No announcement yet.

Chlo-Lo scene!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theotherJane
    That puzzled me too. I was expecting Lois to seem more surprised after getting a letter from her supposedly dead cousin. Does the poor girl even know Chloe's allegedly dead? She's always the last to find out these things....first Jimmy and now Chloe.
    Lois, just like everyone else in league with the heroes, doesn't believe Chloe is dead. I'm sure, now that she's in on all of Clark's secrets, that she believes what Clark believes: Chloe faked her death to fool the Suicide Squad into exchanging her life for his. Chloe's erased her existence and doesn't want to be found; she wanted the other heroes to trust her.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
      Lois, just like everyone else in league with the heroes, doesn't believe Chloe is dead. I'm sure, now that she's in on all of Clark's secrets, that she believes what Clark believes: Chloe faked her death to fool the Suicide Squad into exchanging her life for his. Chloe's erased her existence and doesn't want to be found; she wanted the other heroes to trust her.
      regarding lois was anything you just said shown onscreen this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
        regarding lois was anything you just said shown onscreen this season?
        Yes, all of it, in fact. Clark told Lois his secret in Isis. By Harvest and Patriot, Lois was shown to be let in on every aspect of Clark's life. All of the details about Chloe's plan and what the other heroes believe to be true about Chloe's fate were discussed in episodes like Shield, Supergirl, and Isis. There's no reason for Lois to believe Chloe is dead. She didn't believe Chloe was dead before she knew Clark's secret (i.e. Supergirl); and after Lois was filled in on everything, she would know what everyone else knew and believed.

Comment

What did Chloe give Lois???

Comment

Yes, all of it, in fact. Clark told Lois his secret in Isis. By Harvest and Patriot, Lois was shown to be let in on every aspect of Clark's life. All of the details about Chloe's plan and what the other heroes believe to be true about Chloe's fate were discussed in episodes like Shield, Supergirl, and Isis. There's no reason for Lois to believe Chloe is dead. She didn't believe Chloe was dead before she knew Clark's secret (i.e. Supergirl); and after Lois was filled in on everything, she would know what everyone else knew and believed.
            when was lois filled in specifically by clark?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
              when was lois filled in specifically by clark?
              She's been filled in on everything else as far as I can tell. It's ambiguous, but the bottom line is that Lois has not been led to believe Chloe is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherJane
                That puzzled me too. I was expecting Lois to seem more surprised after getting a letter from her supposedly dead cousin. Does the poor girl even know Chloe's allegedly dead? She's always the last to find out these things....first Jimmy and now Chloe.
                Since when is Chloe dead? was Lois ever told that? Oliver was never even told that, she has no reason to believe shes dead, esp. when she made a comment to Oliver about ..women going away or something of that nature; I can't remeber the exact words now.

I liked the moment, not a chloe fan at all honestly but it was sweet. Chloe has never needed Dr. Fates helmet to know the future of Lois and Clark, she's been right about Lana since the start.

Comment

She's been filled in on everything else as far as I can tell. It's ambiguous, but the bottom line is that Lois has not been led to believe Chloe is dead.

so in other words the only place Lois has been filled in about chloe is offscreenville... got it...

Comment

I did enjoy this scene

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCanary
                      Since when is Chloe dead? was Lois ever told that? Oliver was never even told that.
                      I agree that Lois doesn't think that Chloe is dead. But Oliver was told by Rick Flagg in Shield that Chloe was dead - that she took poison to protect him. Oliver was later shown finding antidote in the Talon, and in the end scene with Clark he told him that Chloe faked her own death and is in hiding to protect him. So although it didn't turn out to be true (although it was never actually confirmed by anyone!), Oliver was told Chloe was dead.

He didn't tell Lois this of course, he fed her some story initially that Chloe was taking some time for herself, before sort of admitting she made some sort of sacrifice for him. It's up in the air what Lois actually knows as it's never been shown on screen but I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that Clark has filled her in now that she's in on the secret.

I wish we'd seen that though - although I appreciate the story can't focus on Chloe it would have been nice to have one scene of her cousin and best friend showing a little interest, or passing comment on her whereabouts. IMHO.

But to get back on topic. I loved the Chlo-Lo scene I just wish there was more of them throughout the show, I've always enjoyed them together.
                      Last edited by ChlollieLover; 12-10-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Why does Lois look like crap in this scene!!? Good gawd somebody brush her hair and put some makeup on the girl!
                        As for Chloe, oh good gawd it makes me cry to see her not so hateful! Note to writers, this is the Chloe you destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by ChlollieLover
                          I agree that Lois doesn't think that Chloe is dead. But Oliver was told by Rick Flagg in Shield that Chloe was dead - that she took poison to protect him. Oliver was later shown finding antidote in the Talon, and the end scene with Clark he told him that Chloe faked her own death and is in hiding to protect him. So although it didn't turn out to be true (although it was never actually confirmed by anyone!), Oliver was told Chloe was dead.

He didn't tell Lois this of course, he fed her some story initially that Chloe was taking some time for herself, before sort of admitting she made some sort of sacrifice for him. It's up in the air waht Lois actually knows as it's never been shown on screen but I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that Clark has filled her in.

I wish we'd seen that though - although I appreciate the story shouldn't focus on Chloe it would have been nice to have one scene of her cousin and best friend showing a little interest, or passing comment on her whereabouts. IMHO.

But to get back on topic. I loved the Chlo-Lo scene I just wish there was more of them throughout the show, I've always enjoyed them together.
                          The bolded is what confuses me. IDK what Lois knows now. Sometimes I think she knows everything except about Chloe. But I could see Clark telling her in offscreenville.

Comment

yeahhh im always confused about what lois knows hahaha

Comment

I enjoyed this scene very much! I like how the comments by Chloe seems to foreshadow what Chloe might be up to with the play on words such as "Fated" and "Future"; "Spirit" (The Nabu Spirit in Helmet) and the silver penny symbolism (something rare from 1940's like the whole Superman Lois love affair) Holding to the man of steel not easy but being the one loved by him is just as significant an rare
                              I love her little note about seeing "some happy endings coming a mile away".

Comment

Originally posted by mellie
                                IDK what Lois knows now. Sometimes I think she knows everything except about Chloe. But I could see Clark telling her in offscreenville.
                                Yeah I wish they'd spent at least one scene on this, just to clear it up. It doesn't fit with Lois' character that she's not mentioned Chloe at all...at least onscreen. She's always been shown to be protective and caring about her cousin. Now that there is something very wrong (even if Chloe has a plan she had to fake her death to do it and erase herself from existence, not exactly normal every day actions) it doesn't seem right that Lois hasn't even mentioned it. Especially now that she knows the secret. Beforehand it was somewhat plausible that she could think that Chloe was just away.

For this reason I have to fanwank that she's been told offscreen about Chloe, and like the rest of them she is 'trusting her'. Otherwise I just don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎