Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I thought Castiel would be in this episode, but all I've heard about is Rachel being in the episode.

But, anywho, Scott Hylands is supposedly playing a character named Judge Mortimer.

Looks like Castiel is in this episode! Guy Bee posted this picture:

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    in an interesting twist it looks like this Western motif might get some people who normally don't watch the show to watch it. I've spoken to several fans and they've mentioned that the show is doing a "Western" and family members who couldn't care less about the show (usually male ones) have said it might be worth tuning in for. We'll have to see if the ratings jump for this one....?

April Telek will only be playing in one episode and it's this one as a girl named Darla.

She has re-posted before on her Twitter that it was her mistake when she said she'd be appearing in this episode as well as "My Heart Will Go On".

So, we know some other girl has been tapped to play Rachel, but TVGuide has stated that it'll be in episode nineteen, so I am stumped on when Rachel will even show up, lol.

I'll spread a little Supernatural news before I have to leave, lol.

Sam Hennings will be playing Samuel Colt in this episode.

Samuel Colt has been cast!
    I have no idea who this guy is but he looks pretty good.

whoops, just saw that you had already posted the news, Anno. But I'll leave the link up cause it has the pic of him as well.

See, I'm not too sure on the "what to link and what not to link" on these forums so far, so I'm glad you posted the link with a pic.

He might do the part justice, although I was hoping for someone to actually look like Samuel Colt.

Nice, Sam Hennings will definitely do the part justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    See, I'm not too sure on the "what to link and what not to link" on these forums so far, so I'm glad you posted the link with a pic.
    Yeah, sometimes I'm not sure either (have had to ask mods a few times so I know that the Ausiello links are ok).

That's why I just copy and paste mostly, lol. Usually people would know where it's from, just because I don't want to get banned or anything...there isn't really any other place to talk about Supernatural amongst other fans.

'Supernatural': Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles talk cowboying up in the old west

Yee-haw! In an upcoming episode of "Supernatural," the Winchester boys will be trading in their trusty Impala for a new kind of transportation: Horses.

Zap2it was on the scene at Creation Entertainment's Salute to "Supernatural" Event in Los Angeles to catch up with stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. The guys confirmed that when the Winchesters travel back in time to the Old West for an upcoming episode, tentatively titled "Trail of the Dead", there will be horseback riding.

We'll also see the Winchesters ditch their usual cargo jackets and jeans in favor of some classic Old West garb. Ackles notes that Dean's duster was custom-made out of Australian oilcloth. "It will be coming home with me," he says firmly. Both Winchesters will also be wearing Stetson cowboy hats.

Director Guy Norman Bee went for a very realistic portrayal of the Old West -- Ackles calls it a "gritty, yellow-toothed" vision of the time. Bee describes it as "a time when men were men and demons were nervous."

Ackles says that shooting the episode fulfilled a bit of a childhood dream for himself and Padalecki. "The western episode was one of those 'woo-hoo' moments," Ackles laughs. "It's kind of every little boy's dream to do a showdown, and we got to do that."

The episode provides a particularly memorable acting opportunity for Padalecki. He tells us that he has a six-page scene with "Memphis Beat" star Sam Hennings, who plays legendary gunmaker Samuel Colt. His name has been invoked throughout the series as one of the most influential hunters in American History, so when the Winchesters get the chance to travel back in time, they take advantage of the opportunity to meet the man who shaped their destinies.

Padalecki says that over the last few seasons, it's a scene that stands out as a favorite. "I was really happy with the scene," he says. "I hope you guys like it. I was really proud of the work. It's an awesome episode."

When Castiel sends Sam and Dean back in time, they get caught up hunting the ghost of Elias Finch (guest star Matthew John Armstrong), a man hung for a crime he didn't commit. Ackles says that Armstrong gave such a powerful performance that Ackles felt like he was just a fan of the show, observing the scenes.

"In the [Western episode] when the sheriff's there in a jail cell scene, I caught myself just watching Matt," Ackles says. "He had this long monologue and did a really good job, and I just got caught up in watching him work, and then realized that it was my line... I enjoy watching these performances, I enjoy seeing the writing come to life. It's very gratifying for me to be able to be a part of that."

When things come to a head in a classic Western showdown scene, Ackles had to make a few sacrifices for his craft, he explains, showing us a still-healing scar on his hand.

In the scene, Dean pulls the Winchesters' famous Colt out of his holster and makes a bit of a show of it. "It's the Colt, right, and we built that thing, so it's not like a precise, machined, beautiful thing," Ackles explains. "It's rough and rigid and doesn't always work properly. It was very hard, and I had to slam the hammer back to shoot the thing and I ripped my palm right open. The great part about it is, it's TV, so we've got to go again and again."

Padalecki, never one to miss an opportunity for some good-natured ribbing, begins squeaking, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" and imitating Ackles' struggle with the gun.

"Now I'm just ripping skin off the palm of my hand," Ackles continues. He shows off the wound, delighted. "Our Western adviser guy was like, 'You've got to earn gunfighters' hands, and you have, my friend!' So I'll wear it with pride."
    Last edited by Krypto_marcus; 02-14-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks for posting, Marcus! That was a pretty interesting interview. The guys are pretty glad and sure is excited for this episode! Let's hope it's a good one!

A conversation with Samuel Colt...wonder if it would be about Purgatory or something from the earlier seasons?

Sam: "Hey, Sam...yah...anywho...why did you only cover one Devil's Gate?"

Samuel: "What do you mean?"

Sam: "Well, there's one in New Jersey."

Samuel: "Oh, well...God told me not to worry about Jersey; no one important goes there."

chrliesangel (via Twitter): Supernatural, please.
    Sam and Dean hafta go to the Wild West to track down a weapon (the Colt, yes?) that could kill that Mother of All be-yatch.

This is gonna be my favorite episode of all time for Supernatural, I absolutley love westerns.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast