No announcement yet.

Lucas Dunleavy/Luthor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Dunleavy/Luthor

Didn't see a thread for this o mods please merge if there is one. I don't like that Lucas was mentioned as an illegitimate son of Lionel's roughly in the beginning of season two, only to have him show one appearance several episodes later and never mentioned again. Lex says in future seasons he never had a brother because Julian died and later on he cloned Julian into Grant Gabriel and never mentioned Lucas. I really hope they mention him at some point. Like maybe Tess starts to search for him and finds out Lex had him killed or even Lioenl had him killed to protect Lex. I know the possibility of him appearing again are slim because of Paul Wesley's role on VD but a mention would be nice.

Yeah, it would've been nice to have some follow-up on Lucas. I mean, you have this other Luthor running around out there, somewhere. You'd think he'd return after Lex was believed to have been killed between seasons 2 and 3, or in seasons 8-10 (when Lex was again believed to be dead and Lionel were). There would be billions in it for him. In theory, they wouldn't even have had to have Paul Wesley play the role. With Morgan Edge, they used plastic surgery to explain away a recasting. Not to mention, he only appears in one episode in S2. If he had returned in seasons 8-10, would it matter if he was recast (like they did with Sasha Woodman).

Of course, the big question is what he would've done (beyond trying to lay claim to the Luthor fortune)? Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths, Lex had a niece named Nasthalthia (a Supergirl villain), the child of an unnamed sibling (not Lena). They could've established Lucas as Nasthalthia's father. The problem with that is that she'd be born post-2003. Had Lucas returned to Smallville in 2010, with Nasthalthia, she wouldn't be more than 6 or 7-years-old. Not to mention, Kara was only in two S10 episodes, so she and Nasthalthia wouldn't have interacted. Meaning you'd end up with a cameo by a random member of the Luthor family, with little possibility of foreshadowing that Nasthalthia is destined to become a Supergirl villain... at some point after 2023.

Comment

I agree that it would've been nice to see a follow up on Lucas too.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎