Candlelight (AU Luthor Clois fic)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love AU Luthor...ppms

Comment

I have no problem at all with rough. Actually, i like it he..he..
      Dark stories, usually, are the best ones, at least in my opinion.
      Bring it on Doc

Comment

Aw wow thanks so much to all you awesome readers!!! I didn't expect this many comments, and I'm grateful to you all! Replies first, and then I'll update for you tonight!!

Originally posted by LoLaKent
        Love it! Please continue.
        Thanks so much! I will, and hope you continue to enjoy!

Originally posted by AnneBoleyn
        I'm game!!! This sounds really interesting!
        Awesome!! I'm glad I didn't disappoint! Hope it keeps your interest.

Originally posted by techtweeter
        Hey Doc, great start! Looking forward to the next installment.
        Aw thanks! It's nice to see you in here. Next installment coming up soon!

Originally posted by FWvidchick
        OH love it..great start!!
        Aw thanks Jen! So glad you liked!

Originally posted by MrsWolverine
        Jenˇˇ You start a new fic and sounds really goodˇˇ I like dark stories and Luthor really was a interesting story to not explore anymore.
        I am ready for anything you want to give us
        Great Work and waiting for moreˇˇ
        Carmen!! I was hoping I'd see you in here! Thanks for the lovely comment hun, I'm glad you're into dark fics so you can join me for this one! Hope I don't disappoint!

Originally posted by TeamClois
        Jen...please keep this story coming & what's more is, I hope your muse continues to inspire you because I love Clark Luthor!!! And the way he kept his gaze on Lois just gave me goosebumps!

But what were Lois & Ollie thinking sending him to the Artic? Oh right, they don't know about the Fortress. Hmm...I can't wait to see what happens upon Clark's return. PPMS!!!
        Aw Betty thanks for joining! Ooh you're into Clark Luthor too huh? Good news, good news. And I agree with you, the Arctic could have been a dangerous move, but they sent him to the south not the north, so not anywhere near his fortress... still, I wouldn't count on him not getting back soon.

Originally posted by EmLouD
        Niice start
        Thank you!!

Originally posted by ebatcl
        A Clark Luthor story!!! Yay !!! CL is just sooooo gorgeous . Anyways, can't wait for more. I want to know what CL does next.
        Aw, I'm glad you're on board! I agree, CL is to die for! You write him exceptionally well too, I'm hooked on your Torn story. And look no further, you'll see what CL does next hopefully in a few short hours here.

Originally posted by Loulou26
        Yay Jen I was so hoping that we would see another fic from you. I simply adore your stories. I know you said this one is going to be dark and I say bring it on!! Clark Luthor is hot and you describe him just the way he was on the show. I love this so far, can't wait to see where you take it PPMS!!
        Laura!! Aw I'm glad you joined sweetie but to be honest, I didn't expect to see you here. I hope I don't scare you away with the next chapter. But if you can, hold on tight because this bumpy ride's going to be pretty hot! Thanks for all the support love and I hope you continue to read!!

Originally posted by joan Tyler
        Sounds Great can't wait,look made it rhyme
        Nice!! Well I for one really enjoyed that rhyme. I hope I can keep inspiring you to write back, maybe a sonnet next time? Thanks for the feedback!!

Originally posted by There Is No Spoon
        Great start Jen.

Definitely looking forward to reading more.

Post soon.
        Thanks Sherman! Glad to see you here.

Originally posted by Miray
        Good start PPMS!!!
        Thank you Miray!! That's quite a compliment, I've read some of your amazing stories.

Originally posted by Lane Kent
        Very interesting... Hope u update soon
        In a good way hopefully! Thanks so much- update coming tonight, hopefully!

Originally posted by doodie8808
        omg babe love this completely in love with this excellent start. also sorry about your hawks babe!
        Aw thanks for coming in here babe! Aw wow a compliment of the highest order- thank you! I hope I can keep you in love with it lol. And no problem, that wound's healed. That's the thing, we always have next year!

Originally posted by rindra453
        I Love AU Luthor...ppms
        So do I! And thank you! Retiring to write more now as we speak!

Originally posted by cathy14
        I have no problem at all with rough. Actually, i like it he..he..
        Dark stories, usually, are the best ones, at least in my opinion.
        Bring it on Doc
        That's good news! So do I! I'm very happy to hear it, I'm drawn to dark stories too. Thank you, I will bring it for you, soon!
        Last edited by Dr. Blade; 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Oooh...an updates coming tonight!!! An updates coming!!! Yay!!!

Comment

wow that was a great start ! I am totally hooked!

Comment

Hey, want to thank you all again for reading and leaving the wonderful feedback! Hope this update is fast enough for you.

Originally posted by TeamClois
              Oooh...an updates coming tonight!!! An updates coming!!! Yay!!!
              Awww Betty. My own personal cheer squad. I'm a lucky poster! Thanks for the rally, love.

Originally posted by MrsClarkKent27
              wow that was a great start ! I am totally hooked!

Ooh, awesome!! I'm glad! Thanks so much!

Two.

It had been exactly thirty-six days. Thirty-six days since Clark Luthor had become a shooting star outside of Watchtower. Thirty-six days since Lois had let herself wonder if there had ever been a future for her outside of Oliver.

Thirty-six days was a long time, and yet not long enough. It was long enough for some things though.

Long enough to plan a wedding and finish all the preparations.

Long enough to start dreaming of Clark Luthor, in ways she shouldn’t, when she was sleeping right next to Oliver.

He wasn’t Clark Kent in her dreams. But he did look at her in a different way than he had before. “I’m coming for you,” he said.

But most importantly, thirty-six days was long enough to worry about what would happen if Clark Luthor ever did get back from the icy tundra, and find his way back to them.

The last month had lulled Lois into a false sense of security, and that was exactly what it- false. She kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and as time passed, the unease grew into dread- the expectation that it would happen right when they wanted it the least.

She and Oliver had gone low-key for the last month while they hurried their wedding preparations along. They hadn’t moved out of Metropolis, but they had moved, and Oliver had stayed relatively off the grid; trying to attract as least amount of attention as possible.

Lois wasn’t sure what kind of person Clark Luthor was, physically speaking. When she had been on her way to Watchtower, she had been convinced he was Ultraman, and Oliver had been too, but now she wasn’t so sure. Just because Clark Kent had powers didn’t mean Clark Luthor did- Clark Kent was from a different universe, after all. And Clark Luthor had certainly not been using his powers in Watchtower that day, if he had any.

Still, it would have made a lot of sense. Why so many feared Ultraman. Two monsters turn out to be the same one. Which set her even more on edge.

If Clark Luthor was Ultraman, then he was telling the truth that it’d be easier to get out of Antarctica then they would have thought. And she knew Oliver was hoping that Luthor would either write them off or realize that they could give as much as they got, and ultimately leave them alone-

But Oliver was not the one who had been on the receiving end of that stare right before the shuttle launched.

When he came back… who knew what they would do. They had been too naďve in thinking that shipping him out of country would solve all their problems.

Lois turned over in bed, and let her gaze rest on Oliver. He was on his side, faced toward her, his eyes closed, his face still, calm. But not peaceful.

The moonlight slanted in for a moment, through the white blinds, illuminating shadows in their bed, and the garment on the chair in the corner of the room.

A beautiful wedding dress.

Lois stared at it, her mouth going dry.

Their wedding was the next day. Ten a.m., in the chapel they had both decided on. She wouldn’t have time to worry about it the next day, but she had time, tonight.

For some reason, her mind and heart were a blank when she tried to decide what she thought of it. Oliver was the best man she’d ever find, that was for certain. She couldn’t throw that away, no matter if an alternative universe was trying to throw a kink in her plans.

She turned over again and pulled the covers over her head.

It could have been anyone’s dream wedding. Standing in the back alcove, peering through the curtains, Lois took surprisingly objective-type stock of everything. The pews were lined with white bows. The train was scattered with rose petals.

Beautiful ice-white lights were strung over the walls, and up at the altar, there were two large bouquets of red roses, and white candles.

It was beautiful. She was lucky to have a wedding like this.

She repeated that line to herself, glancing back at the clock as the minute hand swung by much faster than she would have liked. The church was already full, and the talking was hushing to a few whispers here and there.

Nervousness rose up in her. She grabbed her bouquet tightly, as the music started to waft through the church.

It was time.

Lois took a deep breath and rounded the corner.

Everyone stood as she walked down the aisle, but her eyes couldn’t catch on any particular face. They blurred together; looks of pride and approval. She finally tore her eyes away and centered on Oliver.

He looked so good up there, in his black tux. Her heart swelled with pride for who he was, what she had accomplished. And she was lucky she was the one who had won his heart. She’d be safe now; they’d be together.

Even if they had nothing else, they’d always have each other.

Reassuring herself, she slowly walked up the steps, and took her place across from Oliver. She smiled at him.

He smiled back, slowly. A thought flashed through her mind, too quick for her to stop.

She had never seen him truly smile. Some part of him was damaged beyond repair. Even if she married him, she didn’t think she could ever heal it. Was it enough just to be there for him.

The priest started talking, and she felt herself drifting, glancing around the church.

A hand slid over hers, and she glanced over at Oliver. He smiled at her, but he looked sad, almost unsure.

“I love you,” he mouthed.

She smiled back, her hand tightening around hers.

“I love you too,” she mouthed back, and his smile widened. Relief broke in her, just for a moment. Important words sped by her, and she focused in on the priest again swiftly, hoping she hadn’t missed anything.

He turned to her.

“If you’d like to take out the rings?”

Lois nodded, and started to pull the string away from her bouquet, where she had kept her ring. She could see Oliver reaching into his pocket.

An ear-bursting slam made them both jump, and Lois heard her ring clatter to the ground, as she looked around wildly, ice shooting up her veins, trying to figure out what was going on.

Immediately her gaze centered on what was wrong, and she could see the church’s occupants turning around to look at the problem too.

The oak double doors of the church had been flung open wide; slammed against the walls, so hard there was a crack in the plaster.

Clark Luthor stood at the end of the aisle, his hands in the air, from where he had just flung them open. He was still in the suit and vest they had sent him to the Arctic in- one of his arms was bleeding generously; there was a huge rip on the side of his shirt.

But he was staring at them, smiling at them in a way that made her blood run cold. All she could do was stare, her bouquet falling from her fingers to hit the ground beside her.

After a moment, Clark straightened, his hands falling to his sides.

“Did I miss the I object part?” His voice sounded amused, but even worse, it had that cold sadistic edge to it, that she always heard. Too calm. Too in control.

He started to saunter down the aisle slowly, and the people in the pews- Lois’ and Oliver’s guests- remained silent, their eyes wide with fear, as he walked past them.

“Well.” Clark’s voice was silky soft. His eyes locked on Lois. “Better late than never.”

His gaze broke the hold on her, somehow. She picked up her ring quickly and turned to the priest.

“What are you waiting for?” she said angrily. “Finish it.”

“Uh…” The priest was looking at something beyond her. She heard heavy footsteps coming up the steps, taking their time. Her heart was pounding inside her, like a thick drum.

“Keep. Going,” she hissed. The priest finally looked at his book.

“Lois Lane, do you take this man-”

It happened too fast. First she was watching the priest, waiting for him to finish her vows, and then a shadow fell over them both. She turned to look and could feel the blood drain from her face as Clark grabbed the priest’s robes by both hands and hurled him hard down the steps, where he went unconscious.

“No,” she whispered.

“You son of a-” Oliver started toward Clark. Clark looked up swiftly, his eyes flashing.

“Oliver, no!” she screamed, diving forward, pushing him back. A large hand wrapped around her arm, yanking her back hard.

She flew back against Clark, imprisoned by his tight grip on her upper arm.

The room went silent. She could feel tears forcing their way past the corners of her eyes- hot and painful.

Oliver stared at both of them, only a few feet away, but it might as well have been miles.

After a moment, Clark spoke, and she could hear the triumphant smile in his voice, and it made her feel sick.

“Thanks,” he said coolly. She tried to pull away from him but he yanked her back roughly. “We’ll be sure to have some fun together.”

Oliver’s eyes went wide.

“NO!” he bellowed, starting for them. “Let her go-”

But Clark was too fast. He changed grip on Lois, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her into the crook of his arm, pinning her ruthlessly against his body so he could step forward, and slam his fist into Oliver’s head.

Oliver dropped the moment he caught the blow, his eyes fluttering closed.

“No! NO!” Lois’ shrieks ran through the church. She ripped herself brutally away from Clark and dropped to her knees. “Ollie? Oliver, wake up-!”

“You and I have some unfinished business,” said a cold voice behind her. She felt another tear hit her cheek before an impossibly big, and way too strong arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her up none too gently.

She tried to fight him, kicking savagely, but he just wrapped her gown around her legs tightly, and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her out of the church as calmly as if he had been carrying a sack of flour.

The ride wasn’t long. She was surprised he hadn’t knocked her out, but then she thought that he just wanted her to soak in the fear as much as she would. As soon as they were out of the church, he had thrown her in the trunk of a car and closed it on her.

It was only a moment later that the engine puttered beneath her, and she could feel them moving.

Her voice was already hoarse by the time she took a moment to figure things out. She stared at the black roof of the trunk, trying not to inhale more fear than she had to. Would she have to kill him this time? If that was the only way to protect herself? Could she? What did he want with her?

After several minutes, the engine turned off, and she could hear his door open and shut. The trunk popped open, and she flung herself out, trying to get to level ground, so she could run.

He caught her easily, pinning her arms behind her back with one hand, and tossing her back up on his shoulder, before shutting the trunk and starting for a building.

The elevator ride up was much too short- not enough time to think of an escape plan- a contingency plan- anything. What could she use as weapons? She didn’t even know where they were going.

Was Oliver all right? Would she be all right? If Clark was going to kill her, why didn’t he do it in front of Oliver?

Abruptly, she was thrown down, and she braced herself for impact, before she realized she was on a soft, cushiony bed.

Swiftly, Lois sat up on her elbows, looking around her, searching for any windows or weapons.

They were in a honeymoon suite- the suite that Oliver had rented for them months ahead of time- where they were going to spend that night, after they had gotten married.

Clark Luthor had a sick sense of humor.

Slowly, she looked up to him, not trying to disguise the rage she was feeling.

He looked down at her, with a satisfied look, still smiling that twisted half-smirk, that let her know she was right where he wanted her.

She had to one-up him. She had to let him know that just because he had kidnapped her, didn’t mean he got the better of her.

Slowly, Lois let a provoking smile spread across her face.

“How was Igloo town?” she asked, her voice soft.

Clark cocked his head slightly, and the steely light in his eyes made her take a sharp gasp of fear. He pointed his finger at her slowly.

“You are in no position to be taking risks,” he said, his voice as soft as hers was, and infinitely more dangerous. “When your honeymoon just turned into. My honeymoon.”

Her breath caught, ice spears hitting her chest painfully.

“Over my dead body,” she snapped, when she could speak again.

“Don’t tempt me.” He twisted the ring on his little finger. “Though I have to say you’re a little overdressed for the occasion.”

“Let me go.” Her voice was shaking now. “You owe me.”

“Owe you?” He let out a little bark of rough laughter, and she averted her eyes, glancing out the windows for escape, but they were at the top of a high rise. “For what? Stranding me in a barren wasteland. Yes, I have a lot to thank you for.” He shrugged off his vest.

She rose onto her knees, clenching her fists.

“Come on then,” she whispered. “Let’s see which one of us comes out the better.”

“Fiery.” He smiled cruelly. “I like that.”

“Hope you still like it when you’re swallowing your own teeth!” She grabbed a champagne bottle and swung it at him, like she was a pro baseball player.

He dodged it far too easily and grabbed her by the arm, pushing her down, maneuvering over her.

Lois’ breath caught when he moved over her, his face so close to hers, his hands on her arms, pinning her down beneath him, and for a moment, she saw different eyes.

Kent eyes.

But that was her mistake, and she’d never see them again. She was letting herself get hurt by still hoping that she’d see the possibility of love in eyes that could have been beautiful.

Clark Luthor was staring at her too, in a way that she couldn’t read. His eyes slipped over her face, to her lips, before fastening on her eyes again. He frowned slightly.

She felt crushed, not just underneath his weight, but by the weight of the injustice of it all.

“You’ll never be him,” she said.

Clark’s eyes snapped up to hers. She went cold by the fire in his eyes, and he glared- none of his usual cocky smile.

He lifted himself just enough so he could turn her over, and his fist caught hold of the catches on her dress.

“You will- bow to me-” he hissed, ripping her dress off. Her breath was torn away, as it caught on her body for a moment, before her once-beautiful wedding dress fell to the ground, ripped into pieces.

She was left in her chemise and stockings, underneath Clark Luthor, as he pulled her hands up and started tying her wrists to the headboard with his vest,

Lois bucked as hard as she could, trying to throw her elbow back into his face, struggling hard.

“Come on, you coward!” she screamed, angry tears hitting her eyes. “Do it!! Face me like a man!!” She ripped at the vest holding her hands up but it was too tight.

After a moment, a heavy hand hit her waist and pushed her down heavily, and she was flattened into the mattress, underneath Clark’s weight.

There was a long moment of silence, and she could hear her breath, and Clark’s. Finally, she could feel him lean down, and then he was pressing his face in her hair, and she could feel him breathing in deeply.

She went still, suddenly more scared than she had been a few moments before.

“One day soon, we’ll be in this position again,” he murmured, his words tickling her ear. “And it will have a different outcome.” There was a moment of quiet.

And then, he was lifting himself off her, and standing up.

Lois turned to look back over her shoulder, shocked.

Clark grabbed the basket of fruit off the end table silently and turned to look at her. She could see anger in his eyes- maybe just as much at himself as her.

“Tell Oliver he can keep the vest,” he said flippantly, before he turned, opened the door, and was gone, shutting it securely behind him.

Lois stared at the door after he was gone, her mouth open, unable to even form a coherent thought.

He had let her go? Just like that? Several moments ago, she was sure she was going to be a rape victim. And then he had pulled that strange act and smelled her hair… and…

He had let her go.

He had let her go. Why? Another woman, another place maybe- she was sure the outcome would have been different. And it was true, maybe his only intent there was to scare them both- to send Oliver a message that he could hit him hardest, any place, any time.

But still. It felt wrong. She turned back to the vest holding her wrists to the headboard and started to pull at it, biting her lip.

She was going to be here for a while.

Hope I have some readers out there who are still enjoying!
              Last edited by Dr. Blade; 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Awesome update Jen.

Curious to find out what Clark Luthor has planned. Looking forward to finding out.

Post soon.

Comment

Awesome babe that was soooooooooooooooo intense and seriously hot! I loved it that was amazing indeed.

Comment

Wow, very complex and convoluted is this Clark Luthor. This is quite dark and am at a loss to figure out how any of this might have a final and peaceful resolution without one or more of the main characters being permanently scarred. I'm a Clois fan but feel quite a bit of empathy for this AU Oliver right now and am quite worried how this story will end up for him.

You've got me hooked Doc, you're right it is dark but I'm staying with it and want to see this through to the end but it does have me worried. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Wow!!!! That was so intense! What a bastard Clark Luthor is. But he stopped pretty quick when he smelled her air. I am so intrigued by this story!

Comment

Well that was definitely intense, but I'm curious as to why you thought I wouldn't be here for this Jen? I love it so far and even though it is dark, I love dark fics. Clark Luthor is definitely hot but dangerous, and though it might be very wrong, I actually got a teeny tiny little kick out of reading the part where he carried her out of the church over his shoulder. lol.

But don't worry, I'll stick this out because I love your writing Jen, so bring it on!!

Comment

Totally loved it . Can't wait for more!!!

Comment

Still loving it! Keep up the great work!

Comment

I'm hooked! Will you be updating often? Can't wait for more.

Comment

OMG that was soooo good
                                I swear, for a moment i thought he'd kiss her and she'd surrender he..he.. But, i think he's playing her jsut right. Now she'll think about him all the time trying to understand his actions. Way to go Luthor!!!

“One day soon, we’ll be in this position again,” he murmured, his words tickling her ear. “And it will have a different outcome.” There was a moment of quiet.
                                Can't wait to see that moment

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎