Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batfinx
    Superman, of all the comic book heroes, is least likely to be a loner and because of that part of Collateral worked for me, but most of it didn't. The closer to the end of the beginning of the Superman saga the show gets we should have Jimmy Olsen and Perry White, not so much screen time dedicated to those who have little to do with Clark's future. They should've found a way to have Clark in the glasses by now. That elevator scene in homecoming between the two Clark Kents was so great that an episode like this feels like a strained filler tribute to Matrix with no relationship to Superman. A pity.
    How true. The time to permanently put the glasses on Clark was after the "idol" episode in season 9. After all, he told Lois that he had a small case of short-sighted vision when he put a pair of glasses on at the end of the episode. You'll notice, we haven't seen the glasses since. The PTB keep losing their opportunities to move Clark forward just as they should have had him flying at the end of the this episode. Way to go TPTB!!! The more I watch, the less certain I'm going to enjoy the series finale!!!

Comment

• There aren't words adequate enough that I can use to describe just how bad this episode was, without being censored/censured/edited/banned!

Comment

• 8. This episode was good. Glad that Chloe came back.Also glad that Clark flew. But this is a rip-off of the Matrix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supsfan
          It's actually not that hard. S1-4 High School, S5-8 College and S9+ Clark in Metropolis before he becomes Superman...

I think it's basically a case the show loved their characters(mainly Chloe and Lana) more then they love doing a Clark Kent story. Many should have left seasons ago but they kept them on at the expense of stalling Clark in the process to keep them relevant.
          Agreed!

Comment

• I loved it! Gave it a 8. Matrix Chloe was awesome! Very glad she is back! At least for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Curt Connors
              I loved it! Gave it a 8. Matrix Chloe was awesome! Very glad she is back! At least for now.
              WORD to that, Garrett! I completely agree with you on everything you said and... nice avi!

Comment

• Watching this ep now! Very suspensful! This and Beacon are def off to a great start. This final run of SV is going to be legendary!

Comment

• I enjoyed the episode very much! I liked the story, and the characters, the focus being on the main four, Clark, Chloe, Lois and Oliver. Frankly I can do with an episode without Tess because to me she is a secondary character, So I was glad to once again se the big four gathered together!

Comment

• I didn't love it, I don't hate it. Clark not trusting himself should've been handled in an earlier episode. Clark should no longer have any doubts anymore before the season is over! Kill that storyline! It's done. I accepted Chloe's return because unlike the gang, she was the only one who knew they were trapped in an AU. They are not psychic, so they were not going to escape. Another "Clark's not really flying" moment, but it was still a nice scene. Let Clark fly in the RW! Once Chloe told Clark the world was fake, he should've took charge! CL is not an episode I would watch more than once. It's funny that some are more angry about " The Matrix" homage, than the people who actually created TM!
                    Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Wow. This was the worst episode ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omnipotent32
                        Wow. This was the worst episode ever.

It might be... but I had a fun night when I watched it... I ate Burger King and hung out with my favorite family members... this made me overlook the terribleness of the episode.

But, IMO, this episode had some good qualities...

Comment

• Chloe returns and they give me this? well, this show has become very predictable by now.
                          I expected a much better episode.

Comment

• One Thing Thats Annoying Me ...

One thing that watching the episode over realy annoys me, is that- ok clark and lois where shocked when clark didnt have his powers - but throughout the rest of ep nobody thought it was wierd that clark was able to be captured in the first place- the guy is gonna be superman! Its not supposed to be a normal thing that hes so easily captures along with humans...

But by now in the show after having 10 seasons where half the time clark is beaten up and powerless, nobody even cares how it was possible that the man of steel was experimented on, its like a matter of fact that we should realise that, 'oh, theyve got the kryptonite thing that the enitre world seems to own'

Comment

• Doctor Who: "The Deadly Assassin" (1976): The Doctor battles within a virtual reality known as "the Matrix". The Matrix appears several more times in the 1980's.

Tron (1980): Kevin Flynn gets scanned into a computer world.

Lois & Clark: Virtually Destroyed (1995): Lex's son (the first one) traps Lois & Clark within a virtual world.

JLA #8-9 (1997): A supervillain called the Key traps the whole Justice League within a virtual world.

And that's just four examples. Just goes to show you what innovative thinkers the Wachowskis' were, when they made The Matrix (1999). They came up with an idea nobody had totally been doing frequently during the last 20 years. They even came up with a totally original name for their virtual world.

Didn't think the episode was anything special. Just a plot designed to justify the sudden return of Chloe, so she could begin to fulfill her contractual obligations.

I like that, while AC doesn't appear in the episode, one of the pods has "Aquaman" written on it. It creates the feeling that the other heroes (that we saw at the funeral, but weren't in this episode) are present. Just a shame they didn't have the budget for a large enough set and enough pods, for all members of the group to be present. But, I can buy that the others were simply in the next room (the VRA guys just didn't have space for everyone in this one room).

Virtual Chloe bugged me. Unlike the other characters, Chloe isn't plugged in, but interacts with this world through a keyboard. Especially her moves, while fighting Dinah, are too complicated for Chloe to be able to do that via keyword. Then there's the moment, when one of the VRA guys take over her avatar. The Chloe avatar begins to experience psychological effects, like she's a real person, being taken over. But, she isn't. She's a virtual avatar. So, there shouldn't have been any physical change in her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎