Favorite Quotes from "Icarus"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark: You don't make it easy to ask a simple question. But that's what makes you, you, the woman I wanna spend my life with, the woman that I love. Lois Lane, will you marry me?

Oliver: You're not gonna hug me now are ya?
    Carter: No.
    Oliver: Ok.
    Love Hawkarrow

Lois: ...Lane. Kent-Lane. I dunno, we'll figure it out.
    lol.. I would have been upset if I didn't get a line like this after her saying Mr and Mrs Kent because this is so Lois.

Lois: Well, woman's lib got me pants and a fare wage, I figure I'd make the most of it.

Tess: You couldn't stare at me in my office?
    I love Tess.

Lois: And for better, or for worse, I am standing by the Blur.
    Is she practicing her vows?

Lois: I'm not your girl, I'm his.

Carter: Good, you're here. I have something for you.

Carter: Listen! This, is what we do and my passing means I'll be with Sheyera again.
    Clark: I owe you so much, I don't know how to begin to thank you.
    *Clark looks at Lois, Carter sees Clark look at her.*
    Carter: You just did. You hold on to her cuz there has to be a balance Clark. We can't do what we have to do if there is an emptiness in our heart. Remember that.
    *cries at Carter's death scene*

Comment

Carter: All I can say is: when it comes to planing the wedding, just nod. A lot.

I so want to see Clark doing this.

Comment

Clark: "I think I hear someone need saving." wooosh. That was funny or was that just me?

Comment

Cat: And we would have
          if you hadn't have played
          judge, jury, and executioner
          with my article.

Tess: Not "executioner."
          "Editor."

Tess: You couldn't stare at me in my office?

Tess is my new role model

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
            I haven't seen the rest of the episode yet, but there's no doubt as to what my favorite quote is:

"Lois Lane, will you marry me?"
            Ditto

Comment

Lois: "It's just a slide... you love slides...

I hate slides..."

Comment

my absolute favorite, the one that had me laughing out loud-

Oliver to Carter: Just, get away, 8-track! (as he swats him away)
                Last edited by SVfan87; 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                  my absolute favorite, the one that had me laughing out loud-

Oliver to Carter: Just, get away, A-track! (as he swats him away)
                  Actually it's "8-track" - them things not too far removed from the era of the steam powered turntable.

All the Carter/Ollie stuff has been classic. I'll miss Carter....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
                    Actually it's "8-track" - them things not too far removed from the era of the steam powered turntable.

All the Carter/Ollie stuff has been classic. I'll miss Carter....
                    well, i guess that shows i dont have any personal experience with those things. i'll go edit my post.

Comment

Originally posted by [insert user name]
                      "I'm not your girl, I'm his"
                      What is funny about that is earlier she talks about women's lib and then goes on to objectify herself. You can tell she didn't finish college

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kryptonjunkie
                      One of my fave's --

Hawkman: .. Hold on to her .. 'Cause there has to be a balance, Clark .. We can't do what we have to do if there's an emptiness in our hearts .. Remember that.
                      Clark: I will, I promise.
                      That was awful, you can't be a hero if you are single?
                      Last edited by Estro-gen X; 12-11-2010, 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What is funny about that is earlier she talks about women's lib and then goes on to objectify herself. You can tell she didn't finish college
                        There's nothing offensive nor degrading about identifying yourself as someone's "girl." I have a freaking Doctorate and I'm more than proud to say that I'm my husband's girl. And he has a freaking Doctorate too and he's more than proud to say that he's my guy. Belonging to each other and loving each other and being proud to state that you love each other doesn't objectify anyone or anything. Commiting your life to someone and feeling thrilled and proud to make that commitment is not an expression of objectification. Women are fully capable of being smart, productive, equal members of society and still feeling proud to also identify themselves as a wife. The entire point of the "women's lib" movement is that women have a freaking CHOICE. It wasn't about making it so that every woman who wants to get married and spend her life with a man is accused of objectification.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Again, you are distorting the scene. Carter never once said that a hero had to be married. He said that a hero couldn't have emptiness in his/her heart and that balance was important. He never said that that emptiness had to be fulfilled by a spouse. He never said that that balance could only be achieved through marriage. The JSA was perfect proof that creating a "family" and looking out for each other was a way of providing balance. You have to have something to fight for or you're empty. For Clark and for Carter, that "something" that kept their hearts full was love for a woman. For others, it might be the love for a sister, or brother or child.
                        Don't twist Carter's words.
                        Last edited by Audrey229; 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mantaray
                          Lois: "It's just a slide... you love slides...

I hate slides..."
                          YES! I was estatic they brought back the slide. I wondered what happened to it.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                            "I miss my typewriter."

"You miss the telegraph. Get away 8 track."

I actually laughed out loud at that one.
                            I loved that scene I laughed so hard.

I also loved after Carter said he was sorry about Chloe and Ollie said, "we're not going to hug now are we?"

Or something like that. These two are gold in scenes together. Just hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X

i have to agree with you. when he said that i was thinking the same thing. you cant save people without a love interest in your life?

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                                i have to agree with you. when he said that i was thinking the same thing. you cant save people without a love interest in your life?
                                Who said that the emptiness had to be filled by a spouse? You're missing the point. Carter did not say that you had to have a spouse. He was saying that you can't truly serve people as a hero if your heart is empty. That emptiness can be filled in a multitude of ways. For Clark and Carter, the empty feeling has been filled by eros love. However, Carter's mentor relationship with Stargirl is a good example of another kind of relationship that can inspire and fill a hero's heart with hope. We also learned in AJ that Carter felt very protective and cared deeply for Dr. Fate. Carter's message was about seeking connection and making time and balance for those that you love the most. For Clark, that's Lois. But he wasn't saying that you had to be married.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎