No announcement yet.

Speculation: Joshua still remembers everything

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Joshua still remembers everything

That conversation between Joshua and Lisa in Red Rain. That look in Joshua's eye. He says he doesn't remember anything. But does he really remember?

I think he does. Maybe he knew they would wipe his memory and he made plans to hide it or store it somewhere (it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you can bring people back from the dead - Anna will resurrect you and try to pry secrets from your memory)

I just get the feeling that, at some later date, the audience will discover that 'old' joshua is still very much alive and that no, he didnt forget everything like we're currently led to believe.

The question then is: Why's he pretending now? The easy answer: He's using his new status (where Anna believes he is clean and trustworthy) to get back into a position where he can carry out his plans later. When the time is right, he can return to his true intentions - aiding the fifth column.

Thoughts? Wouldnt it make for a cool twist down the track if this were true? When Joshua looked at lisa and said he didnt remember, did you really believe him?

I didn't!

I certainly hope so Tyrian. Without him, Lisa is pretty much on her own in terms of ship-based 5th Column activity. Because I'm pretty sure the others were rounded up and skinned after Chad Decker sold them out in "Red Sky".

Comment

Haven't seen the ep but I couldn't resist popping in here as I love Joshua's character.

Because he was fifth column before won't he become one again just because that's who he is?

Comment

Wow that's a great speculation! I had the same suspect when Lisa went away and his stare was ambiguos! (in my opinion..)

Can you help me please? I didn't understand all of what I've heard, did Anna say something like "we have Joshua who will talk and will tell us information we want"?

Comment

Remember we still don't even know why they brought Joshua back at all instead of skinning him like they do with all the other traitors. I'm sure there's a reason that will be interesting..... there's got to be something deeper there I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastmaster
            Remember we still don't even know why they brought Joshua back at all instead of skinning him like they do with all the other traitors. I'm sure there's a reason that will be interesting..... there's got to be something deeper there I think.
            Anna said "the betrayer will be able to talk", I think that's enough, a good reason to revive him.

The very weird thing is that Joshua remembers well who he is and who is Lisa... Dale didn't remember so much about himself and his job instead... so it could be like the title of this topic says that he remembers everything (:
            Last edited by DarkestClouds; 01-07-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Doubtful. Among all the fantastic technology at the V's disposal is surely some kind of lie detection. If you can bring a guy back from the dead you have to at least have that as well.

I suspect one of two possibilities:

1) It may or may not be the original Joshua, but Anna announces him as such to lure out the 5C sympathizers.

2) Marcus erased his memories for is own agenda.

Comment

But he was not dead, he was wounded...

Comment

This would be big. Something like a Lionel Luthor thing. Act blind/no memory until something real bad happens, then just snap back into it.

Originally posted by DarkestClouds
                  But he was not dead, he was wounded...
                  I think he was dead :P

Comment

A pragmatic explanation would be that Anna's eggs were destroyed after they caught up all the 5th Columns who got Samuel's email. They think there's someone who helped him but don't know who, someone they think got access to Anna's chamber thus a dangerous 5th Column.

Dale's been hit to the head, which make his amnesia "logic" but Joshua's been shot in the ribs. So IMHO his amnesia is artificial. An explanation I think that 5th Column are prone to self-sacrifice (David, the guy in Sydney's ship) and Marcus wants Joshua to be cooperative and made him unable to access part of his memories until interrogation.

Comment

After rewatching Serpent's tooth I think he remembers. This amnesia is far too weird: he lose his memories being 5th Column but remember being shot by Erica ?!

Comment

me personally i think The memory loss is real. I don't get why he would've lied to Lisa when he woke up if Lisa thought they were secure enough to talk. It seemed unnecessary. And the way he was talking about his dedication to the cause of eliminating emotion, it just sounded too V-like for him to be faking

His mind is damaged, but in time it will heal and he'll remember more.

Comment

He will remember...

Its a good old cliche, he pretends, that he's lost his memories to maintain his place on Anna's side (what else could he do? if he reveals himself they will torture him to death for the informations) He will show himself again when it's necessary.

Or he really has lost his memories, but eventually they will return i'm sure of it.

They just can't let this kinda good turn go to waste

Comment

The whole problem lies with if you die and come back is there something with the process the V's use where you lose all short-term memory. We all know it happened with Erica's partner when he was brought back, he couldn't remember anything short-term.

Comment

I think any speculation over Joshua still remembering can be put to rest now don't you?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎