Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really think it was the necklace that her mom had

Comment

• Originally posted by Estro-gen X
      I actually thought the way it was worded crapped on Lana. 'She wasn't willing to make the sacrifices' seemed to me as if it was putting her down and holding Lois up as the better person. When, in fact it was never about sacrifices as we know Clana ended because of circumstance and not because of actual problems
      It could be interpreted that way but let's think about the context of that scene for a minute. It is hard to do because they didn't air the scene when it happened and the flashback is ambiguous of when it occurred.

The scene starts out by Chloe noting Lois hasn't left for Africa, yet. And Lois is pretty rumpled looking. So It had to happen before both Chloe and Lois left in Lazarus. It could have happened after Lois was scare-crowed because of Lois's rumpled appearance and the tear in her eye indicates she is upset. But the way they cut Lazarus it made it seem as though Chloe was already trading herself for Ollie at the same time Lois was nearly burned at the stake. But the time frames of what happened when are all pretty ambiguous. The other possibility is that the scene occurred right after Lois pulled the stake out of Clark's chest and he was resurrected. But that doesn't make sense because Clark immediately raced off to see Chloe at Watchtower. I am going with the theory that the scene occurred after Lois was scared-crowed.

So what was Lois's frame of mind after Lex scare-crowed her? We know that before Lex attacked her she appeared happy and was eagerly awaiting her conversation with Clark in the barn. We know that after Clark rescued her she ended up going to Africa. Probably a direct result of what Lex said to her about her death "breaking" Clark. So Lois is understandably upset after being scare-crowed and changes her mind about Africa. We know that the entire episode of Shield she is doubting her ability to be what Clark needs. Further explanation of why she raced off to Africa. She is doubting her ability to be with Clark.

Given all this context my take on that scene with Chloe is that Lois is sad and upset that even though she loves Clark she is frightened that she herself cannot be what he needs. I would say after that scare-crowing when she made that guess about Lana she was projecting her own fears onto Lana and guessing that is what broke up Clark and Lana. We know that isn't what happened but it certainly isn't an irrational or far-fetched guess. It makes sense that Lois might draw that conclusion after what had just happened to her.

So no. I don't think Lois was holding herself up as a better person than Lana. Lois herself was getting ready to turn tail and run off to Africa out of fear and was projecting that fear onto Lana to try to understand what might have broken Lana and Clark up.

Comment

• Perhaps, it will be a NICE SCENE IF LOIS ASKS CLARK ABOUT IT ey? I wonder what will Clark tell her, I hope she opens it up in future episodes. I would love to hear them talking about Lana.

Comment

• I wish we'd seen the whole scene guess time was tight again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lori
            I wish we'd seen the whole scene guess time was tight again.
            It wasn't the whole scene? How'd you know?? I mean it was a bit choppy but I think it's because how they fade in and out of the flashback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbara
              It could be interpreted that way but let's think about the context of that scene for a minute. It is hard to do because they didn't air the scene when it happened and the flashback is ambiguous of when it occurred.

The scene starts out by Chloe noting Lois hasn't left for Africa, yet. And Lois is pretty rumpled looking. So It had to happen before both Chloe and Lois left in Lazarus. It could have happened after Lois was scare-crowed because of Lois's rumpled appearance and the tear in her eye indicates she is upset. But the way they cut Lazarus it made it seem as though Chloe was already trading herself for Ollie at the same time Lois was nearly burned at the stake. But the time frames of what happened when are all pretty ambiguous. The other possibility is that the scene occurred right after Lois pulled the stake out of Clark's chest and he was resurrected. But that doesn't make sense because Clark immediately raced off to see Chloe at Watchtower. I am going with the theory that the scene occurred after Lois was scared-crowed.

So what was Lois's frame of mind after Lex scare-crowed her? We know that before Lex attacked her she appeared happy and was eagerly awaiting her conversation with Clark in the barn. We know that after Clark rescued her she ended up going to Africa. Probably a direct result of what Lex said to her about her death "breaking" Clark. So Lois is understandably upset after being scare-crowed and changes her mind about Africa. We know that the entire episode of Shield she is doubting her ability to be what Clark needs. Further explanation of why she raced off to Africa. She is doubting her ability to be with Clark.

Given all this context my take on that scene with Chloe is that Lois is sad and upset that even though she loves Clark she is frightened that she herself cannot be what he needs. I would say after that scare-crowing when she made that guess about Lana she was projecting her own fears onto Lana and guessing that is what broke up Clark and Lana. We know that isn't what happened but it certainly isn't an irrational or far-fetched guess. It makes sense that Lois might draw that conclusion after what had just happened to her.

So no. I don't think Lois was holding herself up as a better person than Lana. Lois herself was getting ready to turn tail and run off to Africa out of fear and was projecting that fear onto Lana to try to understand what might have broken Lana and Clark up.
              This!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                It wasn't the whole scene? How'd you know?? I mean it was a bit choppy but I think it's because how they fade in and out of the flashback.
                I know because we still didn't hear the Chloe line from the CC trailer...........'it's hard sharing your plus one with the rest of the world but every great relationship has it's sacrificies'..........

Comment

I know because we still didn't hear the Chloe line from the CC trailer...........'it's hard sharing your plus one with the rest of the world but every great relationship has it's sacrificies'..........

nice catch!!!!what a wonderful line..!!!I wish we'll hear it from Chloe in the future!

Comment

• What was the significance of the necklace Chloe gave Louis?

Hi I am new here.

Great episode.
                    but I was wondering if the necklace Chloe gave Louis is some sort of protection?(maybe from white pyramid that knocked them out)
                    Detection device?
                    I dunno, when it comes to Chloe it is all a mystery.
                    Anyone have any ideas what could be behind it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronja
                      Hi I am new here.

Great episode.
                      but I was wondering if the necklace Chloe gave Louis is some sort of protection?(maybe from white pyramid that knocked them out)
                      Detection device?
                      I dunno, when it comes to Chloe it is all a mystery.
                      Anyone have any ideas what could be behind it?

I don't know any Louis on Smallville, but if you mean Lois Lane the love of Clark Kent/Supermans life then I have no idea what the necklace means. Maybe something maybe nothing.

Oh and welcome to K Site!
                      Last edited by It's all about Faith; 12-17-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smallv17
                        nice catch!!!!what a wonderful line..!!!I wish we'll hear it from Chloe in the future!
                        I hope so too!

Comment

yeah, I'm sad they didn't include that line. I was really curious to see how it fit into the conversation. ah well.. maybe they'll include it on the dvd as a deleted scene.

Comment

• I was happy to see Allison again. And I'm really curious about that necklace.

Comment

• This scene reminded me how much I miss scenes between Allison and Erica.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                                Originally posted by umm
                                The scene with Chloe and Lois was done to perfection, and Lana should rightfully be mentioned because let's face it that was a cathastrophic relationship for both parties involved, and you don't have to be Dr. Fate to know that Clark and Lois are fated, and Chloe has known that without the helmet even when Clark naivly enough was still hung up Lana whilst she still was Mrs. Luthor! Add to that this scene was a much needed comunication between two cousins, and can anyone realy complain over Chloes presence in the episode in which her cousing got engaged, a milestone, when someone like Stargirl, whom Lois barily knows was included? It's absurd to complain over Chloes being mentioning in this episode or the scene with her and Lois! And lastly who better to clear up all Lois insecurities about Clark, than the woman, who next to his mother knew him the longest?[/QUOTE]
                                if i didnt know about the comics, there wd be really nothing for me to think those two are fated for life. they used chloe wrongly in this scene, she is not the best person to tell what really happened between those two. Even if she was, her reply felt contrieved.

JMO

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎