No announcement yet.

Last Night's Episode Ratings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Night's Episode Ratings

9:00 ABC V 5.47 million viewers (18-49: 1.8/4)
    9:30 ABC V 5.00 million viewers (18-49: 1.6/4)

ABC’s V hit a series low 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 15% vs. 1/18/11. Heading towards the boneyard, Detroit 1-8-7 got a dead cat bounce, up 5% from its season low on 1/18/11 to a 1.2 rating.
    Source: TV by the Numbers
    Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM.

Sigh...

Comment

I think that the dip is due to the winter storm that hit a good bit of the country last night. I have a friend who said her ABC affiliate signal went out about a half hour into the episode. They lost ABC while other network signals stayed on. I'm guessing she's not the only one that happened to, which explains the 2nd half hour of "Unholy Alliance" going down.

I think the week hiatus might have had something to do with it as well as the repeat of No Ordinary Family, which is a pretty crappy lead-in to begin with.

Hope that ABC factors all of that in because V had to put up with a lot last night.

Comment

The Show...

can't catch a break in terms of live/same-day numbers. Scheduling probably is the biggest problem; not that the show is the greatest ever made, but it's doing a lot more ight this season than wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
          can't catch a break in terms of live/same-day numbers. Scheduling probably is the biggest problem; not that the show is the greatest ever made, but it's doing a lot more ight this season than wrong.
          I agree with all of that.

Hopefully, this is the lowest it will get and it'll bounce back next week.

Comment

From what i can gather, though, not yet confirmed officially, the only 2 channels who were likely to broadcast the second season of V have indicated that they will not broadcast the second season, due to first season ratings (in the UK).

Comment

I like the blame the winter storm idea, myself.

Comment

Next Week...

Fox's "Raising Hope" returns, following an all-new "Glee," so it may not be that easy for "V" to rebound some, even with a new "No Ordinary Family" airing before it. Hopefully, it will, though.

So far, "V" has dipped below a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo just three times for an original episode (out of 16), with two occurring this season. We'll know the DVR numbers for this week's episode in a little less than three weeks.

Comment

I know that some people expressed concern that the skinning of Malik would turn off viewers. Maybe those viewers who were offended did decide to tune out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                    I know that some people expressed concern that the skinning of Malik would turn off viewers. Maybe those viewers who were offended did decide to tune out.
                    It doesn't look like that'll happen again next week, so they should tune back in!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                      Highly unlikely. I mean, uber highly. Malik's skinning was nothing compared what Jack Bauer did to suspects. Or even his brother.

Comment

It's sad. I really like the show.

Comment

DVR Numbers Are Out...

Again, this measures viewing in the six days following the initial broadcast.

Among gainers in the Adults 18-49 demographic, V gained 0.6 (ranking No. 21 out of 55 programs), giving it a total 2.3 in the demo. The initial 1.7 Live + Same-Day demo rating of 1.7 was its lowest to date. In terms of percentage gains, V ranked No. 8 (up 35% from its initial rating).

Among gainers in overall viewership, V ranked No. 19, with a gain of 1.523 million viewers, giving it an overall viewership of 6.816 million.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎