Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this show obsessed with Chick Fights

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned it earlier today that I was starting to believe that we've seen better fights between men than women on this show. Didn't know others shared that opinion too.

Clark/Zod from Salvation and Lex/Green Arrow from Siren were cool fight scenes between guys, but I can't remember many others.

Comment

Clark's last great fight was against Titan from Season 6. Yes, it was that long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by madcatlady
        I don't mind the chick fights, but it's rough that Clark doesn't seem to fight anyone anymore...his only battles are inner ones. Hey, I can do that!
        OMG!! I got to this post and I had to do a double take!! This is too funny!

Comment

It is due to the fact that Lois and Tess are so hot when they are in combat.

Those two should fight more often. They should fight each other more often. They should fight each other with NOTHING in between them.

*Going off to my happy place.*

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
            It is due to the fact that Lois and Tess are so hot when they are in combat.

Those two should fight more often. They should fight each other more often. They should fight each other with NOTHING in between them.

*Going off to my happy place.*
            Why can't they just be friends? Really, really good friends?

Comment

why are men obsessed with chick fights?

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                why are men obsessed with chick fights?
                Because dude fights consist of two guys beating each other to an ugly pulp, and while that might be adrenaline-pumping, it's not very visually appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by omegadirective
                  Why can't they just be friends? Really, really good friends?

Friendship can be GREAT.

I can see Lois and Tess being really, really, great friends. Holding each other, giving each other a shoulder to cry on, to lean their head against, being there for each other, no matter the time day and night... There are so many benefits to a great friendship...

*HAPPY PLACE*

Comment

Originally posted by abbaspice1
                    Friendship can be GREAT.

I can see Lois and Tess being really, really, great friends. Holding each other, giving each other a shoulder to cry on, to lean their head against, being there for each other, no matter the time day and night... There are so many benefits to a great friendship...

*HAPPY PLACE*
                    Sleepovers, sexy pillow fights, caressing each other with comfort touches, tight embraces.....

Teslo for the win

Comment

I don't get either. The women throw either other around more than the men do.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                        Sleepovers, sexy pillow fights, caressing each other with comfort touches, tight embraces.....
                        Helping each other pick out clothing, making sure it fits properly, playing in each others hair, being here for each other when they get mad with their boyfriends, scratching that itch when it is hard to reach...

Teslo for the win

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                          The problem with Clark fights is that if you don't have Kryptonite interfering they all should look like the one against the chick with the whips who tried to hang Tess.

whoosh, boom, over
                          Imo, Clark is as strong or weak as the writers want him, not to mention the enemy. If you put someone like Clark and Titan fighting they hit each other normally (apart from a few super punches).

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                            Imo, Clark is as strong or weak as the writers want him, not to mention the enemy. If you put someone like Clark and Titan fighting they hit each other normally (apart from a few super punches).
                            I think the problem is because Clark's superspeed is so fast that fights end instantly. If he holds back and fights in normal speed, at least we'd get some shots of bad guys shooting at Clark or hitting him with crowbars and two-by-fours. Clark would be invulnerable to all that, but at least it would look cool.

If you watch the Superman or Justice League animated series, Superman rarely uses his superspeed. I think it's because superspeed actually strains him and more easily tires him out. In general, his reflexes are on par with or slightly better than a human being. He gets hit by lasers and bullets and missiles and all sorts of weapons. He shrugs it all off, but at least the viewers get to see actual fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by zodismygod
                              This episode was ok in my mind, but why is this show obsessed with chick fights? Every episode has some chicks duking it out with each other. Kinda lame
                              For me, it's a welcome distraction from the horrible writing.

Comment

I normally don't care for chick fights and was dreading this one. Nevertheless, I actually enjoyed this one and found it to be well done.

I'm SO glad it had NOTHING to do with Oliver! Smallville proved me wrong and resisted the whole Chloe/Ollie/Dinah triangle! I think that's a first for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎