Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this show obsessed with Chick Fights

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only decently choreographed fight with Clark was the one between him & Alia. The others were fights with powers & brute force (like Clark vs. Jonathan, Clark vs. Titan, etc). It really makes me sick as a Superman fan who watches the show for Clark to not get any really good fights with him.

Comment

Originally posted by zodismygod
      why is this show obsessed with chick fights?
      Because they are awesome.

Comment

Great action in 2nights ep!

Comment

Because CW secretly stands for "Chick Wars"?

I think it is also because the girls have no powers and no special abilities. It is all guns and fist-fights with some kung-fu tossed in. Clark and Ollie require special f/x and more impressive moves so they show them fleetingly in action. Also, they probably take heat from the network about grrl power, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
            Isn't this the first time Chloe won a fight ?

Besides the men fighting are boring. Remember GA vs Lex?
            If you can't her and Tess tussle at the beggining of Sacrifice as a fight then she won that. Also if you count her flinging Linda L into the air onto Lana's car winning then she has won two fights. Both of those kinda ended in ambigous ways that Chloe didn't exactly do intentionally though.

Originally posted by xrayvision
            The only decently choreographed fight with Clark was the one between him & Alia. The others were fights with powers & brute force (like Clark vs. Jonathan, Clark vs. Titan, etc). It really makes me sick as a Superman fan who watches the show for Clark to not get any really good fights with him.
            I thought the Zod vs. Clark one was well done besides the ridiculous slo-mo voice things.

Comment

The Lexzod-Clark was decent as far as choreographing though it was 1-sided with Clark getting no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                The Lexzod-Clark was decent as far as choreographing though it was 1-sided with Clark getting no offense.
                No, I meant the one in Salvation.

Comment

At least they're well choreographed and don't completely come out of no where! Dinah deserved that.
                  Last edited by LuthorKent90; 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                    Isn't this the first time Chloe won a fight ?

Besides the men fighting are boring. Remember GA vs Lex?
                    I hope you don't mean the one from Siren. That was right up there with Chloe/Canary tonight (probably a little better once tonight's has a chance to sink in a bit).

Comment

Anyone else think it was ironic that it was Dinah vs. Chloe. Or in other words Oliver's Comic book love vs. his Smallville love.

Comment

I don't mind chick fights, I love them! is one of that things this show makes really good, so I'm willing to see a lot more chick fights for the rest of the season!

Comment

Black Canary was awesome when she was fighting off those bad guys who had Chloe!

Anyway, I'm happy Dinah wasn't paired with Ollie in any way because it would've put a whole new light on the Chloe/Dinah fight that would've infuriated me.

Comment

I like it. It's a fantasy show. The *least* they could do is have girls kick some ***.

Comment

I don't have anything against chick fights. SV does them well. But no fights for Clark (season openers and finales don't count in my eyes, they are A MUST)?? So not only is Clark weak mentally we rarely get to see him fight? The fight in "Combat" has become more and more special in my eyes after each episode after that.

Comment

Originally posted by amidaladaae
                                I've always said this: the best fight choreography goes to the female cast members!!
                                I've viewed it this way too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎