Which proposal was more romantic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarvelXY
    ITA
    yeah that is the problem i find in believing that clark love lois as much as she loves him, it seems like they are not equal in the relationship, clark is the master and lois is the servant. He can mess up all he want, and he will still get lois on a silver platter, because lois' desperation for this (super) man shows.

Personal opinion, its how i see it.
    Personal opinion is right. I can name a million reasons why SV Clois is a lot more successful in just 2.5 seasons than SV Clana was in 7.5 but it always comes down to how someone sees something.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarvelXY
      yeah that is the problem i find in believing that clark love lois as much as she loves him, it seems like they are not equal in the relationship, clark is the master and lois is the servant. He can mess up all he want, and he will still get lois on a silver platter, because lois' desperation for this (super) man shows.
      Clark messed up in Echo and Roulette and he had to work hard in order to win back Lois' favor. Clark messed up in Charade and Hostage and Lois did not just let him get away with it. Lois even broke up with Clark in Hostage. Beyond Hostage, I honestly can't think of a time when Clark messed up in terms of his relationship with Lois other than a few bouts of overprotectiveness, which were dealt with within their respective episodes.

Comment

• Clark proposed to Lana in desperation, while he proposed to Lois out of love. Also, I think the fact that he didn't have to tell Lois everything, that she already knew his secret, helped to make this more romantic. IMO

Comment

• Clark to Lois. As others have mentioned, Clark proposed to Lana out of desperation. He was afraid of losing her.

Not to mention, Clark's proposal to Lana could be seen as a bit creepy. Whereas he proposed to Lois, in Metropolis... Clark took Lana to the Fortress: an isolated location, that she can't leave on her own (and no one can hear her scream).

Personally, if I was Lana, my first thought wouldn't be "this is the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me"... more "if I turn you down, will I ever be allowed to leave this place?".

Comment

• I like Clois proposal the most, Clarks proposal to Lois was really really romantic, the white flying rose petals, using the phonebooth, his nervous speech in the beginning before he popped the big question. I couldn't hold back a tear when I saw that scene the first time, not even the second time.

The Lana proposal was sweet, but not at the same romantic level as the Clois proposal

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎