Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Cartoon Network)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer got owned by Saint Walker. Aya got owned by the female. Crooks got owned by Mogo. Lots of ownage going on this week.

Comment

I finally caught up on this show, and wow it is amazing. The art turned me off at first, but I found it better after the premiere episode for some reason and now I really like it. Razer is definitively my favorite, and I can't wait for Walker to return either, Mogo is also awesome as always. I wonder how Sinestro will look if we ever get to him...

Comment

Me too. I hadn't watched in weeks. I really liked the star sapphires!

Comment

With not one but two episodes dealing with the yellow stones of fear, I think Sinestro's appearance is inevitable, especially since any restrictions from the live action franchise are probably not terribly binding anymore.

Poor Kilowog. He's such a romantic.

Comment

Very good episode this week. My one complaint is that they have one of, if not the most powerful weapon in the Galway, and insist on using it like a laser gun.

Comment

Agreed. I don't even recall the last time Kilowog made a hammer. I imagine that's something that'll improve as they get more and more accustomed to designing the show.

Edit: It just came to my attention that Kilowog used a hammer in the latest episode. Oh well. There is still a lack of creativity with the constructs.
              Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 05-09-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I haven't been keeping up with this show, but part of me really wants to. I just wish the art style was better and Hal didn't sound soooo..... Buzz Lightyear-y....

Comment

I don't understand the dislike for the art style. It's not great, but it's essentially Timm's usual stuff from BTAS, STAS, BB, and JLU in CGI.

Comment

Yeah, I have no problem with it. Over time, I've become convinced CG was the way to go. Today's episode even looked better than normal to me for some reason. I was also groggy from just waking up.

If I'm not mistaken, our heroes didn't light up their rings once today (mainly because of those pesky yellow stones, which have to be building up to something). That's interesting/bold on the production end. An entire GL episode where the GLs don't use their rings.

Comment

The newest episode wasn't that great, but tomorrow's should be good... things are finally heating up and the invasion is almost here. The episode the week before was great though, I wonder how long until Saint Walker returns as a Blue Lantern now.... hopefully he gives Razer a ring too but I kinda like him in red.

Comment

Does anyone know if the series will be back for season 2? I loved the first season and hope season 2 will happen.

Ok various reports are that 26 eps were ordered. They've been broken up into 2 seasons of 13 apiece so it does look like we are getting season 2 this fall. I think World's Finest had an interview with one of the main crew members. Plus, they will probably announce @ Comic Con will shows will b back for Cartoon Network and their DC Nation block. Fingers crossed but it sounds like a good chance season 2 will happen which is awesome!
                        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 06-28-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah, there are definitely thirteen more, though it's not clear whether it's Season 2 or the second half of Season 1 (nobody seems to know). Not that that really matters.

Comment

I've just seen the first two episodes this wknd. I'm liking it! DC knows the recipe for good animated series.

Comment

Just heard that the show is cancelled and won't be back for another season. That sucks. I thought this was a very good show.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎