Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Huh, it must mean that it's got parts of "My heart will go on" in it because we plainly see some of "Frontierland" in it as well.

Though this wouldn't be the first time the CW had fallen down on the job/gotten things wrong so...

Not much new stuff, but though I'd share anyway. From the Paley Fest:

Before the panel, the audience was treated to a sneak preview of the upcoming Western episode. Castiel (Misha Collins) sends Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) back to Sunrise, Wyoming circa 1861 to find the colt and a creature named Phoenix. Dean is all too happy to put on a cowboy hat and poncho — or a “blanket,” as Cas calls it – and start exploring the saloons. But Sam being Sam steps into poo, which is “authenticity,” according to Dean. And yes, there’s a shootout.

If they have to find the Colt, I hope we get some continuity in the sense that they bring the Colt back to the past or something. Perhaps....after they use the Colt, they give it to Elkins?

And...gotta love the opening credits for the episode, haha.

Winchesters Gone Wild! | Jensen Ackles got his cowboy on when Supernatural transported Dean and Sam to the Old West for an upcoming episode. “The guys find a formula to battle Eve, the mother of all monsters, but the problem is the only record of this formula ever existing happened over a 100 years ago,” Ackles previews. “So they call upon their angel friends to give them a time-travel experience.” The excursion fit like a glove, says Ackles, who like Dean is wild about Westerns. “I sent a picture to my father [from this episode], and he wrote back, ‘You’ve been rehearsing this scene since you were six.’” Hopefully he rehearsed it well, because Supernatural pulled out all the stops. “I get to have, like, a high noon shootout, we get to see a hanging…,” says Ackles. “We packed a lot into a 42-minute episode. It’s really good.”
    A formula? Hrm...somehow this Phoenix creature will be involved.

I was watching season 1 ep "Dead Man's Blood" again this evening. When John was telling the legend of the colt, he said Samuel Colt made it for a man/hunter on horseback. I'm assuming from one of the quick scenes in the trailer, that Samuel made the colt for Sam. I wonder if they had at one time planned to do a Frontier ep before season 6, or if that just fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Song View Post
    I was watching season 1 ep "Dead Man's Blood" again this evening. When John was telling the legend of the colt, he said Samuel Colt made it for a man/hunter on horseback. I'm assuming from one of the quick scenes in the trailer, that Samuel made the colt for Sam. I wonder if they had at one time planned to do a Frontier ep before season 6, or if that just fit.
    Although it would be pretty epic for them to have gone full circle, there's no way Samuel Colt made the gun for Sam, as Colt made the gun in 1835 and Sam and Dean are sent to 1861.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    the formula quote has fandom buzzing on what it could mean. Many seem to think that it's going to be formula for making the Colt able to kill things, that can be translated to other weaponry perhaps. That way the boys can take out the Mother without having to bring the Colt back to their time (which was always going to cause a bit of a time paradox).

What about the present day colt? Why would they have to go to the 1800s to find out what the formula is for making the colt, if they already have it?

I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions at the moment. We're not quite sure that they are going to 1861 to get the Colt(which, would definitely create a paradox unless we are given another time travel episode where they take the Colt back). For all we know, they could only be getting something extra FOR the Colt that perhaps Samuel had with him when he died(which would explain for Sam and Dean to go back in time one year before Samuel's death), or perhaps they need to use THAT version of the Colt to subdue this Phoenix creature and bring that back to present time(since it does seem that maybe the original thirteen bullets were much more powerful).

And, also, the Colt was given new bullets only because Ruby and Crowley made them, for all we know maybe Ruby never told Bobby the secret into making the new bullets. That could be another possibility(that they go back in time to "enrich" the bullets).
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.

This should, kinda, confirm that the Colt isn't the "forumula", imo, but just something that Samuel Colt created, or was a part of the creation, of whatever can kill Eve. I still say, even though Colt is a part of it, that Phoenix creature has something to do with it as well. Perhaps Sam and Dean need to find that creature before it ends its 100-year cycle(which is directly involved in the mythology of the Phoenix, or, perhaps the lfe cycle is 1,000 years in SPN's lore, which would make sense why Castiel doesn't take them to 1961 instead, haha).

New In Town
    Perhaps the Colt can kill Fate. Cas told them in My Heart Will Go On that they have to kill her. If they can kill Fate then there is no destiny and Team Freedom wins.

Team Free Will already won back in "Swan Song".

Now, IF the Colt is used in "My Heart Will Go On", then at least we know there won't be some paradox involving the boys getting the Colt in 1861 to bringing it back to 2012.
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-02-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Nice, thanks man!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast