No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Descent?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar
    I'm sorry...but just become Damon's "hot" and has some funny lines every so often...doesn't make him a great guy...and for me doesn't excuse any of his monsterous actions. You do remember that he just recently snapped Elena's brother neck in front of her?? But that's okay because his brother made him do it...or wait no...katherine did... Damon is responsible for all the decisions he's made, no one else.
    I guess you just missunderstood what I said with the "hot" thing, or maybe you just chose not to get it right, but anyway, what I meant was that back then Damon was such a nice guy that bi### Katherine found him boring and now that heīs a badass she finds him a lot more intersting...
    And yes Damon is responsible for his choices and actions but not interelly. He was pushed to be the way he is. Like in real life when someone who happened to be abused in his childhood becomes a pedofile or a killer in his adultīs life. Heīs not excused for his terrible actions or anything but he has a background that explains why he acts like that and that past history of horror helps him in court (itīs true, trust me Iīm a lawyer).
    So we canīt just blame only Damon for who he became. We must try to undesrtand and, like Elena, bring him back to his humanity.
    Damon killed that girl in epīs end TO CONVINCE HIMSELF heīs evil and bad and so he doesnīt deserve to be loved by anyone and if no one loves him he doesnīt have to feel vulnarable for having feelings for someone. So by killing again and convincing himself heīs not worthy to be loved HE FEELS PROTECTED OF GETTING HURT AND CRUSHED AND DEVASTED AGAIN.
    Last edited by rej@ne; 01-29-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      I found the ep entertaining enough. Not a fan of their choice to make the new werewolf babe in town a murderer though, bashing in the cop's head with a rock like that? lol come on...I would have preferred it if werewolves were honorable, and only killed as wolves because they had no control over it. Vamps are murderers because of the whole blood thirst thing (and/or soullessness, although i'm not sure this series makes vamps soulless). What's a wolf-in-human-form's excuse?

I'm still thinking about this one...I'm 50/50 on this at the moment.

But i think them just being werewolf makes them not "honorable" because for them to become werewolves they had to kill someone to begin with...so obviously Jules had to kill someone when she was human. Plus she doesn't feel the need to chain herself up during a full moon to protect humans, unlike Mason and Tyler. We know that Katherine was involved with Mason and Tyler becoming one but we don't know about the others...They might actually like the power of being a werewolf and don't consider it a curse.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rej@ne
      I guess you just missunderstood what I said with the "hot" thing, or maybe you just chose not to get it right, .

Sorry...I wasn't just quoting you when i said "hot"...I was quoting me and a majority of Damon fans.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

So we canīt just blame only Damon for who he became. We must try to undesrtand and, like Elena, bring him back to his humanity.
      Damon killed that girl in epīs end TO CONVINCE HIMSELF heīs evil and bad and so he doesnīt deserve to be loved by anyone and if no one loves him he doesnīt have to feel vulnarable for having feelings for someone. So by killing again and convincing himself heīs not worthy to be loved HE FEELS PROTECTED OF GETTING HURT AND CRUSHED AND DEVASTED AGAIN.
      I understand what you are staying...I just refuse to try to "understand" or care, because he's taking human life and he doesn't care. What about all the human lives he's taken? Damon is a smart guy, he knows what he's doing and he still does it. Damon isn't some abused child...he's always known what he's doing. He was old enough when he died to know right from wrong, so yes I can blame him.

Though stefan isn't perfect either...he was extremely selfish to turn his brother because he didn't want to be alone and he was selfish to get involved with Elena, a human when he knows it can't go anywhere...unless she dies and becomes a vampire. Plus as Xanderman states below, Stefan allows his brother to live even knowing of all the humans he keeps killing...

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Xanderman;7055359

You [B
      don't honestly feel bad for Damon do you... He's murdered so many people, hard to see him as genuinely good... He deserves to die many times over in my view, as does Stefan for not putting an end to Damon long ago.[/B] Let's hope Bonnie finds out and lives up to her promise, as Sugar said. She should come up with some sort of super-spell, that kills all vampires everywhere. Maybe by getting into all of their heads at once, like Professor Xavier, and causing their heads to explode. A satisfying end to the series if I do say so myself.
      Exactly!

Though I don't think they are going anywhere too soon since they are 2 of the main characters of the show... And they are both fun to watch!
      Last edited by Sugar; 01-29-2011, 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=Sugar;7058749]

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Sorry...I wasn't just quoting you when i said "hot"...I was quoting me and a majority of Damon fans.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

I understand what you are staying...I just refuse to try to "understand" or care, because he's taking human life and he doesn't care. What about all the human lives he's taken? Damon is a smart guy, he knows what he's doing and he still does it. Damon isn't some abused child...he's always known what he's doing. He was old enough when he died to know right from wrong, so yes I can blame him.

Though stefan isn't perfect either...he was extremely selfish to turn his brother because he didn't want to be alone and he was selfish to get involved with Elena, a human when he knows it can't go anywhere...unless she dies and becomes a vampire. Plus as Xanderman states below, Stefan allows his brother to live even knowing of all the humans he keeps killing...

All I can say is that I think you didnīt get the true nature of Damonīs characther and sorry for those who hope the witches will take the vampires down. Thatīs just pure non sense and if you allow me kinda ridiculous coz that would make the witches the most powerful beings ever. Just doesnīt fit and itīs abt time to show these whole witches craft that theyīre not invinceble or fearless. For Bonnie I hope Damon saves her life so she will have to surrender a bit and stop being so cocky of her witch power thing.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

To Sugar

Donīt be surprised if the person who influenced Stefan to get out of his dark times turns out to be damon... Weīll find out in #14 The Dinner Party airing on Feb, 17th
        Last edited by rej@ne; 01-29-2011, 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

All I can say is that I think you didnīt get the true nature of Damonīs characther and sorry for those who hope the witches will take the vampires down. Thatīs just pure non sense and if you allow me kinda ridiculous coz that would make the witches the most powerful beings ever. Just doesnīt fit and itīs abt time to show these whole witches craft that theyīre not invinceble or fearless. For Bonnie I hope Damon saves her life so she will have to surrender a bit and stop being so cocky of her witch power thing.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

To Sugar

Donīt be surprised if the person who influenced Stefan to get out of his dark times turns out to be damon... Weīll find out in #14 The Dinner Party airing on Feb, 17th
          I not one of those who thinks the witches should kill all the vampires...though in the end it would save a lot of human lives.

Now Bonnie...man, she has some serious issues. I loved Bonnie in Season 1 but after she came back after her grandma's death...she was a serious Witch with a captial B. I love that she's learning to be a witch and to be a stronger woman and not to be afraid, but she went a little cookoo. I agree, she seriously needs to stop being so cocky...her cockiness cause her to lose the moonstone. Her belief that she could control everything and not fear anything and all that anger she has, allowed that guy to steal the moonstone away from her...it also allowed the vampires to have control over that device that was created to control vampires...

Plus it's keeping her friends distance from her...

I can't wait for The Dinner Party episode!! I think that's going to be great! I'm so excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
            I not one of those who thinks the witches should kill all the vampires...though in the end it would save a lot of human lives.

Now Bonnie...man, she has some serious issues. I loved Bonnie in Season 1 but after she came back after her grandma's death...she was a serious Witch with a captial B. I love that she's learning to be a witch and to be a stronger woman and not to be afraid, but she went a little cookoo. I agree, she seriously needs to stop being so cocky...her cockiness cause her to lose the moonstone. Her belief that she could control everything and not fear anything and all that anger she has, allowed that guy to steal the moonstone away from her...it also allowed the vampires to have control over that device that was created to control vampires...

Plus it's keeping her friends distance from her...

I can't wait for The Dinner Party episode!! I think that's going to be great! I'm so excited!!
            And now weīre on the same page !! lol
            I canīt wait for that episode either. It will rock and shake things up !!!
            But, whatīs your guess abt that surprising person who "saved" Stefan fom the Dark Side (sure it wasnīt Luke Skywalker !! )

Comment

Oh, I guess Iīm wrong thinking that the "savior" person is Damon. I was reading some of the spoillers and in one of them itīs said that Lexi will return in a flash back... so I think sheīs the one whose influence changed bad Stefan in good (boring) Stefan.

Comment

I hated to see Rose die...
                I hated to see Damon cry and be so... human?
                Caroline & her boyfriends is just wasting time of the show!

But still the episode wasn't worth to take Smallville's time

Comment

I can see where 1) someone else besides Damon will be blamed for killing the girl Damon killed. 2) Someone will find out it was really Damon who killed her. 3) The person who knows it was really Damon will want the wrong person to be held responsible. 4) Damon will have to decide whether or not to keep the wrong person from being punished. Will he confess to anyone? Elena? I'm just wondering. There are some very deep and interesting viewpoints about Damon... This compares to Stefan keeping himself from killing a girl under the same circumstances in an earlier episode. Damon's crime has to be concealed for a long time. It seems like he couldn't even function in the show if ppl knew he did this...

Comment

Finally posting here!

I gave it a 9. I was gripped by the entire episode. The only downside was Jules killing that cop at the beginning. That left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a bit sensitive to that right now for personal reasons, and it's difficult to watch on TV.

To get to the goods...

I really loved Rose in this episode. The way she went from sick and meek to ferocious and well, rabid, for lack of a better word...made for good TV. I loved how she'd all of a sudden disappear, then reappear in a completely different state and scare the bejeebus out of Elena. I gleaned a straight up horror movie influence there. The scene Rose shared with Damon at the end was very touching, and showing his "human" side even though he fought it all the way.

Speaking of Damon, I decided to devote the rest of my post to him. What was most significant to me was the transcendence of his character. As Rose sunk deeper into her illness, Damon fought even harder to save her, despite his verbal denial. When he had to stake her at the end, he had finally reached his breaking point.

I always found Damon to be one of the most complex characters, he has many sides. I must refer to the books here. Damon bit humans without cause or concern in the novels, especially in the earlier books. I recall a scene where Stefan had to clean up yet another mess Damon had made with a girl when he fled back to Italy.

What he did in this episode was very similar to what he did in the book there. He reverted back to his vampire instincts and let them take over, to drown out his emotional pain that he felt but didn't WANT to feel.

This is why, though it was shocking to see, I was not surprised he did what he did. Damon was always the one who embodied more of what a vampire is than Stefan. He LIKED the power, he liked that people feared him and he especially liked having a leg up on his brother.

Damon is cruel. We see glimpses of his softer side here and there but, in the end I feel he will always go back to that. He will never change.

I absolutely loved him in this episode and every time I watch, I am thankful they have kept him to his true character.

Comment

Originally posted by anneboleyn
                      i hated this episode, the worst of the series for me. Nothing happened til the last 10 minutes, i can't stand jules or rose. Nice to see some good damon scenes towards the end. 3
                      thank you anne it sucked even damon suck he caring lame elena trying to fight a vampire lame also she and stefan have no passion anymore those kisses were weak stale and just sad.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I liked rose but jules just cant cat not enough tyler and car no bonnie (my fav character) no stefan i mean seeing john i dont care he sucks and could have stayed dead for all i care also this show is the cw's pet lame

tbh this season overall has not been really good.
                      Last edited by doodie8808; 01-31-2011, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by doodie8808
                        thank you anne it sucked even damon suck he caring lame elena trying to fight a vampire lame also she and stefan have no passion anymore those kisses were weak stale and just sad.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

I liked rose but jules just cant cat not enough tyler and car no bonnie (my fav character) no stefan i mean seeing john i dont care he sucks and could have stayed dead for all i care also this show is the cw's pet lame

tbh this season overall has not been really good.
                        Youīre crazy !!! lol

Comment

I knew Damon's caring for Rose in her dying moments was very moving when it ran the first time. I'm looking at the Mar. 3 repeat of The Descent now. Damon and Rose are just staggering. That's the way the scene is affecting me now. I can't wait for new eps in April. I'll have to review another ep tonight- one with Anna and Jeremy. How could they have missed the potential of that 'ship??

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎