Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a season 3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if the show is sold to other countries for a good amount of money then this also has an unseen affect of the renewal.

Also DVD sales in both the US and overseas (UK, Europe etc).

Nice to hear that they are advertising the show with a good budget.

Maybe abc need to (or have already) adopted a new attitude to the ratings system where they look beyond the revenue from advertisments during the breaks... It's important that the show makes money LONG TERM - and I think that the "V" brand can do this for them... I think they know this, so reduced the season to 10 episodes to make it cheaper - but a DVD/BluRay still sells despite the number of episodes.

I dont think a miracle is needed - just for abc to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Comment

The show is doomed. ABC don't run sci-fi shows long and I hate them for it. Alot of good shows have came to a end cause of ABC network. If its not ten mil viewers they ax it. Wish shows like v eastwick happy town the gates. Would got picked up by CW.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Comment

You know, and I may be the odd one out, but I wouldn't mind 10-12 episode seasons. It works for Dexter and True Blood. I'd rather have 10-12 very well written, action packed eps, then 22 with fillers. So for me, I'd rather see it get to a season 3, and as long as it has 10-12/13, I'll be happy.

Comment

I agree that this show would be better with a 13-16 ep season. It would do better than having it drawn out in 22 episodes. And I think ABC will not give it 22 Episodes because of the price (ie FF). What will ensure a season 3 with this show is 6-8 million an episode with 2.0 and better in the demos. Most importantly consistency in its ratings, V might not win Tuesday night but it is still the strongest show on ABC that night so that is also a positive for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
            A miracle IMO.
            Im with you now, I was on here before talking to you months ago and now im with you, I must give you some credit, Elizabeth Mitchell is a great actress I can see her doing movies, I have seen the episodes over and over so much I really like her, this show is crap the writing is crap ABC has no clue what the hell they are doing other than taking this show and flushing it down the toliet. So the answer is damn str8 A MIRACLE

Comment

I don't think it's fair to blame ABC for the bad writing of this show. If anyone's to blame it's the producers and writers. I think if V had been written and produced by the people who are working on Fringe or those who remade Battlestar Galactica it could have been a truly fantastic series.

Comment

I am not giving up on this show. This show wonderfully acted, and I actually enjoy the CGI and the whole concept of what the series is about and all the drama and politics involved. The show can never top the original, but I am very happy with the direction this series has taken. I applaud Warner Bros and also ABC for bringing us a remake of a sci fi cult classic.
                The story is well written and yes there are some unfinished plots, I blame this on the lack of episodes (yes ABC is to blame here) but the writers had to cut back a few szenes here and there. (Thought maybe when the Blu Ray for Season 2 is released we will see many many deleted szenes)
                I believe there is still a good chance 'V' gets signed for a third season.V started of strong with a good 2.0 average, the show has had a couple of drops and then an increase. But hey it happens. Yes V is on the bubble, but its still got a good chance of survival. If not a third season, maybe a Final Battle Mini Series event!
                Then if ABC does the mistake of cancelling it and leave us hanging (worst case szenario), then we need to hope SciFi or the CW or a cable network picks it up. If not we must start a campaign and louder and crazier than the Jericho campaign. Sending Lizards to ABC If our voices need to be heard then so be it!
                But lets hope ABC makes the right decision. It would be a shame seing Marc return in the S2 finale, having had no screen time with Diana and so many unanswered questions.
                Keep up any promos your doing with Twitter, Facebook etc.... word of mouth? Lets keep the ratings up and hope more people tune in
                Stay positive people!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
                  I don't think it's fair to blame ABC for the bad writing of this show. If anyone's to blame it's the producers and writers. I think if V had been written and produced by the people who are working on Fringe or those who remade Battlestar Galactica it could have been a truly fantastic series.
                  Woahwoah, writing is fine. If anything, it's directed a bit abnormally, but the issue isn't as much the show as much as it is it's genre. Scifi is a dying breed on network TV, and consumers these days are picky about their scifi shows.

To get a season two, at this point, I'd say an 18-49 rating of 2.0+ and ABC's other shows to fail. Last episode had something like a 1.8 final, soyeah.

Comment

V is better written than in season 1, and less darker than BSG 2003 (whose ending was vervy very bad). Still a smart and fun show to watch, I'm still addicted. As long as V stays number 1 all tuesdays at 9pm on the 18-49 share, it still have a chance, NOF is already dead so I don't understand why ABC is still putting it at 8pm (very bad lead in for V). But if V stays over 5 million viewers and even more, V can still have a third season. No matter what some people say, V has its audience. And Paul Lee seems satisfied by ratings of the season premiere and he added "this lizards just won't die". "they keep coming back" (quotes from TCA Winter Press Tour 2011)

Comment

Keep spreading the word.

I drove a field trip and discussed V with some of my passengers.
                      Yes, we tried to convert each other. A couple said they stopped
                      watching because "the stories are all over the place" and one
                      was dissatified with the CGI, but I think I convinced one to tune
                      in. Stay in the fight and maybe we'll get a Season Three?

Comment

Originally posted by cloisornothing
                        Paul Lee seems satisfied by ratings of the season premiere and he added "this lizards just won't die". "they keep coming back" (quotes from TCA Winter Press Tour 2011)
                        Isn't it Paul Lee who also puts a lot of emphasis on showrunners? After hearing Scott Rosenbaum's interview about the Season 2 renewal process for V, I'd like to think that Paul Lee probably likes him and that may also help, especially, if numbers are okay.

But, then that's just my spec.

Comment

That's what I think too.

Comment

Hello all "V" fans, I too am a fan of the show. Unfortunately i didn't get to watch the first season, but being a fan of the old series, I asked for season one for Christmas gift, Santa didn't disappoint me! Not only did I get it, I got it in BluRay! My wife and I now can't wait till Tuesday night! (sometimes we record it, she goes to bed early), but it is the only show on TV that we watch. We are hooked! We watced Season on in 3 settings! I read an interview, there is going to be an huge last episode of the season. It didn't sound like they were planning on not being here. I do hope we get another season!!!! I love Erica, she is great, I am a fan of Firefly, a show that the actress who plays Anna was on, she is a really good actor as well. Like someone said, these shows are well acted, prime shows, I love the music, CGI, I love it all!!!!

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

I'm sure you fans have discussed this already but there have been times when a show was cancelled by one network and picked up by another. Babylon 5 comes to mind, the show was written to run 5 years, It was cancelled at the end of season 4, only to be picked up by another network, anyone think this is possible in this case?
                            Last edited by Beetlescott; 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Beetlescott
                              I'm sure you fans have discussed this already but there have been times when a show was cancelled by one network and picked up by another. Babylon 5 comes to mind, the show was written to run 5 years, It was cancelled at the end of season 4, only to be picked up by another network, anyone think this is possible in this case?
                              this is exactly what i was talking about in another thread! i really hope that this is the case. if abc doesn't have the vision, it'd be excellent if the show moved somewhere else where it's still on the air and available for the real fans!

Comment

I really hope V gets picked up for a third season. What can we do as fans to support it besides asking our friends to watch it? Because I'm pretty sure only viewers with Nielsen boxes actually count for ratings...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎