    After Chloe explained and Clark was off the red k. He stated how good of an idea it was and it saved the world in pandora. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Upgrade and how everything was handled in regards to Chlark last season but that is what happened.

I also think erasing people's memories without their consent is still wrong but if the show is sweeping what Chloe did in S9 under the rug then so can Clark erasing her memories. I know Clark had the best of intentions but so did Chloe when she created the green K weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
      There have been several times I thought the writers were on drugs in the last 10 years. I hope they all go to rehab before they write the finale.
      And if they write the finale as nothing more than the whole series was a holodeck experiment in ST:TNG (refer to "Enterprise"), then they're going to need a lot more than rehab!

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_Kent
        ... erasing people's memories without their consent is still wrong but if the show is sweeping what Chloe did in S9 under the rug then so can Clark erasing her memories. I know Clark had the best of intentions but so did Chloe when she created the green K weapons.
        Why did she have to keep it a secret from him in the first place? Why not tell him about the weapons? Or tell Oliver when she was embezzling money from his company, that she needed the money?

Why not just be upfront about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
          Clark was always rushing off and letting her down, but Chloe almost always gave him the benefit of the doubt. This theme wasn't "nonsense" at all.
          I agree.. well not with the letting down part.. because I think they both had their share of letting EACH OTHER down... All friendships are like that.

I just finished rematching seasons 1 - 3.. She seemed to think something was odd.. but she still believed in him. There was the conversation they had at the torch i think it was once.. where he said.. .Things are not always going to add up will you stop pushing ... and she said yes she knew that... or something along those lines. ...

The only time she SERIOUSLY pushed forward after that to try and find out any truth was in the episode Truth when she was contaminated with that gas. Even when she did agree to work with Lionel she never gave him information that he didn't already know.. That was also stated.

Just a few thoughts.
          Last edited by Poyntz; 02-05-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

The bogus rationalization in this episode drove me crazy. I'm glad I get to move onto the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Poyntz
              I just finished rematching seasons 1 - 3.. She seemed to think something was odd.. but she still believed in him. There was the conversation they had at the torch i think it was once.. where he said.. .Things are not always going to add up will you stop pushing ... and she said yes she knew that... or something along those lines. ...
              Chloe: Yeah. And then Lionel set my dream out right in front of me, and I just... I don't know. I gave into all my worst instincts.
              Clark: No, Chloe, he caught you at a weak moment, and we all have them. You found me at mine in metropolis. You didn't turn your back on me. You gave me a second chance, and I at least owe you the same.
              Chloe: I'd like that. So, what do we do now? We can't just forget about everything that's happened.
              Clark: Well, you have to understand there are some things about me that'll never add up.
              Chloe: I know that
              Clark: Are you willing to stop digging?
              Chloe: Yeah. I mean, I figure you'll just... tell me when you think it's right.
              Clark: I'll see you tomorrow.
              Chloe: Okay.

Comment

Thanks DJ.. I think it was addressed somewhere else also.... there there you go... before she knew his secret it was admitted that she knew something was up but was letting it go to trust.

Comment

The real problem was that Chloe wasn't honest about her mistakes and we never really saw it onscreen as Clark took the blame for it when he shouldn't have. I'm not really sure about Clark and Chloe's trust in each other and I believe their trust issues will continue for the rest of her arc. If Chloe really did trust Clark, she would've came for him first when she entered the virtual world.

Comment

The whole episode was non sense even the flying because it will probably be forgotten it was a big slap to the fans whove been waiting for him to finally once you think about it.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think that Chloe had a clue until Alicia showed her Clark's powers. Then she just was waiting for him to tell her everything. She didn't harass him and spy on him like Lexana did, but still, prior to Season 4, I don't think Chloe was just sitting back and trusting him.
                      This is definitely true given what happened in Rush. Just before Clark revealed his secret to her while he was on red-k, Pete & Clark were surprised that she hadn't figured his secret out. Clark let his guard completely down & had to spell it out for her that he was an alien by using his powers & Pete even had to say that Clark was from another planet.

Lois was much more suspicious of him between Seasons 4-9. But I don't think she really wanted to pry. Wasn't really about "trusting he had a good reason" either.
                      I'm not sure. There was that scene in Devoted where Clark burst the steam line with his heatvision & Lois noticed it was odd, but I'm not sure she suspected anything. I think it happened much later with her. Maybe around season 8 when she found Clark in Black Creek and the events of Bloodline when they ended up in the Phantom Zone. Because I think if she suspected he was much more than he was leading on, she would have gotten a lot closer to him earlier on. When she first appeared, she wrote him off as a nerd & wasn't into him the way she is now. And I think it's good that she was kept unsuspicious like that because in the comics she was never really suspicious about him consistently until he revealed that he's Superman. There were issues here & there in the golden age comics where she was, but it never lasted, especially as things progressed into the silver & modern age comics.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                      Clark was always rushing off and letting her down, but Chloe almost always gave him the benefit of the doubt. This theme wasn't "nonsense" at all.
                      It was nonsense because she didn't suspect anything. She gave him the beenfit of the doubt because back then she liked him. Even when they got into arguments like in Witness, Zero, and Lineage you could see from the expression on Chloe's face that she felt like she was losing him. She even let Lana move in so she could gain some footing as far as being a worthy person for Clark to be with.

The only time he let her down when he rushed off was during the spring formal. Other than that, they were usually investigating something, so there was nothing to be let down about, even though she did want to spend time with him, but again that was because she liked him as more than a friend. I remember there was an episode in season 1 or 2 where Chloe showed up in the loft and gave Clark some information & he told her he had to go and she was sitting on that couch disappointed. But putting that behind her wasn't because of trust that he was hiding a secret, but because she liked him. When Chloe realized that Clark & Lana hooked up & he wasn't honest with her about it & she went off on him & made the deal with Lionel in Exodus, it wasn't because of trusting Clark because he had a secret, but because of the normal trust between friends & how he didn't tell her. The deal she made was also a sign of her discontent with Clark & Lana hooking up since she wanted to be with him & Clark not admitting it put her over the top & made her go through with it. Even though she betrayed Clark she didn't give Lionel anything that interesting because she didn't trust Lionel either. And once she found Clark in Metropolis, her anger had subsided and she remembered that Clark was still her friend, but on the other hand, she felt she had one up on Lana because she knew where Clark was whereas Lana didn't.

As Rush proved when Clark & Pete revealed the secret to Chloe, she wasn't suspicious of Clark being an alien even after finding out that his adoption was weird.

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Best idea EVER

Knowing them, it will be a Charlie Sheen like rehab at home.
                      Last edited by xrayvision; 02-05-2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Why did she have to keep it a secret from him in the first place? Why not tell him about the weapons? Or tell Oliver when she was embezzling money from his company, that she needed the money?

Why not just be upfront about it?
                        Honestly, I'm not on either side of that because I see they both made mistakes. They both made some errors in judgement. Clark's decision to try and befriend the Kandorians and try to redeem them was the right decision. Chloe also had a good idea of having a backup plan incase things went bad. Chloe I thought was wrong in putting the trackers into the id. However, even though Clark was right he handled the situation wrong with Chloe. Any time she tried to discuss it, Clark yelled at her or cut her off rudely. She shouldn't had been hiding things but Clark could've handled the situation better and acted like a team member than a boss. This is just how I interpreted it. They both have made mistakes in their friendship but they have both forgiven each other and are ready to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Poyntz
                          Thanks DJ.. I think it was addressed somewhere else also.... there there you go... before she knew his secret it was admitted that she knew something was up but was letting it go to trust.
                          I think all she knew is that his origins were mysterious. After all, the one thing she found weird was his adoption. And in Truth, the one question Lionel wanted her to ask the Kents was where Clark came from. Other than that, she could have thought whatever mystery was behind him could have been anything. If she thought he was a freak, she would have approached him about it & told him "It's OK if you're a meteor freak". She wasn't going to do that before Lois gave her that piece of advice in Pariah, but there was a long time & a lot of strange happenings between when she first met Clark in 8th grade & the events in Pariah where if she was suspicious of him being a freak or an alien that she would have said what I bolded above.

Comment

I've been wondering if this was ever going to be brought up. Chloe did not trust Clark at all before she told him the big dark secret. Anyone remember the episode where people must tell her the truth and she wanted to force the Kents to tell Clark's secret? Chloe is almost as vicious when it comes to his secret as Lana.
                            The only one who has truly trusted him with his lies is Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                              I've been wondering if this was ever going to be brought up. Chloe did not trust Clark at all before she told him the big dark secret. Anyone remember the episode where people must tell her the truth and she wanted to force the Kents to tell Clark's secret? Chloe is almost as vicious when it comes to his secret as Lana.
                              She was infected in Truth and most things towards the end were written off as her being infected. Unlike Lana, Chloe trusted that Clark was doing the right thing when he lied to her and believed he was a good person. That didn't stop her though from wanting to know his secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara

I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎