Music in "Icarus"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

While searching randomly to find this song, I found on a yahooanswer site that someone mentioned the band Calla. If you check itunes or youtube and find songs by this band, you'll hear similarities in sound compared to the song from Carter's funeral in "Icarus". I'm not positive it's the same band, but it might be. If it is, we're one step closer to figuring out this song.

Comment

They have a few albums. I'm going through them right now on Zune, but it's not playing nice. I'll post back if I find it.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Couldn't find it, but Swagger off Collisions from 2005 has a really sweet guitar bit starting @ 2:43.
      Last edited by Jodiuh; 12-12-2010, 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do you agree then that this band could very possibly be the band that performs the song from "Icarus"?

Comment

someone else said Anberlin, and they also have the same sound in a few of their other songs.. it could be a song recorded specifically for this episode by Anberlin, and why its so hard to find.

i do hope someone finds it because i would love to have it in my collection.. its a great song.

Comment

I don't think it's Anberlin. The vocals just don't match up. I still think maybe it's Calla, or atleast the lead singer from Calla since they haven't had an album since 2007.

Comment

Wow is this the 1st song we are having problems in getting who plays the song.

I would like to download it...it was perfect for the scene

Comment

I'm not sure who it is but is definitely not Anberlin, because that can't be Stephen Christian it doesn't sound like him.

Comment

Could the band be 30 Seconds To Mars? It sounds like them and they were featured on Smallville before.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not 30 seconds to mars because the lead singer doesn't sound like Jared Leto.

Comment

Maybe someone could tweet the producers to ask the music supervisor what the song is.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyXY
                        I don't think it's Anberlin. The vocals just don't match up. I still think maybe it's Calla, or atleast the lead singer from Calla since they haven't had an album since 2007.
                        It does sound like Calla. Maybe it's from a new single that hasn't even been released yet.

Comment

Probably not Anberlin, possibly Calla. I guess we'll know eventually, haha!

Comment

Has anyone asked the writers about the song at the end of Icarus? Or has anyone Tweeted about who it is by and the name of the song???

Comment

Originally posted by codered
                              Maybe someone could tweet the producers to ask the music supervisor what the song is.
                              I asked Louis Febre but he doesn't know, too.

Comment

Why is this song such a mystery??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎