X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing , it was great !

Comment

• Hawkman VS Slade

Holy crap! A fight sequence in Smallville involving 2 major characters that lasted more than a second! How can I not give that a 9?! It wasn't the best choreographed fight scene I've ever seen(not even close actually), but by Smallville standards, this kicked azz! I am so glad they did not Offscreenville that fight. It was a good exit for both Hawkman & Slade in my opinion. They both went out fighting for what they believed in, like real men.

However, I will miss Hawkman. The banter between him and Green arrow was amazing, funny, and natural. At least, he went out with a bang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin24
        Good points and it is true that he hasn't really had a good chance to use his physical might in a fight yet. But, my main problem is that he doesn't come off as powerful as he should. When he goes to save the day I don't feel like he will actually save the day and that is my main complaint about his portrayal. He always seems to need help from others or some object to succeed.

Not that having help is a bad thing but it seems more often than not that is the case with Clark. He gets beat up more than he beats people up. That is really my main complaint.
        Actually, this has been my main complaint all throughout the series. Too much kryptonite, too much of Clark getting tortured, too much of Clark getting beat up.

You should check out Gerard Christopher's portrayal of Superboy. This guy could hold his own even under massive green-k exposure.

They SHOULD give Clark more opportunities to fight. Really liked how he punched Deadshot into a wire fence and how he backhanded Lionel into a table. So far those are the only 2 kick-azz sequences I've seen from him.

Comment

• I gave it a 7. Once again Clark was sidelined by other heroes namely Hawkman, this time around, but no worries there are sure to be others who will do very well in that category.
          The proposal was all right, it certainly wasn't incandescent as it didn't set any new standards as far as proposals go. I almost felt like Clark wasn't really into it as much as he should have been. Wasn't really moved by the last scene either, felt very staged to me.
          They all flew to Egypt first class, in costume, I don't know the scene was obviously meant to elicit reverence but only succeeded in eliciting a chuckle. the "cliffhanger" left much to be desired. There are so many loose threads hanging around I'm just wondering if this latest one will be satisfactorily dealt with or will be explained away in a manner that is not satisfying at all. This episode certainly wouldn't make my top 20, in fact I'm disappointed with how few episodes in season 10 would make my top 20.

Comment

• It was an AMAZING episode, I loved it but it could have been written better. My only complaint, possibly a stronger writer or writing team for an episode this big. A mid-season finale. All in all though there were some really iconic moments, and it was enjoyable. The proposal however, I WISH it had not been given away, they put out clips, promo's of it, they really promoted the heck out of that thing. It would have been nicer if it was a surprise. As for Carter's death, although we all knew it was coming I still found myself crying as he said his last goodbye to Clark.

Comment

• 7. This episode is alright. It not as good as the Bride and Gemini mid-season finales. But this episode was good. Putting Slade in the phantom zone was...weird...but Hawkman dieing was approperate for the mid season finale. The ending was really random and wasent needed for this episode.

Comment

• Nice bit of continuity with Lois using the secret passage way in Tess' office, from "Checkmate". Sometimes shows forget these kinds of things, when they could be useful in a later episode.

And Cat is starting to come over on the pro-hero side. I've previously expressed my appreciation of this. She was introduced in "Shield", but she didn't magically change her opinions by the end of that episode. Instead she's someone who've had one opinion for a longer time and is now starting to question this opinion.

In my comments on "Patriot", I expressed an uncertainty about Slade Wilson being a believable threat to Batman in a few years. But, the Wilson-Hawkman fight convinced me that he could be a threat. His enhancements clearly go outside of just a healing ability (which'll probably slow down or stop his aging).

I'm sure some didn't feel anything about Hawkman's death, as they've already established that he'll just be reincarnated. However, it makes sense for the characters to be upset. They're all new to this (reincarnation), so they won't know how to react to it (and how are they going to know, that Carter Hall wasn't the final incarnation of Prince Khufu?). Also, they can't be certain about if they'll ever see him again. Unlike the Arrowverse, the reincarnations of Khufu probably don't look the same. How will reincarnation affect his personality? When will he be reincarnated? It could be that he was reincarnated as a child, who was born the second Carter Hall died. Or it'll take 5-10 years before he's born again (then add 20-30 years, before he becomes Hawkman again). Meaning some of them might never live to meet him again. If they were to do a Smallville revival, it'd be an interesting thing to explore. I'd imagine they'd go with the Thanagarian Hawkman (note, they never said that all reincarnations of Khufu and Chay-Ara happened to Earth), as that would give them multiple ways to introduce an adult Hawkman (without resorting to time travel). It could be that time runs faster on Thanagar (allowing 20-something years to pass, while it's been less than a decade on Earth) or that Thanagarians use technology to speed up the aging of children (producing adult Thanagarians in a few years).

Not too crazy about the fact that Darkseid is said to have been present during humanity's darkest hours. It just places the blame on an outside source (while clearing humans of any responsibility). Of course, Darkseid is shown to only be able to corrupt those who already have darkness within them. Look at Slade Wilson. A man who for years and years have been believed to be responsible for war crimes. So, does Darkseid cause the darkness within humans or does he just use what is already there to his advantage? It could even be what keeps driving him to Earth.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎