So uh... Mother of all...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So uh... Mother of all...

what are we thinking here?

the only thing I know from any mythology that's known as the mother off all monsters is echidna (spl?) from Greek mythology. seems a bit of a stretch, not sure it would fit this show. Or Gaea is mother to all, again probably wouldn't fit...

she seems like she's gonna be a bad a$$ chick though!

share your thoughts!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

oh and i hope its not Lilith again! she was sorta the queen of hell... myth has it she gave birth to a bunch of kids. her story has played out... that would be taking the easy road for spn, which would suck
    Last edited by luthoratemybaby; 02-04-2011, 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

oh dear...

Comment

I posted this in the "Like A Virgin" thread, but I think, now at least, that they won't be going to the Echidna route, but just Mother Nature. It makes sense since Mother Nature was personified as a person more or less starting in the Middle Ages...and since the Middle Ages played a big part in this episode.

The word nature comes from the Latin word, natura, meaning birth or character (see nature (innate)). In English its first recorded use, in the sense of the entirety of the phenomena of the world, was very late in history in 1662; however natura, and the personification of Mother Nature, was widely popular in the Middle Ages and as a concept seated between the properly divine and the human

Comment

I speculated about this in another thread but it really belongs here... my wife and I were talking about who the mother was... and I just threw this into the mix. That mother nature was probably who she was... maybe that she was sent to earth by God to help with evolution and forces of nature and such. She saw how early man was flawed and twisted them into the alphas for fun/revenge/punishment. God locked her away in purgatory for ruining his creations and threw in some her most twisted creations (or maybe she twisted some poor souls sent there later? Or birthed some, who knows yet...). Obviously, she couldn't be put in hell with Lucifer or Lilith for fear that too deadly of an alliance would take place lol! I don't know... it could be something else. Mother Nature just doesn't sound too threatening so I'm not taking this theory too seriously but if its her... I hope they give her a different name or something.

Could she even be the mother of everything including God(life) and Death? That might be a crazy foe to deal with but that might be even too big of a stretch for Supernatural even. Although, I did think it was silly for them to say that Death would even reap God one day But I understand they just wanted to seem that Death was unstoppable and too powerful unlike the other horsemen.

Comment

I think the Mother Nature thing is spot on,although the first person that popped in my head was Eve, you know being the first woman and all,that would piss so many people off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham Knight
            I think the Mother Nature thing is spot on,although the first person that popped in my head was Eve, you know being the first woman and all,that would piss so many people off.
            Actually, they did that already. Lilith was the first woman. She also was Adam's first wife. She was made in God's image just like Adam and made from the same mud/clay. She was cast of the Garden of Eden for being not being submissive to Adam and defied God. She became a demon and bore many hell-spawn (lesser weaker demons that possess/haunt people easily because they can escape hell easier being less deep in the pit). She created them by allegedly stealing men's seed, lol!, and killed newborns. The good night song sung to children, lulabye, was derived from Lilith bye which was meant to protect sleeping children. All great ties to Supernatural, for sure! Eve was made from Adam's rib and therefore was submissive, I guess. So... that route has already been taken by the show. You can read more about Adam's first wife in the book of enoch, which the Catholic church along with most other Christian sects have omitted from their bibles. Makes for some interesting reading for sure, friend! Also, check out the book of solomon! It's real too! Maybe you can trap a demon

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SuperNinjaAlex

oh dear...
            I like the original mother brain better Super Metroid was cool though... They brought her back a few years ago in Metroid Prime Corruption. I was playing it just yesterday
            Last edited by sino8r; 02-05-2011, 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by sino8r
              Actually, they did that already. Lilith was the first woman. She also was Adam's first wife. She was made in God's image just like Adam and made from the same mud/clay. She was cast of the Garden of Eden for being not being submissive to Adam and defied God. She became a demon and bore many hell-spawn (lesser weaker demons that possess/haunt people easily because they can escape hell easier being less deep in the pit). She created them by allegedly stealing men's seed, lol!, and killed newborns. The good night song sung to children, lulabye, was derived from Lilith bye which was meant to protect sleeping children. All great ties to Supernatural, for sure! Eve was made from Adam's rib and therefore was submissive, I guess. So... that route has already been taken by the show. You can read more about Adam's first wife in the book of enoch, which the Catholic church along with most other Christian sects have omitted from their bibles. Makes for some interesting reading for sure, friend! Also, check out the book of solomon! It's real too! Maybe you can trap a demon

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

I like the original mother brain better Super Metroid was cool though... They brought her back a few years ago in Metroid Prime Corruption. I was playing it just yesterday
              I can't believe I forgot about Lilith before Eve thing,I guess those 3 years at the Christian school didn't help my memory any.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham Knight
                I can't believe I forgot about Lilith before Eve thing,I guess those 3 years at the Christian school didn't help my memory any.
                I went for 12 years so it's burned into my brain. Consider yourself lucky Most folks I know who went to Christian school that long end up becoming atheists like me lol! You end up resenting the crap they teach you and most try and forget it. I still think it's interesting but I don't believe in any of it.

Comment

I still say Mother Nature, or, in some religions as Gaea, which also happens to be the mother of Echidna. Echidna is the daughter of Gaea and Tartarus, which can be compared to Supernatural's version of Purgatory, so having Gaea be the villain makes sense, even moreso than Echidna(which is definitely a good guess and my next best guess, but finally watching the episode and reading up on some stuff, I think Mother Nature/Gaea makes the most sense in this scenerio).

And Lilith isn't mentioned in a lot of context when regards to Adam and Eve, more or less maybe because Lilith is a Jewish thing, but also not real big with Judaism either. It's kinda like how the Book of Enoch is to Christianity, not too big with having credentials in the church, but it can give into some highlight on other characters that COULD'VE existed, like other angels(Uriel, Raphael).
                  Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-06-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎