Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kara has officially taken on the name SUPERGIRL!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
    My God! How does DC allow such blatant disservice to Superman to exist?
    Smallville is Elseworlds. It's fine under that pretense.

They've changed bigger things; ie: Lois and Clark living together, and engaged before Superman etc, Lex knowing Clark's secret, everyone seeing Clark without the glasses disguise, Martha and Perry, Henry James etc

Supergirl being Clark's equal, or perhaps superior is nothing out of the ordinary.

I knew this outcome was inevitable when they brought her in during Clark's pre-Superman days and made her the same age as him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
      My God! How does DC allow such blatant disservice to Superman to exist?
      LOL, not only does he fly (permanently fly, not just 1 time like we saw in Crusade) waaaay after her but also loses out to having his name be the first Super___. I guess it won't take Lois much to come up with the name now. Kara also seemed to be more serious about wearing glasses than Clark does, who's still not wearing them. He's like one of those kids who needs glasses (but for a whole different reason than most do) but doesn't want to wear them because he thinks they're too nerdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton

They've changed bigger things; ie: Lois and Clark living together, and engaged before Superman etc, Lex knowing Clark's secret, everyone seeing Clark without the glasses disguise, Martha and Perry, Henry James etc

Supergirl being Clark's equal, or perhaps superior is nothing out of the ordinary.

I knew this outcome was inevitable when they brought her in during Clark's pre-Superman days and made her the same age as him.
        yea it's not only that she knows how to fly, and is already known and debuted in the public as Supergirl, but has also adopted a dual identity (glasses and all).

This show is a damn AU.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
        LOL, not only does he fly (permanently fly, not just 1 time like we saw in Crusade) waaaay after her but also loses out to having his name be the first Super___. I guess it won't take Lois much to come up with the name now. Kara also seemed to be more serious about wearing glasses than Clark does, who's still not wearing them. He's like one of those kids who needs glasses (but for a whole different reason than most do) but doesn't want to wear them because he thinks they're too nerdy.
        Yea and the fact that this show is on CW doesn't help either. I bet the reason for not giving him glasses is that it will make him look too geeky and not supermodelish enough
        Last edited by Cloisdestined; 12-11-2010, 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Goodbye Smallville

Comment

It proves TPTB consider her Supergirl now. Therefore she is.

It doesnt surprise me considering they referred to her as Supergirl in interviews. I knew this was coming.

It makes sense though. She's already a public flying superheroine with a face and with god-like powers... revealed to the world.

Superman's future thunder, already stolen.
            Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not buying it. If people want to make themselves miserable over it, though, that's their choice. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_And_Lois
              Actually, that wanted poster should have pictured a list of the writers for this episode.

And on the actual topic this is typical - another flaw...

That was a good spot.

Why would they do that...hasn't the Superman always existed before Supergirl came along? What is going on here?

Comment

So what?! It's just a name for god's sake. You are all getting to worked up.

Comment

I almost jumped out of my chair with excitement when I saw the name Supergirl under Kara's picture.

Comment

Well maybe it was a premature move by whoever was in charge of the props, putting the name under her picture and they didn't realise what they were doing, maybe they should have put "maiden of might" or something.

But the thing is, even if she's using that name, hasn't she been driven back underground almost immediately after the events of Supergirl and isn't being the public heroine anymore? Those secret meetings with Clark and all?

So I'm not entirely sure if his thunder has been stolen.
                    Last edited by Tekken Force; 12-11-2010, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                      *walks in*

Oh for the love of...WHO CARES?!

*walks out*
                      I agree it's a freaking T.V. show. Why get worked up over something like that?

----- Added 36 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Anu
                      So what?! It's just a name for god's sake. You are all getting to worked up.
                      For once you and I can agree on something.
                      Last edited by protector91; 12-11-2010, 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                        I agree it's a freaking T.V. show. Why get worked up over something like that?

----- Added 36 Seconds later -----

For once you and I can agree on something.
                        Haha. When have not agreed on something?

Comment

I think in earlier posts we've had conflicting opinions on season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
                            *walks in*

Oh for the love of...WHO CARES?!

*walks out*
                            THANK YOU! *walking out with you*

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                              THANK YOU! *walking out with you*
                              Let me join you.

*walks out*

Comment

Kara was always considered as good or better than him at the same age. Here is just one example, in the DC pre crisis reference guide Kara beats Superboy in everything except hero points http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.c...irl-in-dc.html Post crisis she can out race adult Clark and is theorised to be stronger than him (Which he denies but has never been confirmed)

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tekken Force
                                Well maybe it was a premature move by whoever was in charge of the props, putting the name under her picture and they didn't realise what they were doing, maybe they should have put "maiden of might" or something.

But the thing is, even if she's using that name, hasn't she been driven back underground almost immediately after the events of Supergirl and isn't being the public heroine anymore? Those secret meetings with Clark and all?

So I'm not entirely sure if his thunder has been stolen.
                                They have to get away from using 'Maiden', its incorrect as she is the 'Maid of Might'. Its from the '50's not the middle ages.
                                Last edited by Estro-gen X; 12-11-2010, 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎