No announcement yet.

NBC Cuts The Cape To 10 Episodes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Cuts The Cape To 10 Episodes

Got a feeling the show just unofficially got canceled and 10 is all we're getting, unless there's a major ratings turnaround. May as well enjoy it while we can.

Thoughts?

I wonder if any of the story threads will be resolved?

Comment

The Deadline article said something about a production shutdown, so I'd imagine they'll rewrite episode #10 to have a conclusion.. but maybe leave some threads open in case there's a Season 2.

Comment

that's bad news. but of all the shows out now, this is one show that i myself wouldn't care about losing. i love summer glau and she's really the only reason i watch the show. the story itself isn't interesting enough to keep me glued to it though. there's elements of it i like, but most of the time i'm kinda bored. also what time period is this show? there's time i feel it's like the present day, then there's other times i feel like it's set in the 1950's or somewhere close to there. i don't why. it's just not that exciting enough for me to really care about the show. the characters aren't really friendly and that likeable, at least not for me.

Comment

I like how this happens just as I am getting into it a little...

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
            I like how this happens just as I am getting into it a little...

*sigh*
            Exactly!!!

I loved "Dice" and thought it was so much better than the last four episodes, and now this? Lame. It seems like a CW move, lol.

Comment

Aww, mannn. I was getting into The Cape, too. Just when I was catching up to all the main characters. It had some potential.

Comment

Another one bites the dust!

Comment

I'm not one to gloat but I knew this would happen when I viewed the trailer.Before the 2 hour premiere I could tell the show wouldn't survive.Not even enjoying Summer's past work on Terminator was enough to make me want to watch the show.

Comment

If I were them I wouldnt tie up anything. Just the contrary Id keep hinting at Orwell's back story but resolve nothing and end on a cliffhanger. Let the fans stew and grumble. It was only gonna be on three more weeks anyway so let the fans know that NBC robbed them of a conclusion to save a few bucks..

It wasnt my favorite show and Im not worried about getting out of bed tomorrow. Still, it was different and I like different. Not really sure what they saved by cutting three eps.

Anywho, The Event starts soon and when that gets canceled there will once again be no shows I watch on NBC. Must be nice to have things so good at NBC that u can afford to drive away fans.

Comment

I am officially done with NBC...The Cape was the only show I was watching on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                        I am officially done with NBC...The Cape was the only show I was watching on the network.

Same here!

Comment

NBC!!!!!! I was so hoping for this show to continue, but I guess this means it's coming to an end very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun

I don't get the big deal in just giving the cape the extra 3 episodes. I don't think it would kill NBC.

However, due to ratings and everything I'm not suprised. I hope they're given a chance next season. I'm not quite sure if it's just me but something always feels off about The Cape. It's really good but it's missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.

Due to The Cape, I've gotten interested in Harry's Law. It's actually really interesting kind of a Comedy/Drama mixed with lawyer things. I really like it and I enjoy Kathy Bates as an actress. So I guess I'll be sticking with NBC until Harry's law is over in March. After that though I won't be watching any shows on NBC.

Comment

I wanted to see The Cape progress..........and return this fall. I'm going to need some type of superhero show to fill in the Smallville void.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎