0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - It's a turkey.
    0%

I liked all the action in this one. I always like Casey/Morgan - but wished there was a little bit more of Casey being the protective father. I liked the Ellie/Devon sub-story.

What I'm not liking is this new (or it is a reverted?) Sarah. This whole plot of her leaving Chuck seems very ooc for season 3.5/4 Sarah. Especially the "distance" conclusion of the episode just seemed wrong for Sarah.

Comment

I think I'm done watching Chuck from now on. It used to be good and fun. But now it's really boring. Too much drama/angst. The Sarah and Chuck to be together is just so damn boring. The volkoff story also pretty boring. So is Chuck's mom. Chuck being un-confident a really letdown. I wish this season could be like the previous ones. Season 2 and 3 was awesome even though with Sarah and Chuck angst and Shaw (who was the best villain ever in this show). I may be turning in for season 5, if it's any better with writers that don't only seek angst.

Comment

Dark Fun!

One of the things I like aboouty Chuck is it alternates between darkly serious and light comedy, sometimes between eposodes, other times moment to moment. This was a truly dark episode. Sarah looks great in black. And Volkoff makes for an entertaining villain (much more fun than Shaw).

Comment

I was extremely disappointed by this episode. OK, Timothy Dalton is rocking it as Volkoff and Morgan&Casey are fun to watch (at this point I'd rather have an hour of the Morgan&Casey show than anything else). But mostly I was just...disappointed.

The business with the baby name was...it was so obvious what Ellie was trying to do with "Guntha" or "Grunka" or whatever it was. And for Awesome and Chuck and the rest to fall for it? What?

Oh look, Sarah following Mama Bartowski's path. *yawn*

And after all this time, after all they've been through, Chuck really believes that Sarah did this to him? Betrayed him? Um, reality check please.

This episode was predictable and the Chuck&Sarah stuff is just not interesting to me anymore.

But as I said, Morgan&Casey are cool and Dalton as Volkoff is always fun to watch (except the eyeball scene--ick!).

I just...I hope that we can get the fun back soon.

I'm sorry if this seemed harsh or nitpicky but I just miss how good this show used to be, you know?

Comment

^^ I agree with u Teri!

Comment

Thanks. I saw your post and, while I'm not dropping the show just yet, I can understand why you're thinking of it.

Though right now, as I said, I'm pretty much tuning in for the Morgan&Casey show!

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                I was extremely disappointed by this episode. OK, Timothy Dalton is rocking it as Volkoff and Morgan&Casey are fun to watch (at this point I'd rather have an hour of the Morgan&Casey show than anything else). But mostly I was just...disappointed.

The business with the baby name was...it was so obvious what Ellie was trying to do with "Guntha" or "Grunka" or whatever it was. And for Awesome and Chuck and the rest to fall for it? What?

Oh look, Sarah following Mama Bartowski's path. *yawn*

And after all this time, after all they've been through, Chuck really believes that Sarah did this to him? Betrayed him? Um, reality check please.

This episode was predictable and the Chuck&Sarah stuff is just not interesting to me anymore.

But as I said, Morgan&Casey are cool and Dalton as Volkoff is always fun to watch (except the eyeball scene--ick!).

I just...I hope that we can get the fun back soon.

I'm sorry if this seemed harsh or nitpicky but I just miss how good this show used to be, you know?
                I have to disagree, I loved this episode and have really enjoyed the Mary storyline (although the middle segments did seem a little repetitive at points, with her constantly switching allegiances). With what happened to his mother so fresh in his mind and with Casey so badly hurt, I think Chuck would be that confused - especially with Sarah cutting off contact. What is he supposed to think?

I do agree that Morgan/Casey and Volkoff are awesome, though. I wish they'd focus more on the fact that Morgan is dating Alex, that's one of my favourite storylines this season

Comment

As much as I love Chuck, I have to say these episodes aren't great when you compare them to Season 1 and 2. I think the writers need to re-evaluate what their formula should be. Here are my main issues:
                  1. Chuck himself - he's almost an entirely different character from the guy we all fell in love with in season 1. I know there has to be growth, but he's no longer very nerdy or sweetly self-deprecating, or funny in the face of danger. Also, I miss the curly hair.
                  2. Not enough Casey - Adam Baldwin is a comedy genius. Why the hell aren't the writers giving him stuff to say or do?
                  3. Too much Morgan - I like him, but if more Morgan means less Casey I'd rather they kept him to short comedic snippets such as being intimidated by Sarah.
                  4. Not enough Ellie and Awesome - I quite liked the Grunka storyline, but I felt Ellie and Awesome were at their best when Ellie was being neurotic about how clean the house was, or 'pestering' Chuck, or bickering with Morgan, and Awesome when he would come into the middle of a scene without a shirt and do something random and hilarious: "Did someone say tango?".
                  5. Irrelevant Buy More storylines - these are feeling forced now. I think the answer is to put Team Chuck in the Buy More more often (since they supposedly work there), let them have their conversations there instead of Castle, and put in a couple of brief one-liners from Jeff and Lester. Also, they could use a Buy More baddie, like Emmett or Harry.
                  6. Wierd spy baddies - love Timothy Dalton, but Volkoff needs to kill more people. Chevy Chase was the better funny/psycho bad guy.
                  I'm very sorry for going on this long. I started and I couldn't stop. Despite all of the above, I still love Chuck.

Comment

I agree with 2, 4, and 5 More Casey, Ellie, and Awesome and more relevant Buy More stories would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
                      With what happened to his mother so fresh in his mind and with Casey so badly hurt, I think Chuck would be that confused - especially with Sarah cutting off contact. What is he supposed to think?
                      It's cool, people feel differently about episodes. That's the fun!
                      And while yeah, having his mother's betrayal fresh in his mind might make him doubtful, and Sarah cutting off contact probably didn't help, it just seems to me that after all they've been through Chuck should trust her more. But to each their own, right?

Originally posted by big yellow taxi
                      Also, I miss the curly hair.
                      Me too!

2. Not enough Casey
                      Agreed. And most of what we do get is connected to Morgan/Alex. I miss the Chuck/Casey interactions.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎