No announcement yet.

What would it take for a season 3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's All...

you really can do. And, yah, around 25,000 or so homes have Nielsen boxes. Supposedly, Nielsen spreads them out, covers the demographics, all that. And those homes are supposed to represent the viewing habits of 115 million or so homes.

Comment

There is no way on this earth that V will have a full season. right now at best V will be renewed with another 10 episode arc to wrap everything up.. I have my fingers crossed that ABC will pick it up for 1 more go but I have to be frank it looks bleak.

Comment

Sweetapple, I would even guess it will come back for 5 episodes and that will be a wrap! I mean, just how much can they drag a story like this on for? When Season 3 starts it will be war!

Comment

Originally posted by Caesis
          Woahwoah, writing is fine. If anything, it's directed a bit abnormally, but the issue isn't as much the show as much as it is it's genre. Scifi is a dying breed on network TV, and consumers these days are picky about their scifi shows.
          I guess we have different standards then. I think the writing on this show is really really bad. Every episode is filled with huge plotholes. Lots of storylines and plot elements suddenly get dropped with no resolution. Plot details are getting changed from 1 episode to the next. The characters remain severely underdeveloped because the writers either don't focus enough on them or if they do, they simply give us lots and lots of repetition. The characters don't talk like real people. Most of the time they're spouting exposition etc.
          Last edited by shadow08; 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I'm going to take this thing in a positive direction temporarily and say
            that ALL of the actors/actresses chosen for main roles as well as back-up
            roles throughout the show have been spectacular. It would be a pity for
            them to be blamed for half-fast writing. Some kind of ending (other than
            just a cliffhanger) for this thing would be best.
            Last edited by Glove; 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I'm only just catching the show and haven't wathed it when it actually "airs", I've enjoyed it. If its bleak for ABC to give a 3rd season I'd be upset. The total amount of episodes this show will end up with is equal to the average season episode order of a full season of a regular tv series. If it gets a 3rd season it'd be no longer then another 10-13 episodes as ABC has been very cheap and cost concious with this sci-fi show. The 3rd season would make it run no longer than the original Battlestar Galactica show, which is a 34 episode re-runs when it adds the hideous follow up series Galactica 1980.
              No longer than Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. The magic number for re run syndication is 66 episodes. V could end up with half this if theres a season 3. I hope there is.

Comment

It Was Never An Intention...

for the show to have a full season. Even before it premiered, they talked about it running in spurts, not full seasons, to make it more of an "event." Perhaps not the best plan in terms of the ratings, though.

Comment

Sometimes I think the writing is bad, such as when erica says "I want to go to hong kong!" or when Anna says "now that i've decapitated the fifth collumn, we can begin our plans for world domination"
                  but then I watch episodes like Mother's Day and I realize how awesome the writers are.

Comment

V would have a lot more viewers if they would just get on with the storylines and stop dragging everything out. We love V here in the UK but it just seems to go on forever without any REAL action.

Now we are left with even more cliffhangers so if ABC decide not to do a series 3 then all those previous episodes were a waste of time

Comment

I don't think the writing is bad or the acting is bad. I feel the actors and writers were hurried becuse abc cut three episodes out of the season. I always thought the second season of V was much better, it was fun, and campy. I also feel the actors and writers sometimes were making fun of the show. The interviews that I have read the actors said they had fun with series. I really believe ABC will renew fo a third season.

Comment

From what I've seen V didn't make it past Season 2 because its premise was so ridiculous. I'm all for shining a cynical light, but the show doesn't make any positive points about humanity, whatsoever. The human religions seem to exist as slaves to their own dogma and never say anything that would justify their existence. As much focus as there is on religion, the concept of spirituality is never mentioned. The V's are harvesting human DNA but do it with tortuous Fransenstinean practices when all they need is a little blood. And while I can understand having the hots for Laura Vandervoort, Tyler is absurdly blind to how the V's are manipulating him. Is love ever really that blind?
                        No. Hit shows are like Hit songs. For a show to have longevity it needs a premise and storyline compelling enough that it sticks in your head and causes you to imagine where it might go next. It also doesn't hurt to have strong characters and cast and great music. For examples see Smallville, Chuck, X-Files, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Xena Warrior Princess.
                        For me, the final nail in the coffin the V Season 2 was its argument revolving around the human soul, that it was a thing that could be identified and quantified and was exclusive to humanity. A very xenophobic idea, but the entire show is about xenophobia, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎