Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlo-Lo Scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe and lois's faith in her made me like Lois in this ep. Chlo-Lo is good for both characters imo.

Comment

Chl-Lo love is back. I always liked the cousins when they are together.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
        Chloe and I been on shaking grounds since season 8 and in Season 9 I straight up didn't like her. But since she left the show I found myself missing her, a bit.

When Lois was giving her little speech to Clark about Chloe, I couldn't hep but smile. I may be in the minority but I though this episode ignited back the love I had for Chloe I thought died a long time ago.

In fact this episode even made me Love Chollie a bit
        Hooray!!!!!!! Hooray for you liking Chloe! Hooray for Chlo-Lo! Hooray for Lois having faith in Chloe! Hooray for this thread! Hooray for you, Kay! This episode just seems more awesome to me the more I think about it!

Comment

I loved it.

I did!

Comment

Eh... We'll see. I am ready for some good Chlo-Lo again so, we'll see...

Comment

It'll be weird seein them interact now that Chloe knows that Lois knows Clark's secret.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                Was that really necessary? I mean fake Chloe never raised a finger to touch any of them. Even in her fight with Canary she just blocked everything rather than attacked, right? I wasn't even a fan of the way they had Lois think about it before she hit Chloe. And I'm not usually one to run to Chloe's defense, but that just felt like it was there just to be there.
                It wasn't Chloe. It was a VRA agent, so I fail to see the problem in it, considering it was one of the "villains". On the contrary, I thought it was amazing that Lois could know her cousin at once.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                  It wasn't Chloe. It was a VRA agent, so I fail to see the problem in it, considering it was one of the "villains". On the contrary, I thought it was amazing that Lois could know her cousin at once.
                  To be honest, it was pretty obvious that that wasn't Chloe, her speech and attitude were completely different from the previous scenes, so much that it made Clark look like a complete idiot for not noticing it, considering all the weird things they had been through in the past. So, basically, IMO; the entire scene was completely over the top and Lois' punch was unnecessary, only contributing to make Clark even worse. I'm tired of all the characters written at his expense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                    To be honest, it was pretty obvious that that wasn't Chloe, her speech and attitude were completely different from the previous scenes, so much that it made Clark look like a complete idiot for not noticing it, considering all the weird things they had been through in the past. So, basically, IMO; the entire scene was completely over the top and Lois' punch was unnecessary, only contributing to make Clark even worse. I'm tired of all the characters written at his expense.
                    I didn't think Clark looked like a complete idiot. I thought he realized Chloe was acting weird, but he wasn't sure if she was acting weird because she wasn't Chloe or because she was Chloe who was being controlled by someone else. If Chloe was being manipulated by someone else, but it was still her real body, then Clark wouldn't exactly want to risk punching her, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                      I didn't think Clark looked like a complete idiot. I thought he realized Chloe was acting weird, but he wasn't sure if she was acting weird because she wasn't Chloe or because she was Chloe who was being controlled by someone else. If Chloe was being manipulated by someone else, but it was still her real body, then Clark wouldn't exactly want to risk punching her, you know?

Maybe saying he looked like an idiot was a little harsh, but at this point, I'm so upset about this episode that I don't think I'm objective about it anymore. Clark was written horribly in this episode. he had seen Chloe being posessed and impersonated before. Like future Clark said, the've been through weirder things. In this episode he was told, repeatedly, that he was in an VR. He saw Chloe and oliver jump and didn't find the bodies, still Clark persisted in his idea that he was in the real world. I would have liked for him to notice, by himself, that there was something wrong about the whole thing. Realize by himself that that wasn't Chloe. Just a 'you are not chloe, let's get out of here' would have been enough, no punch necessary (I'm sure it was just for dramatic effect), still it was Lois the one who resolved the situation and Clark was led by the nose until he decided to trust himself and jump. I would have liked more smart and proactiveness from him, him trying to figure out what was real and what not based in the information he obtained through the episode, but he just sat passively and let others convince him. Also, I can't believe the VR was so perfect. to me it looked like a contrivance just to make Clark doubt until the very end. I found it frustrating.

Comment

Lois knew how close Chloe and Clark were and how she helped him.Be interesting how
                        they will play relationship between the three.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                          Maybe saying he looked like an idiot was a little harsh, but at this point, I'm so upset about this episode that I don't think I'm objective about it anymore. Clark was written horribly in this episode. he had seen Chloe being posessed and impersonated before. Like future Clark said, the've been through weirder things.
                          Yes, and if Clark believed Chloe was possessed, for example, why would he think it was okay to hurt her? Chloe wasn't acting like herself in Persuasion either, but I'm sure Clark wouldn't have resorted to violence to prove a point.

In this episode he was told, repeatedly, that he was in an VR.
                          In Labyrinth, Clark was repeatedly told he was in the real world, yet that wasn't the truth was it? Being repeatedly told something is true doesn't make it true.

He saw Chloe and oliver jump and didn't find the bodies, still Clark persisted in his idea that he was in the real world.
                          Because he thought he was going crazy just like Oliver went crazy. He thought he was experiencing PTSD.

I would have liked more smart and proactiveness from him, him trying to figure out what was real and what not based in the information he obtained through the episode, but he just sat passively and let others convince him.
                          I thought Clark looked incredibly smart and proactive during the first half of the episode. He was very much a methodical reporter in his scenes with Oliver, Dinah, and Lois. I believe every time Clark was close to going with his gut and making the right decision, another piece of evidence was thrown in his face to make him question everything. Right before he goes to the roof to meet with Chloe and Oliver, for example, he watched a video of Chloe shooting people. Based on Clark's history with Chloe, which includes knowing she's capable of being ruthless when she needs to be, Clark had a good reason not to want to jump off a roof with someone who he believed was not on the "same path" as he was.

Also, it's not like Oliver jumped because he was being more faithful or more intelligent. His path to taking a leap of faith followed the exact same path as Clark. Oliver needed Chloe to give him a whole persuasive speech, some words of love and belief, and he even needed Chloe to encourage him to demonstrate his power in the VR (removing the straight jacket) before he would believe her. The only difference between Oliver and Clark is that Chloe went to Oliver first. A stupid move, I must add, since Chloe should have realized jumping off the roof with a crazy person who would have bought anything Chloe was selling is not exactly a persuasive argument.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, while I would have liked to have seen Clark be a little less passive, I understood why choosing to trust Chloe enough to take a leap of faith would be more difficult for him than it would be for anyone else.

Also, I can't believe the VR was so perfect. to me it looked like a contrivance just to make Clark doubt until the very end. I found it frustrating.
                          Well, it was "perfect," so that's why it was difficult for Clark to believe it was all fake. Ever since Warrior made a big deal about Clark's reluctance to embrace fantasy, his ability to accept he was existing in a virtual world was going to be a tough one for him to accept without a lot of soul searching. Lois loves Chloe unconditionally and loves fantasy so taking a leap of faith was always going to be easy for her. Oliver loves Chloe beyond reason and has made extraordinarily poor decisions in her name (going public, anyone?) so his leap of faith was also not surprising. It made sense to me that Clark would be the one who would struggle with this challenge the most. Not because he's slower or less intelligent than everyone else, but because he had much more reason to be skeptical.

Comment

Maybe saying he looked like an idiot was a little harsh, but at this point, I'm so upset about this episode that I don't think I'm objective about it anymore.
                            No, I don't think its harsh. I think the script was written in such a way that Clark came off as an idiot. He certainly was the dullest crayon in the box when it came to every other character in the episode. If the show really wanted to make Clark's ideas and decisions seem more reasonable and valid, then they would have had to work a lot harder to make the VR seem real, so that Clark's continued belief in that reality seemed like the intelligent choice. However, the VR world was created to look and feel off, and yet Clark still stubbornly kept his head buried in the sand, even when every other character in that world snapped out of it.

Clark didn't look intelligent at all, IMO. He look dim-witted and clueless.

Clark was written horribly in this episode. he had seen Chloe being posessed and impersonated before. Like future Clark said, the've been through weirder things.
                            Yes, exactly. Clark has had similar experiences. That Clark wouldn't know right away is reasonable. That he was the slowest to come to any realizations is horrible writing for Clark. It is constantly an amazement to me that the writers of this show would rather write this stuff for Clark instead of an episode showing Clark being the sharpest character in the episode.

In this episode he was told, repeatedly, that he was in an VR. He saw Chloe and oliver jump and didn't find the bodies, still Clark persisted in his idea that he was in the real world.
                            Right, exactly. To believe that Clark was using his "intelligence", one has to buy into the idea that Clark stubbornly clinging to the PTS excuse was both reasonable and plausible. Only the way this ep was structured, it wasn't. Look at the VR world...the DP was all but abandoned, Chloe shot up a hospital, and where was the outcry?, the other heroes were just MIA (and Clark couldn't bother to mention).

The PTS thing was always flimsy and ridiculous. Clark, with all he has experienced, should've been sharper. He should've been quicker to question his surroundings. The writing for him didn't make him look like he was using his head too much. It made him look like he wasn't using his head at all, IMO

I would have liked for him to notice, by himself, that there was something wrong about the whole thing. Realize by himself that that wasn't Chloe.
                            What? Clark do something on his own? I guess that would've been made for a bad episode....or something like that.

At this point, I'm ready to see Clark do what you describe on a consistent basis. We've done enough of Clark needing to be lead, and handheld, and explained to. Its time to leave that characterization in the past, IMO

....still it was Lois the one who resolved the situation and Clark was led by the nose until he decided to trust himself and jump.
                            Clark is actually physically led by Lois out of the DP basement. He's just standing there, dumbfounded, until Lois actually grabs his hand and leads him into the elevator. Thats how useless they rendered Clark.

Also, I can't believe the VR was so perfect.
                            Right, exactly! Nothing about it was perfect. It looked fake. The idea that it was such a convincing reality is, IMO, implausible.
                            Last edited by BadToad; 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

i loved lois' unwavering faith in her cousin. even after seeing chloe take out two operatives, she immediately said "that can't be right". love you, lois!

Comment

^^ I know that for a lot of people, Lois sticking up for Chloe was a wonderfull thing to see. To me, it would have been better if Lois knew even half the things that Chloe has done. Lois does not know most the reasons for Clark's (valid, IMO) distrust of Chloe. I think, this made the scene quite sad.

Also, on another board, I've seen people comment on the fact that Chloe did not want Lois to know that Clark is the Blur and that this might change Lois' opinion on Chloe. I'm not sure about that (I'm sure she would still love Chloe), but it's an interesting thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎