No announcement yet.

AU Ollie questions and answers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Ollie questions and answers

A couple of questions: is Ollie green arrow in the AU. And did lionel still kill his parents?My speculation on a couple of questions ppl had. Yes Oliver is still a billionaire. How else would he have " eyes in the sky" a d the ability to fix watchtower with kryptonite. Speaking of which without Chloe why does he still pick that tower to go to? It must have alternate significance to him. I think the reason he was so unsure about his abilities and his relationship with Lois is because in the RW he had the team to make him feel like he was a true hero. He didn't ppl backing him up and his actions. Also I don't think Ollie has black hair and blue eyes in the AU. I think it was just the lighting because it's still not as dark as Claris hair and there are highlights still and he had dark eyes in the balcony scene. Any thoughs and opinions?

I really enjoyed the episode very much but my issues with it are very small.

In my mind Ollie and Lois should've both been of the darker side of things just like Ultraman. I would've liked to of seen Oliver with a Goatee, not only as a nod to the future and the comics but also to the classic "Mirror,Mirror" StarTrek with a bearded Spock. Maybe Oliver could've gone by some sort of Archer personna like in the animated CrisisOnTwoEarths feature or like his mentor last season. Lois could've shown signs of being Superwoman as that is who she is in the Earth2 comic issues.

I would've to liked to of seen hints or nods to some sort of Proto-Crime Syndicate. Nothing too huge, maybe name checking dark counter-parts to Leaguers already on the show like Canary, Cyborg or Impulse. Probably not Martian Manhunter though as Ultraman would've killed him the first chance he got.

It feels like this episode should be a part one in a multiple episode arc featuring conflict between universes. Which I suppose it is because AU Lionel is now on Smallville Earth1. I really want to revisit Earth2, if only to see that universe develop more into what we know.

Comment

I agree. I enjoyed Earth-2. And a multi-verse conflict would have been awesome.

Comment

indeed. and even though they're not allowed to have Batman on the show, what about Owlman? :-)

Comment

Heres what i would've liked; AU Ollie with a goatee and an evil archer persona. Maybe with a crossbow. AU Lois secretly with powers of her own. And both secretly working with Owlman unseen in the background. Through the whole episode you see Ultramans uneasiness whenever O is mentioned or alluded to. And then at the end of the episode, before Lionel's amazing reveal of course; You see Ultraman, after being sent back, ambushed in AU Watchtower by Evil Archer, Superwoman and Owlman slowly creeps out of the darkness to take control for himself. Now on top of all of this I would've liked the line about AU Lex being dead taken out. But thats me.
          Last edited by MartianRogue; 02-11-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Actually I take back Owlman, replace him with the AU-MartianManhunter, who I think was a White Martian.

Comment

Why take out Owlman? Go with the Flight theme. With Carter recently killed it would have had some nostalgic influences. Although I do miss Martian Manhunter, in any capacity. I hope he comes back, at least before the finale. But this is from someone who knows very little about the comics.

Comment

In the comics its said that Ultraman killed off his only true rival in the Martian. So if the AU-Martian was there in control of the proto-Syndicate it would open a little bit of a window for Ultraman and he to have a confrontation and ultimately for Ultraman to take control.
                The reason I took Owlman out was because in Smallville continuity Clark hasen't met BruceWayen just yet. So on Earth-2 Owlman would probably still be in Gotham building his own empire.

Comment

Ah cool. But then again, now that Chloe has mentioned Bruce and diana ( did she specifically imply they are already Batman and wonder woman?) could it be possible for owlman to be set up in earth-2. Is he set up far after Bruce.... you know what, ill do my homework and get back to you lol.

Comment

i think its entirely possible that with the Batman and WonderWoman mentions Owlman and Superwoman are already in action on Earth-2

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎