No announcement yet.

What will happen v.s. what could happen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen v.s. what could happen

Hmm.. I'm about to rewatch this episode - while I love it, there's something nagging at me about it - I've always felt alittle weird about Clark meeting his future self. I think I finally realized what bothers me so much about it: I feel like Clark should be able to make the transition to Superman without knowing that it's a sure thing. And while some will argue that, "well, Braniac said as long as he keeps on the right path.." (which implies that things aren't set in stone etc etc) then Superman is who he'd eventually become...but I feel like instead of seeing himself as who he will become, maybe he should have seen who he could become if he lets the darkness, or his doubts in general, take control over him. I guess you could also argue that the episode 'Luthor' later in the season takes care of this somewhat - showing what an evil Clark could be - but I still just think that Clark should be able to make that leap of faith and become Superman without knowing before hand that it's pretty much in the bag - because in real life, we all have to become the people we're meant to be without any foresight what so ever, I feel Clark should be no exception in this... But then I could just be splitting hairs. Feel free to express your opinions on the matter, I'm going to rewatch this episode either tonight or tomorrow.

I think things can change but now drastic because clark has not really step of the path from being supes and thats what he wants because thats who he wants to be. Destiny only goes so far at the end of the day its up to you to decide if that is what you want.

Comment

I watched the episode again last night and I have to say that I'm actually pretty happy with it..don't think I would change anything

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎