Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Collateral Vs. LnC Virtually Destroyed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that is the episode where Clark revealed he was a very patient man. It made perfect sense to and was ob so sweet.

Comment

I thought it was neat that DC wrote Clark to be a virgin, cause it totally fit with his "boyscout" Clark

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
        VD for me simply because I get a kick out of Clark freaking out.Over not wanting Lex Luthor's son to know he's a virgin lmao. You'd think it was more important that he keep his duel identity a secret,but apparently his virtue is at the top of the list.
        Yea the awkward factor was great!

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
          I thought it was neat that DC wrote Clark to be a virgin, cause it totally fit with his "boyscout" Clark
          i thought so as well. sex before lois, doesnt count

Comment

Funny there should be such a poll, given that i very recently re-watched Virtually Destroyed.

Okay, I wasn't the biggest fan of Collateral, but seriously, people, even at its worse and cheesiest and crappiest writing, Smallville has an air of seriousness that Lois and Clark very often lacked, quite often the show refused to take itself seriously, by being ludicrous and absurd. Virtually Destroyed? Yes, THAT's an interesting plot, an illegitimate, full-of-psychological-complexes son of Lex Luthor's, who hates even how he looks, prefering a blonde, muscled avatar, SPENDS MOST OF THE EPISODE TRYING TO GET RID OF CLARK KENT, BECAUSE HE HAS DELUSIONS THAT LOIS LANE WILL TAKE HIM IN CLARK'S PLACE! Honestly, how PATHETIC can you get?

Oh, and in a virtual world, Superman is like all other people? Well, i beg to differ, Superman is NOT like other people, and it's a shame really that the writers of Smallville have not take advantage of Superman's BRAIN capacities! But AT LEAST in Collateral, Clark shows he is NOT like other people, by doing the impossible. Anyone notice that ONLY the Chloe Avatar has superhuman abilities inside that place? Yes, Ollie "convinces" himself he is not bound, but does he stop knives? Does he walk through walls? Nope. And the Black Canary? Where is her shriek in the virtual world? Oh, and what did the villains of the plot say? That the VRA is experimenting on how the brains of superheroes activate their powers, so they can find a way to shut them off?

Well, Sherlock, you know what? In "Virtually Destroyed", Clark is like any other human being. But in "Collateral", he finds it in himself not only that he is different, but that he is SPECIAL. And because he belives that, he FLIES. Oh, and if he somehow managed to "figure out how to use his brain in order to fly", i.e. somehow DISCOVERED HIS ONE GREAT AND MISSED ABILITY in a virtual world, you think that sucks? I think its GREAT, and the only thing that sucks is that Clark thinks flying is easier in a virtual world, than in the real world - the real world, where he is nearly all-powerful, as compared to the virtual world where everyone else was powerless! and HE was the only one who not only showed an ability, but showed his GREATEST ONE! Nuff said! "Collateral" picks up "Virtually Destroyed" and throws it into the trashcan with used condoms!

Comment

^ Definitely don't agree. L&C was a ROMANTIC COMEDY, that's like comparing apples and oranges

Comment

L & C was a series about SUPERMAN. As is Smallville. Only Smallville does not reduce Krypton to a civilization of concubines and hereditary rule and a court of intrigue. To make but one point. ;-)

Comment

No they just reduce them to killers and whatnot who have no moral code at all

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
                    No they just reduce them to killers and whatnot who have no moral code at all
                    B1tch slap! On Smallville Kryptonians are the epitome of facist and cruel. On Lois and Clark there were good and bad Kryptonians who didn't need to be taught by superman to have a soul.

Comment

After reading all the "hot" comments about VD,I think I will dust of my L&C dvds and re watch it.

Comment

L&C had sizzling adult chemistry as evident in VD. The show actually took steps to showcase that chemistry by having the two make out a lot. Whereas SVClois has potential but the braindead writers choose to portray them more like a distant couple who is all talk but barely touches each other.

Comment

I'm about to rewatch VD

Comment

Both were great but very different.

VD was one of my favorite episodes. And btw is was Lois who made the remark that Clark was a very patient man when she said that makes you a Vir - er very patient man.

Comment

VD

Comment

I don't know...both shows had very different concepts so you can't even compare them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎