Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringer (The CW) - starring Sarah Michelle Gellar

"Buffy" is returning to TV!

Thoughts?

Definitely watch this but then SMG could make a burger commercial and I'd buy the DVD

Comment

I hope this get pick up

Comment

So in the series she'll play both roles. Another crime drama; no surprise there. I was hoping that we see a supernatural series since CBS cancelled both of their only sci-fi dramas.

Comment

Sounds like it could be good. Definitely different and I like that.

Comment

I hope it gets picked up. I'm excited to see her back on TV.

Comment

SMG is back!! Yay! I'm really excited to see her back on TV. It's been awhile. I'm not really interested in mob shows, but I'll check it out just for Sarah. The twin thing is kind of interesting.

Comment

I'm in the middle of the road with this news i'm a big fan of SMG and watched her for 7 years as Buffy. But the description of the show just doesn't sound interesting if it's set in modern times. I doubt it would make any sense didn't mobsters die out several decades ago?

Also the show would have to center on something else besides the mob, otherwise the show would get dull fast. I don't know I got a gut feeling this won't get picked up as a series.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                  I'm in the middle of the road with this news i'm a big fan of SMG and watched her for 7 years as Buffy. But the description of the show just doesn't sound interesting if it's set in modern times. I doubt it would make any sense didn't mobsters die out several decades ago?

Also the show would have to center on something else besides the mob, otherwise the show would get dull fast. I don't know I got a gut feeling this won't get picked up as a series.
                  I agree about the description, but I really think it will be picked up with SMG's name attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89

Actually, organized crime (i.e. the Mafia) still exists. Though, I question the concept, that Sarah Michelle's character, assumes the identity of her own twin sister, to hide from criminals. As friends and family is the first place, they'd look for her.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      So in the series she'll play both roles. Another crime drama; no surprise there. I was hoping that we see a supernatural series since CBS cancelled both of their only sci-fi dramas.
                      I imagine that after so long as Buffy she wants to try something new rather than another supernatural series. If you look at the choices the Scoobs have made since (Six Feet Under, Southland Tales, Eurotrip, Private Practice, HIMYM etc) they seem to have deliberately tried to distance themselves from typecasting

Comment

*Fanboy faint* FINALLY she's back! Seems like her genre too! I am pumped.

Comment

The upside is we get to see twice the number of hairstyles and outfits.
                          And that may be the extent of the upside.
                          Are the sunnyvale alumni picking these obscure roles to avoid typecasting? Or because that's all they can get? All I know about HIMYM is I tried really hard to watch it on several occasions. The witch was sooooooooooo much funnier before CBS got ahold of her and put her in a comedy. This Gellar thing has that similar feel to it, as if some exec heard the idea and said, "Huh, so it's a situational comedy presented as a drama and it's funny because there's the constant threat of death hanging over the girl. You know who used to pull that off every week? BuffBuff! This'll be great!" Then when they actually make the show in reality it comes off as Parent Trap: The Series and it falls flat. Hope not. I'd like to see her with another hit. But this smells like a paycheck and not a lasting vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
                            The upside is we get to see twice the number of hairstyles and outfits.
                            And that may be the extent of the upside.
                            Are the sunnyvale alumni picking these obscure roles to avoid typecasting? Or because that's all they can get? All I know about HIMYM is I tried really hard to watch it on several occasions. The witch was sooooooooooo much funnier before CBS got ahold of her and put her in a comedy. This Gellar thing has that similar feel to it, as if some exec heard the idea and said, "Huh, so it's a situational comedy presented as a drama and it's funny because there's the constant threat of death hanging over the girl. You know who used to pull that off every week? BuffBuff! This'll be great!" Then when they actually make the show in reality it comes off as Parent Trap: The Series and it falls flat. Hope not. I'd like to see her with another hit. But this smells like a paycheck and not a lasting vehicle.
                            I'll wait and see the series then pass judgement. As for the Scoobs when you see Nic Brendon as a rapist on Private Practice or Michelle Tractenberg as a swearing diva pop princess on Six Foot Under you can't help but think these roles are a world away from Buffy?

Comment

The Internet buzzed a few weeks back when news came out that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be returning to television with a new CBS pilot titled Ringer which, if all goes well, could be hitting our TV screens this Fall. Thanks to Entertainment Weekly, we now know more details.

New info on the Ringer...

TV Guide's William Keck has uncovered a whole lot more about Sarah Michelle Gellar's new TV project for CBS.
                              Last edited by Sugar; 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎