No announcement yet.

Do you like Tyler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like Tyler?

Do you like Tyler. Right now, I think he is one messed up kid. I hope he can be saved because I hate what it is doing to Erica.

I used to give him a lot of slack, but ratting out Jack and vandalizing a church are kind of the lowest of the lows.

I'm all for redemption for characters who want it, but Tyler is going down a path I don't think he can turn around from.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SteelyGal
    I hate what it is doing to Erica.
    Oh, me too.

I feel bad for Erica because this whole time she's been doing what she's doing to try and protect her son, but all it has done is drive him to Anna and the Vs. Erica's probably feeling a lot of guilt and fear about what Tyler is becoming.
    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do I like Tyler??? lol No

Comment

I feel bad for him because he still has no clue what the Visitors are.

Comment

I think the show was good last night, my issue with Tyler is that he has not seen anything to make him question the V's he believes everything is just fine, its as if Tyler has no brains, he doesn't question anything. Worst not one single person has gotten to him and said this is why you should question things, so I dont hate Tyler I hate how his character is walking in the dark with so much going on around him he should have some clue by now.

Comment

I hate Tyler since the beginning. But now, I like hating him because he's a great mix of Sean Donovan, Robin Maxwell and Daniel in the original series. Just like I love hating Anna. Tyler is in bad shape and he doesn't even know what's coming up for him, her mother and the rest of human kind. He can't be saved, that's sure for now, but I don't know in the future.

His anger towards his friends murdering can be understood, but things will be getting worse for him and I really hope that Father Travis will set him up in the FBI office!

Comment

I have never liked Tyler and I am very curious how the writers plan to redeem his character. They may be able to redeem him story wise, but I doubt they will ever be able to redeem him in the eyes of the audience. Not even if they give him a sacrificial death.

Comment

Originally posted by rictor
                I feel bad for him because he still has no clue what the Visitors are.
                In some ways, I feel bad for him about that as well because all he sees is "Vs are good. People hurting them are bad."

BUT...at the same time, you don't go around vandalizing and destroying something so much that you end up breaking all kinds of laws just because you're upset.

There are better ways to handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                  Do you like Tyler. Right now, I think he is one messed up kid. I hope he can be saved because I hate what it is doing to Erica.
                  The one to hate is Erica! What kind of mother lets her son date an alien lizard without telling him? Knowing all she does about the visitors she turns her head and can't find the time to let him know what the V's are. She should have had him front and center when they skinned the the FBI agent. At the very least she could have had Ryan take Tyler aside and clue him in on the V mating habits. As a father I'm disgusted how she just bounces along knowing what she knows about the V's while her son thinks the V's are the next messiah. It's another example of poor writing a show direction.

Comment

Originally posted by scifiguy92111
                    The one to hate is Erica! What kind of mother lets her son date an alien lizard without telling him?
                    The one that wants her son alive.

Knowing all she does about the visitors she turns her head and can't find the time to let him know what the V's are.
                    Erica knows her son. Tyler overreacts. It's been evident now since the first season. Yesterday just affirmed it when he pushed his mother away and stormed out. Telling him that Lisa is really a lizard-thing underneath - no way could he ever act normal around her again.

Tyler distancing himself from Lisa and the V's will make Anna suspicious asking if he knows what they really are underneath the skin. Suspicious Anna kills. Right now, it's safer for Tyler to not know.

I view that as protecting him.

She should have had him front and center when they skinned the the FBI agent. At the very least she could have had Ryan take Tyler aside and clue him in on the V mating habits.
                    Again, that would have freaked Tyler the hell out.

As a father I'm disgusted how she just bounces along knowing what she knows about the V's while her son thinks the V's are the next messiah. It's another example of poor writing a show direction.
                    Do you think Erica is honestly okay with it? She was surprised to find out Lisa was V, but she knows Lisa is not like Anna, so she trusts her and I think even cares about her.

And it's not just Tyler who thinks the Vs are messiahs. A lot of other people do to. Right now, it's smarter for Erica to 'play' Anna's game.

You know the old saying: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Tyler is another way into getting closer to Anna.

Remember this is a war. People have to make sacrifices in wars.

Comment

Before last nights episode he just annoyed me as another teenage character with ZERO brain cells. But after watching Last nights episode I Loathe, Dispise and Detest the kid! He is full of so much hate it sickens me! What hes doing to Erica just breaks my heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren_17
                        The one that wants her son alive.

Erica knows her son. Tyler overreacts. It's been evident now since the first season. Yesterday just affirmed it when he pushed his mother away and stormed out. Telling him that Lisa is really a lizard-thing underneath - no way could he ever act normal around her again.

Tyler distancing himself from Lisa and the V's will make Anna suspicious asking if he knows what they really are underneath the skin. Suspicious Anna kills. Right now, it's safer for Tyler to not know.

I view that as protecting him.

Again, that would have freaked Tyler the hell out.

Do you think Erica is honestly okay with it? She was surprised to find out Lisa was V, but she knows Lisa is not like Anna, so she trusts her and I think even cares about her.

And it's not just Tyler who thinks the Vs are messiahs. A lot of other people do to. Right now, it's smarter for Erica to 'play' Anna's game.

You know the old saying: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Tyler is another way into getting closer to Anna.

Remember this is a war. People have to make sacrifices in wars.

Most parents would prefer their kids freaked out and alive over content and dead. As a parent I can't imagine letting my child continue in such a relationship, sorry to hear you would have no problem letting your child date a post coitus death machine! It's a painful storyline to watch.

Comment

MOD NOTE:

Please keep the discussion about the topic and not each other. No board on board stuff, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                            Before last nights episode he just annoyed me as another teenage character with ZERO brain cells.

But after watching Last nights episode I Loathe, Dispise and Detest the kid! He is full of so much hate it sickens me! What hes doing to Erica just breaks my heart!
                            You know, I was really mad that he trashed the church, and ended up pushing the old priest down. I understand he was angry over losing his friends, but come on --

However, at the end scene with Jack, when Erica told Jack that this wasn't the boy she raised, kind of let me see a new perspective into him and the whole V situation, and how much influence Anna has over him, which is a very scary thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren_17

You know, I was really mad that he trashed the church, and ended up pushing the old priest down. I understand he was angry over losing his friends, but come on --

However, at the end scene with Jack, when Erica told Jack that this wasn't the boy she raised, kind of let me see a new perspective into him and the whole V situation, and how much influence Anna has over him, which is a very scary thought.
                              Yea I know. Its 1 thing to destroy a church like that if you have 100% proof Father Jack was responsible for those killings. That kind of anger I could understand. But taking it out on someone out of pure speculation and not even an ounce of proof, just Anna not liking him, is out of control. Now thats some definate Power on Annas end! And stupidity on Tylers end. Tyler is definately Anna biggest weapon right now, and she doesnt even know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎