Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Tyler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the kid. Season 1 he was just gullible. Now he's becoming a pain.

Can't wait for Lisa's limit to be reached. She'll be all "YOU DID IT WITH A LIZARD AND YOUR MOM IS LEADING THE COLUMN!! THAT'S RIGHT, CRY EMO BOY CRY!!"
    That won't happen. Ah well. Always have fanfiction.

Comment

From the first episode, Tyler has been a defiant teenager. He blamed his mom for driving his dad away. He was constantly breaking her rules like joining the Peace Ambassador program when she asked him not to do it or riding recklessly off somewhere on his mortorcycle.

Erica loves her son and would do anything to protect him. But the problem is she has little influence over him and he won't listen to her. In fact, when he decides to do something reckless, no one can get through to him, not even the girl he loves. Erica can't trust what he will do with the information she knows. That could put him and the 5th Column in great danger. Right now, she knows that Anna is protective of Tyler. Long as that stays that way, she feels he will be safe. I don't think Erica realizes the influence that Anna has over Tyler because this could change how she feels about telling him what is going on. If Tyler's allegiance to the V's deepens, she may never be able to tell him the truth.

For me, Tyler has not been a sympathetic character so I find it hard to root for him. But I know his actions has a deep impact on Erica so in that regards, I hope he can be redeemed before Anna eats him.

Comment

I think the best way Erica can get through to Tyler is for him to have a male influence in his life. I know His dad thinks Tyler isnt his son, but I really think Erica needs to tell him the new information she found out about her pregnancy. Having his father in his life may be Tylers only hope of possibly being somewhat tolerable in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
          I think the best way Erica can get through to Tyler is for him to have a male influence in his life. I know His dad thinks Tyler isnt his son, but I really think Erica needs to tell him the new information she found out about her pregnancy. Having his father in his life may be Tylers only hope of possibly being somewhat tolerable in the future.
          Does Tyler's dad know anything about the V's? I can't remember what if anything he has been told. I agree, Tyler needs a male influence and his father maybe the only to get through to him.

Comment

I hate to post this, but Tyler is becoming like Daniel Bernstein in the first 2 V miniseries. If he isn't careful, he might end up like him. In other words, dead.

Comment

I never liked his character. I always thought he was kinda lame.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                I know his actions has a deep impact on Erica so in that regards, I hope he can be redeemed before Anna eats him.
                I actually think that will happen.

----- Added 57 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                Does Tyler's dad know anything about the V's? I can't remember what if anything he has been told. I agree, Tyler needs a male influence and his father maybe the only to get through to him.
                Joe Evans does not know the truth about the Vs as far as we've seen.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mbozzo
                I hate to post this, but Tyler is becoming like Daniel Bernstein in the first 2 V miniseries. If he isn't careful, he might end up like him. In other words, dead.
                Tyler is acting VERY Daniel-esque, which is why I fear for him.
                Last edited by savingpeoplething; 02-05-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                  I actually think that will happen.

----- Added 57 Seconds later -----

Joe Evans does not know the truth about the Vs as far as we've seen.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Tyler is acting VERY Daniel-esque, which is why I fear for him.
                  Me too.

Yeah, [SPOILER]but I think she might tell him or he'll pick up on something his self not right about the V's.[/SPOILER]

I just looked that character and wow ...Ty's like exactly like Daniel to the core. But I don't think he will die like he did. This version of 'V' is not the same as the first and a lot's different now.

Comment

HELL NO TO THE MILLIONTH POWER!!!!

I can't stand that little punk bastard!! I know he's important to everything that's going on with the Vs plans, and even though I fully expect him to turn against the Vs once he learns the truth (the actor even went so far as to compare him to Luke Skywalker in an interview), I don't think that will make any difference in my eyes. I've hated him since the pilot, everything about him rubs me the wrong damn way.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mbozzo
                    Let's weigh the consequences...

Pro:
                    1: NO more having to put up with a stupid doosh
                    2: HUGE monkey wrench thrown in Anna's plans that destabilizes alot of things, that the VC can hopefully use to their advantage
                    3: NO MORE HAVING TO PUT UP WITH A STUPID DOOSH
                    4: Pissed off Erica pulls no more punches against Anna. It's real war this time!

Con:
                    1: It would make Erica cry

not really balancing out, you see
                    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 02-06-2011, 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do you like Tyler?

NO WAY! Although I tried to in season one and felt fans were just hating on him because he represents the teenage males and is boring, wishy-washy and dull.

But nope no more sympathy for "Cryler" he is just as intolerable this 2nd season around with no improvement in written development or portrayal by the actor.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎