Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now Rick Flagg is a stooge of Chloe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya she probably just wasnt free to appear in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
      I have loved the actor who played Warp ever since he tormented Lana back in Static so I feel your pain. I assume he and Plastique are on assignment or got busted on minor charges or some other plot contrivance. I do wish they would manage their resources better because, if they would just write with their limitations in mind, it would avoid these kind of logic gaps when people don't show up.

This would be anticlimactic if it is indeed the last we see of the SS.
      I wonder if what Warp did at the end of Ambush was him going rogue from Flagg's objectives. Elias Toufexis was awesome in Supernatural too in Simon Said. The guy is so damn good playing villians. He was especially evil in Supernatural and I loved his evil expression when he was Warp.

That ending would be pointless if we never see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
        Yea, I'm not real sure why they didn't just tie her up if she threatened to go to the authorities, or better yet counterblackmailed her by threatening to reveal all the secret identities they knew first if she didn't cooperate. I definitely don't believe that an organization that even AW couldn't get control of is going to hop to every time Chloe raises an eyebrow. Checkmate had Chloe quivering in her boots. I don't get it and I didn't like it, but as far as exit arcs go I'll accept this over the other possibilities that are out there.
        They're against the VRA too and revealing the identities of the League would play into the VRA's hands. I think what we have right now is essentially an alliance of convenience or at least a truce. Once the VRA has been dealt with, I'm sure they'll go their separate ways again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChloeFan09
          I find it kinda funny that the actor who plays Rick Flagg also played the guy who helped Lana in her "to a super hero" arc. And is now has a pivotal role in Chloe's last "hero" arc.
          I have to admit that is funny

Comment

Eh, she was probably like "come on guys, you'll get to crack some VRA skulls..."

Comment

You either kneel at the alter of Saint Lana or you follow orders from General Chloe.
              You just gotta love this show.
              Last edited by Dyanara; 02-05-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                I just try not to think about it. Because I don't care how many computer viruses she had, Flag has a teleporter, a gunman, and a bomb-maker on the payroll. Chloe would have been shot, exploded into pieces, and those pieces teleported somewhere over the Atlantic, if Flag had any strategic skills at all. But whatever. The show says she blackmailed him, she blackmailed him. I'll go with it.
                See I missed on the first viewing but Chloe said she hacked into their missisles because she didn't think the boys in blue would be enough to scare them. So now it isn't quite as ridiculous as before.

Comment

I also like the fact that it really helped the JL. I mean, the Suicide Squad could have been a real pain for the League but she really diffused their threat by putting them at her mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Connor_Kent
                    See I missed on the first viewing but Chloe said she hacked into their missisles because she didn't think the boys in blue would be enough to scare them. So now it isn't quite as ridiculous as before.
                    Oh, I don't know. It is still pretty darn ridiculous. Chloe hacked Flagg's missiles and threatened to turn him into the government. Again, why didn't someone in Flagg's organization just kill her? And the missile thing is just stupid. Flagg has Warp and Plastique: a teleporter and a human bomb. Why did he need the missiles in the first place? Like I said, I try not to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                      Oh, I don't know. It is still pretty darn ridiculous. Chloe hacked Flagg's missiles and threatened to turn him into the government. Again, why didn't someone in Flagg's organization just kill her? And the missile thing is just stupid. Flagg has Warp and Plastique: a teleporter and a human bomb. Why did he need the missiles in the first place? Like I said, I try not to think about it.
                      Because painting flags on Warp and Plastique like he does on his missiles would look ridiculous.

Comment

When Chloe said the every Frankenstein has a human heart, I thought that maybe there was someone that Flagg cared about that Chloe was helping or something like. I still don't see why he would join up with her.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                          Not to mention how ridiculous it is that Flagg wouldn't have missiles that can be fired manually without GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            Not to mention how ridiculous it is that Flagg wouldn't have missiles that can be fired manually without GPS.
                            LOL! That's right. Missiles have been thrown without GPS for decades but the SS can't do it manually. Not to mention that Flag didn't design a new missil system in about then minutes, I bet you can even download those from the internet.

Comment

^^I know. If the A-Team could do it, you know Flagg could as well, especially with his knowledge & tactical skills & him being a comic book character who can do things that real life people couldn't. And those missiles would be on private networks if anything since they'd either be running off Flagg's own satellite(s) or would use the rest of the military's satellites, which if they went down would put a lot of people at Chloe's doorstep & would be a national crisis since the country wouldn't be able to retaliate against a nuclear attack.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 02-05-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber
                                They're against the VRA too and revealing the identities of the League would play into the VRA's hands. I think what we have right now is essentially an alliance of convenience or at least a truce. Once the VRA has been dealt with, I'm sure they'll go their separate ways again.
                                ITA. This is just a temporary alliance against a common foe. I'm wondering about Waller, since the SS (in comics) is her personal pet project that she keeps running after the gov't officially pulls the plug on SS. I wonder how they will get it to line up with the comics. In the SV universe we can assume that the Squad will only work with Chloe for as long as they see it in their self-interests.

The philosophy behind deputizing criminals or superheroes in either the Squad or Checkmate is based on plausible deniability. The government wants certain things to be done in a covert environment, especially when those things are illegal or extremely risky. The VRA (the "agency," not the "act") was trying to "out" secret identities, so there were forces within the government who were trying to stop it. I doubt that the show will address the extent to which the VRA agents that we saw were marginalized from the other parts of the "Department of Domestic Security." I seem to remember one line calling the VRA a rogue branch of the military or something.

If Chloe and the Squad hadn't stopped the VRA, then there were probably other people from the DDS or remnants of Checkmate or some other covert agency who would have stepped in. I have no doubt that there are still government files on the superheroes, but they are in the hands of someone who thinks it appropriate to just "look the other way" and let the vigilantes do what they do best.

Flagg is no stooge. He was using Chloe just as much as she was using him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎