Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're halfway through the season. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're halfway through the season. Opinions?

Icarus was the 11th of our 22 episode season. I'm curious to know what everyone's thoughts are on the season so far. Do you like the story arcs? the pace? the relationships? Or what about the episodes themselves? How do you rank them? All in all, are you satisfied with how our final season of Smallville is going? Is this the best one yet?

Mixed feelings. Feeling a bit frustrated after Patriot and Luthor, which were like swiss cheese and at Icarus because it was nothing compared to Pandora.

Comment

Time flies by hey? Anyway, haven't been overwhelmed by the first half of the season. It had its moments(Homecoming and Luthor are my 2 favourite episodes), but overall, I felt that it dealt with many different topics and that made the season feel disjointed. If they manage to tie them together well during the second half, we could be in for a very strong run to the finish line.

I am on the fence about the arcs. I have to say that the VRA arc has been the most intriguing one for me. Darkseid is still a work in progress and I am quite cautious about Lex's arc.

As for the relationships, I am glad for the Clois portion of our fanbase since this season has given them some great moments. And I can't say I will mind if we get more Cless bonding scenes. Plus, over the last few episodes, it's been fun to watch the team work closer together. Finally, my hope is that as the season reaches its climax we will get more focus on Clark and his quest to become Superman.

I can't think back to all first halves right now, but I'd say this is a step up from S9's first half and a step down from S8's first half. However, the second half could have the makings to be one of the best ever.

Comment

I'm scratching my head over the whole Lex business, wondering where the hell is it going to go.

Comment

^^My only hope, whether Rosenbaum returns or not, is that we will get the Lex we saw from Seasons 1 to 7 back by the time the series ends. Can't say I will be happy if clone Lex becomes the eventual Lex Luthor.

Another thing I wanted to say about S10 is that I hope they have been saving some of their budget for the second half of the season. We've had one too many action scenes happen offsceen imo.

Comment

Agreed that I'm lukewarm on the season so far. There's been some greatness to be sure, but many moments where yawning has taken over.....

Comment

as for me, i'm enjoying it (i'll always enjoy watching smallville) but the season is a bit underwhelming. watching this season i can say i'm ok with smallville ending. before the season started i probably was screaming for a season 11, for it to keep going. but now i dont think the show has that much steam left in it. the show just isn't what it used to be. there have been some great moments in s10, for sure, but those are few and far between. let me repeat that i am liking the episodes but i also know that i used to like smallville episodes a whole lot more.

the great moments: Lazarus (great way to start off the season!), Homecoming- was a nice treat to see smallville high again, Abandoned- loved seeing Jor-El and lara and the Lutessa twist was great, Luthor- Lionel's back baby!, and in last night's episode i loved Hawkman's big fight scene. Those wings are impressive.

not so hot:
              1. Clois and even chlollie (though i adore that relationship) are moving too fast.
              2. that one street in Metropolis is killing me!! please, let's have a scene on a real street!!! and even if we must use a stage, let's use a different one, please. changing up that one store front isn't fooling me into thinking we're at different locations.
              3. special effects. eh. definitely some funky lookin moments
              4. the lack of people. both regular cast members and extras. smallville/metropolis is lookin kinda lonely.
              5. as for the storylines: for starters, too much focus on clois. not enough focus on clark becoming superman.... but i'll get back to this later
              Last edited by SVfan87; 12-11-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I hope to see Kara (Laura Vandervoort) return by the end of the season (since her current show V has been reduced to 10 episodes instead of 14 which will give her time to appear in at least two more episodes for smallville), Also we need Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex since the clone Lex Luthor can grow his hair back so this gives Michael the chance to come back to at least two more episodes without shaving his head. With that being said we need Martha Kent and Perry White even Hawkman aka Carter Hall to return from his resurrection (since he was recently killed off) along with his wife Shayera to rejoin the Justice League/Society to bring down Darkseid and his elite forces along with the Suicide Squad.
                Last edited by Kryptonian4life; 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

They messed up with the Lex business. I feel the season could have been stronger with an absolute focused on DS. Instead, they are waiting to see if MR shows up and are using our last season to set up basically an exit for him and he's just not important enough in my mind to have his character sabotage Clark's last year in his journey to Superman.

Comment

So far Season 10 has been very... softy.
                    I think the first half of Season 9 was a lot more epic. I hope we have more fights like the Hawkman VS. Deathstroke. It was cool.

Comment

Unlike some, I think the Clois themes are the strongest and most important of the season, and necessarily so for the growth of Clark into Superman. I know some have said that it's a distraction, but IMO it's the most important part. They've been pounding the theme that a hero cannot do it alone. So not only does Clark have the support of the Justice League but he also has the unceasing support of the woman who loves him. With his dying words, Carter tells Clark to hold onto Lois because a hero cannot do his job with an empty heart as witnessed by Clark's misery during the three weeks Lois was missing between S8 and S9. Clark cannot become Superman without Lois. Clois is the last part Clark needs to become Earth's greatest hero as Clark has already been established now as the leader of the JLA.

As for the other themes of the season, we have the VRA, Darkseid, and clone Lex. I think all of them will be tied together very shortly, and we already see some signs they are doing just that. Darkseid has taken over many people in higher authority and is likely behind the Gestapo tactics of the VRA. And as Dr. Fate has said, Lex will be Superman's greatest opponent and that Clark will eventually defeat him. Well, Clark already technically defeated him in "Arctic" since he lived and Lex eventually died, so Dr. Fate's future prediction sounds like a reading of history. I think that Dr. Fate was actually talking about the future, so Lex will become the big bad by the end of the season. Whether they have a young Lex fighting Clark at the end or MR coming back will all depend on whether MR is willing to return for an episode or four.

Of course if Lex is Superman's biggest opponent, then everything will be clear sailing for Superman after this season, right? :P

Eventually, I think that Darkseid will take over Lex to form Superman's greatest enemy and that the season and the series will climax with a major fight between these two powerful opponents with the support of the JLA and Lois/Tess/Emil/etc. I'm still not sure how Lionel ties in as he seems rather superfluous to Lex being open to Darkseid's takeover, but I'm sure he'll tie in somewhere.
                      Last edited by rigel; 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Can't believe this is the final season and I mean it in a bad way. Filler after filler. Nothing so far has shown me why this guy will be Superman in 10 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
                          Can't believe this is the final season and I mean it in a bad way. Filler after filler. Nothing so far has shown me why this guy will be Superman in 10 episodes.
                          I agree. There should be development in Clark's story arc in becoming Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                            I agree. There should be development in Clark's story arc in becoming Superman.
                            What's left for him to do but fly? He's basically already completed his journey as his support structure and his own personal growth as a hero is fairly well established now. What held him back was his fears and guilt about the past. With the help of Brainiac and future Lois, he's now past that point or Darkseid would have tried to take him over in the two encounters Clark has had with Slade. If Darkseid could have taken him over, he would have. Instead, Slade tries to talk Clark into joining him rather than using force.

The only thing I see left for him to do before he can don the red, blue, and yellow is to fly consistently. Homecoming showed that he could fly, at least when he's been unburdened by his mistakes and fears. Or maybe he just needs to be content and free for him to fly as he seemed his happiest with Lois in his arms.

Comment

Great beginning, "Homecoming" was amazing!! A couple of good episodes after that but otherwise quite bland season. Not terrible like S7 for example but quite bland.

I really hope the last episodes will boost this season to my favourite but as of now...it's not happening...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎