Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Lois put into the virtual world?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckycloisfan

Seriously, though. Clark didn't fight in this episode. Nor did he in Patriot... or Icarus, right, cause Hawkman saved the day...
    I totally forgot about those episodes. Clark just stood around and talked, and in Icarus he pulled out his trusty PZSenderAwayer when the conversation stopped interesting him.
    When was the last time Clark saved the day? Abandoned or Ambush?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
      I totally forgot about those episodes. Clark just stood around and talked, and in Icarus he pulled out his trusty PZSenderAwayer when the conversation stopped interesting him.

When was the last time Clark saved the day? Abandoned or Ambush?

Yes, he did seem like Slade was boring the hell out of him

But he saved the day big time in Ambush... loved that scene with Lois in the exploding Talon - YAY!

And again, he saved Tess in Abandoned and maybe some other women... but forgot the little girl I'm just kidding!

He hasn't been apart of any of the JL saves this season, at least not that I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
        It also helps me to frame this issue by examining something close to a reverse situation. Genesis tells the Biblical story of Adam and Eve and their fall from grace. Eve, in the story, commits the first act of sin by disobeying the will of God when she ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge Satan dared her to eat. If Satan, who was the one who is said to have persuaded Eve to eat the fruit, was truly the one responsible for Eve's choice, then Eve and eventually Adam committed no act of sin at all. Yet, that's not what happened, according to the story. Adam and Eve sinned against God because they made the choice to eat the fruit. To apply this idea to something perhaps more relatable, Lionel may have heavily influenced Lex's descent into villainy, but ultimately Lex made the choices that moved him closer to his dark destiny.

Let me put it this way: Clark made peace with his guilt over Jonathan's death, he put aside his resentment over Oliver's decision to go public, he reconciled with Jor-El via his hologram, and he stopped fearing the future by taking a leap of faith with Lois by telling her his secret. Chloe was unfinished business, however, and this episode was a chance for Clark to check another source of "darkness" off the list - to bury the hatchet with Chloe like Clark buried his father's watch, if you will. Rather than being regressed, I believe Clark took one more step closer to his destiny.
        Okay, the biblical reference is a rather good one. And it should work like that. However, since Clark should have all the faith in the world by now, even with all that has happened to him. I know letting go of the guilt and finding faith in yourself are different things but I saw with SV them being the same things. For example, by burying his fathers watch, hovering with Lois, telling he loves her and telling he is the Blur he was having faith in the future and in himself.

The situation at the rooftop Clark didn't have faith however. After the episode I still don't think he has ("Beacon" will tell alot, I hope Clark doesn't falter there). I think it wasn't even about faith. Clark was just scared of leaping and finally gave into peer pressure. I know it wasn't the case but how he flew off away from the Chloe avatars wasn't that great either. He was basically running away...again ("Harvest" how I hate your motive).

I know Chloe said that if Clark didn't believe in himself 100% he would die of the fall. Nothing Clark did or how TW acted convinced me that he got faith. All I saw was Clark being happy he had listened to Lois and gone to the roller coaster ride that scared him in the beginning.

"Savior" stated that Clark would maybe gain the ability to fly once his head was in the right place. Since he flew in the virtual world and bend it with his mind and faith (a'la Matrix) he should be able to fly in the real world where his physical composition would allow it. Yet I bet he doesn't fly in "Beacon". So whatever faith he had is suddenly gone again, before he gives into peer pressure again (Martha giving the pushing next episode).

It's just how I see it and I seriously hope the show would prove me wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
          Imo this episode along with atleast "Patriot" is a good example of why 22 episodes for Lois is too much. Her input to the episode could have easily been given to Clark. Would have showed some progress on the guy as well.
          I think the input was nice. Showed she knows both Clark and Chloe better than neither of them. She also got to smack the fake Chloe to the wall.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎