Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Vs die when they get there fake skin taken off?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Vs die when they get there fake skin taken off?

hi there does any one have any idea about this ? I don't get it.

I know Anna had a few V's skinned in season 1, but I assumed she was talking about their real skin, not their fake human skin.

This is just my guess but I think their cloned human skin is attached to their nervous system allowing their brain to feel and sense things like a real human skin. It is because the human skin allows them to feel the same sensations as humans, after a prolonged time in human skin, some V's might start to develop human emotions. The skin becomes a part of them as much as their own skin. If the skin is not removed properly as in being "skinned", the process not only damages their own skin (think of a band-aid that is embedded into the skin being ripped off taking some of your skin and put it on a larger scale), but their body will go into shock leading to death.
    Last edited by SteelyGal; 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I think it may also have something to do with their skin being exposed to oxygen. Ryan's baby was kept in that watery incubator while in her lizard form, but when they took her out, Anna put flesh on her. Anna later mentioned that now that she had the human skin, she could exist and live on earth like Ryan.

So I believe that there is something on the earth--maybe something atmospherically speaking--that is damaging to the lizards without that cloned skin protection. Perhaps when the cloned skin is removed, tremendous pain comes from their own skin being exposed raw to the elements of the earth's atmosphere.

Comment

I could be mistaken, and I'd have to watch the episode again to remember what Ryan said, but I think the human skin becomes attached to their own, so in a sense, the act of skinning them, would most likely have the same effect on them as if they were to skin an actual human being and they die of shock of something.

Comment

I think its a bit of both theories mentioned by the second and third poster... But I think that the earthīs atmosphere is the primary reason. They seem save when on the ship and with their human skin attached to their body but if they were to get skinned outside of the ship, just like Malick was, getting in touch with the human atmosphere, it somehow affects their raptilian bodies. Annaīs mother lives in that secret chamber on the ship and I think that it is the way their planet actually looks like... In order for Vīs to live in the human atmosphere is to clone a human getting the human flesh and skin and depending on how long they have it attached to them, it grows with them....

Do you guys remember that episode in season one when Erica seeks the help of a scientist that found away of killing the raptiles? Anna anxiously wanted him captured and killed...
          Last edited by phoenixforce86; 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Of course all any of the 5th column need to do to answer these fundamental questions is ask Ryan. That for me is my biggest beef with the new series. These are all great questions, and understanding them could presumably lead to a way to defeat the visitors. The human 5th column has a remarkable lack of curiosity.

Comment

I think you guys put way too much thought into this... more so than the writers of the show. Thats a good thing.

Comment

All good theories, but here are my thoughts. When Joshua skinned that guy early on, they were on the ship. Also, both Ryan and Marcus asked Anna why she was putting skin on the child--as though human skin on a child wasn't the norm. The fact that the child could now live on earth might also be because how could Ryan walk around with a child that did not have human skin? (I still think the theory that human skin might protect them from the atmosphere may be correct though.)

The big question the fifth column AND any humans have not asked is, "where are all the little V's?" Those "infant" soldiers were man-sized. The fascination with breeding with humans may be because only queen V's can have babies, and they have thousands. How many "doctors" does it take to put human skin on 100,000 man-sized "babies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Christiane54
                  The big question the fifth column AND any humans have not asked is, "where are all the little V's?" Those "infant" soldiers were man-sized.
                  Actually that's easy to answer.

The hybrid baby is just that--a hybrid between a Visitor and a human. HUMANS have babies. For all we know, the Visitors do not, but rather lay eggs that hatch when the creature inside them is full-grown. So that's why there are no little "Visitors' running around the ships. Ryan's conception with Val is unprecedented in many ways, including the size of the child.

This explains why Anna's children were full-grown upon arrival.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎