Television Ratings for "Collateral"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is about what I expected. The second half of the season tends to hit a rough patch at some point every year. I would kind of expect a bit of a lull for a few episodes until the season gets swinging towards the end and picks up hype. Of course, this might just be because of the hiatus/delay and non-diehard fans losing track of the show and some more will come back next week.

It is hard to say what factors into the ratings - good trailers from the CW, a good preview clip, how well liked the previous episode was, weather conditions, the movies out that week, the guest stars, the other TV shows on, how good the parties are that week, hiatuses that lose people. There are a million variables in this.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
      This is about what I expected. The second half of the season tends to hit a rough patch at some point every year. I would kind of expect a bit of a lull for a few episodes until the season gets swinging towards the end and picks up hype. Of course, this might just be because of the hiatus/delay and non-diehard fans losing track of the show and some more will come back next week.
      The past couple seasons the jan/feb episodes performed on par with Sept-nov ones. It's usually march when you see the dip in ratings

Comment

2.37? *sigh* Well, I guess that makes sense.

We have to take into account the fact that it's been a really lengthy hiatus, plus the crap the CW pulled last week. There's bound to be some confusion and annoyance in both the casual and faithful viewer.

I think it'll pick up next week tho! The trailer for Beacon looked pretty dang cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
          It should be pointed out Abandoned had Teri Hatcher

So you saying Isis was great since Harvest went way up? and Luthor was bad since Icarus went down?
          Well to be fair i'll admit i dont study SV ratings daily.. BUT lets not exaggerate how much these ratings actually went up or down we're talking a 2.1 and a 2.4 (lets just say) in CW's eyes there's limited increase.. But here ppl go nuts.. And these neilsen (sp?) ratings totals aren't pure dead on #s they're an estimate..

Now Isis sucked!! Impressive on their part of raising the ratings (even tho it really isnt that many) for Harvest.. As for Luthor (and this is my opinion only.. Don't want to branch this off to another topic) was surrounded by inept episodes.. What help was a Luthor was finally back.. After that we got more SpecialGuestville in Icarus, which IMO drives ppl away.. And NO i dont think Luthor is seen by the audience as a special guest, like all these DC ppl showing up weekly.. Lionel was a focal point of the show where as cool as he may be Deadshot isn't.. And with all this craziness the ratings are reflecting it..up down up down etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
            It should be pointed out Abandoned had Teri Hatcher

So you saying Isis was great since Harvest went way up? and Luthor was bad since Icarus went down?

homecoming had 3 million i think, lazarous 2,98, harvest 2,96, all higher than abondoned (abandoned 2.90)i refuse to believe that TH made a great difference to the ratings. The tess revelation was well hyped that week, its mostly people wanting to see a good story, although an overhyped episode doesnt always live up to it.

Comment

I find it very interesting that ratings for this episode fell at the halfway mark. Usually they raise. Did people get bored and tune out?

Comment

Originally posted by djc
                I think the ratings would've been higher. A lot of people were complaining there dvr's wouldn't or didn't record the episode.
                Yeah I had to reset all of my episodes and series to record because we had a bad snow storm that caused all the series that were supposed to be recorded weren't. However, my problem is probably an isolated one and that it has more to do with the stunt the CW pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                  I find it very interesting that ratings for this episode fell at the halfway mark. Usually they raise. Did people get bored and tune out?
                  you bet they did. I know 2 people personally who just shut the thing off.

Comment

[B]Yeah CW should take some of the blame for delaying the epi.

and as for beacon i see more people tuning out next week, really whats so interesting about chloe and oliver in bed (beacon screencaps), the writers seem to think this is of interest to viewers zzzzzzz. Anyway maybe martha can save it, i doubt it though
                    [/B]

Comment

Great ratings, all things considered.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Comment

My DVR didn't work either, but for some reason, I feared that might happen--the curse of DO, and I double checked and was able to manually tape it. Take that gremlins of the net.

Comment

Trailers that kill ratings

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion

It is hard to say what factors into the ratings - good trailers from the CW, a good preview clip,
                            The only thing unique about smallville, versus 100 other shows about romance and intrigue and action is the Superman character.

For me, the second I heard Clark, in the preview clip, say, "They took away my powers..." I thought, "Not again, yet another episode with no Superman in it."

Not having powers is not interesting or fun. It just screams out, "This episode is not going to have Superman in it."

That wasn't the only factor, and I'm glad the episode stayed above 2 million, but I can't understand why anyone would think, 'They took away my powers...' is going to make the show be more interesting than all the other unpowered people shows already on TV.

That one line killed my enthusiam for this episode long before it aired. It's one of the few times I left it to DVR to watch later, rather than hanging on my seat.

No, the super-powers are not the only reason I watch, but knowing they are not going to be there means that the writing needs to be stellar to make up for it. And the show just didn't hit that note.

Hint, to the writers, there are already a hundred shows about non-powered people. Smallville is blowing it's one advantage when it goes the same route, especially when advertising it ahead of time.

Comment

I thought the ratings would be weak after the long break but they held their own, but after what was the worst episode in a long line of bad ones the last four years. What a waste of time for Chloe's return. They managed to kill the joy of Allison's comeback much like when KK returned for her crapfest.
                              I think SV will be lucky to hit the 2 mill mark next week after such a useless, weak, attempt.

Comment

It didn't help that there were people who said their DVR's wouldn't record the episode cause it read it as having recorded it last week. I know in some places their cable guides didn't update either

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎