Television Ratings for "Icarus"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And The CW aired its perennial combination of Smallville (Viewers: #4, 2.57 million; A18-49: #3t, 1.0/ 4), which will certainly be exiting in style this spring, and Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 2.24 million; A18-49: #4, 1.0/ 3)."

Very, very good numbers. 2.57 mill in December is great stuff. Although it didn't beat 'Absolute Justice' @ 2.77 million, which would have been hard, it still was higher rated than last years mid-season finale. Still too bad about not beating AJ, that ends the streak of every S10 episode beating its S9 counterpart. Little OT- the rebound continues for SN from its low point a few weeks ago. Good stuff all around.

Comment

Originally posted by badraven
      Still too bad about not beating AJ, that ends the streak of every S10 episode beating its S9 counterpart. Little OT- the rebound continues for SN from its low point a few weeks ago. Good stuff all around.
      Not 100% true, the first part of AJ got a 2.6M rating, while the second part got 2.94M. There is still a decent chance(assuming SV wasn't pre-empted anywhere) that Icarus gains 31k+ viewers when finals come out

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
        Not 100% true, the first part of AJ got a 2.6M rating, while the second part got 2.94M. There is still a decent chance(assuming SV wasn't pre-empted anywhere) that Icarus gains 31k+ viewers when finals come out
        You made my day! The streak could continue!!

Comment

How does "luthor" take blame for this, exactly..? Ratings were down before "Luthor" they spiked a bit that week, and then fell right back to where they've been.. Lets not blame the 1 ep that raised ratings..

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
            How does "luthor" take blame for this, exactly..? Ratings were down before "Luthor" they spiked a bit that week, and then fell right back to where they've been.. Lets not blame the 1 ep that raised ratings..
            I agree. I loved last week's ep. It's the time of year ... ratings were good imo. I suspect a lot of later views due to the business of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by McFly
              Originally posted by MissFitHooper
              I agree. I loved last week's ep. It's the time of year ... ratings were good imo. I suspect a lot of later views due to the business of the season.
              Don't waste your time guys. You make PERFECT sense but sometimes that just isn't enough. People believe what they want to believe. If they want to blame one episode for how another one does...there isn't much you can do. Believe me.

Comment

Don't waste your time guys. You make PERFECT sense but sometimes that just isn't enough. People believe what they want to believe. If they want to blame one episode for how another one does...there isn't much you can do. Believe me.
                ITA.

Comment

I hear ya ... At least we can now be certain the ratings won't get SV cancelled!

Comment

Well my fav show Fringe took a beating in ratings this week and their on Thursday nights. Seems like all the shows did, my wife was telling me that even Bones was way down.

Looking at the CW ratings, Smallville was 2nd this week in ratings behind Vampire Diaries, and Smallville beat Nikita aka Dawn-O's new prized show which is fantastic for Smallville considering their on Friday nights and don't have the budget that Nikita does.

Comment

"And The CW aired its perennial combination of Smallville (Viewers: #4, 2.57 million; A18-49: #3t, 1.0/ 4), which will certainly be exiting in style this spring, and Supernatural (Viewers: #5, 2.24 million; A18-49: #4, 1.0/ 3)."

Very, very good numbers. 2.57 mill in December is great stuff. Although it didn't beat 'Absolute Justice' @ 2.77 million, which would have been hard, it still was higher rated than last years mid-season finale. Still too bad about not beating AJ, that ends the streak of every S10 episode beating its S9 counterpart. Little OT- the rebound continues for SN from its low point a few weeks ago. Good stuff all around.
                      I think they're great numbers for an episode shown two odd weeks away from Christmas. I have friends and family who are all over the place at the minute with family visits and shopping and work Christmas parties et all. Apparently they're not all as dedicated to their TV Shows as I am

Not only was Absolute Justice a Geoff Johns penned episode, it was also a special double episode event (that they made a pretty big deal of in CW terms ) and was shown in February - the second episode after the never-ending winter hiatus. Apart from the the fact they're both an 11th episode of Smallville, they really don't have much in common. I agree Pandora would be a better comparison. Shown November 20th, pre-hiatus (and five shopping/party weeks from Christmas ) it came in at 2.45m in the over-nights. Way I see it, we did pretty good.
                      Last edited by cloisthelegendbegins; 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Smallville
                        - 2.545 million viewers
                        - 1.6/3 HH
                        - 1.0/4 A18-49
                        - 1.0/4 A18-34
                        - 0.8/3 W18-34

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyChuck
                          You can really tell when someone is completely ignorant of how ratings works. December ratings tend to dip lower and lower the closer you get to Christmas. It's just how the holiday season works. Less people watch TV as they are doing more important things like being with family...
                          Last edited by wellinglover66; 12-13-2010, 03:00 PM. Reason: self-edit

Comment

Great ratings. And I agree...it should be compared to Pandora, rather than AJ, to be fair. If it should be compared at all. Nice way to finish off 2010!!

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
                              Looks like Luthor drove away a lot of viewers.
                              Ha
                              Hahaha
                              That's cute.
                              Old shows like this don't loose viewers because of a single episode's content.

You'll find that although Smallville's ratings dropped, other scripted shows experience similar decline. It's cause of the Christmas holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                                http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t.../301103043/p/3

Smallville
                                - 2.545 million viewers
                                - 1.6/3 HH
                                - 1.0/4 A18-49
                                - 1.0/4 A18-34
                                - 0.8/3 W18-34
                                Great numbers. Too bad the streak ended. Oh well...time to start a new streak

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎