Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman and the Illuminati - collab with baron_de_superbielle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was truly unexpected (O Clark and Lex working together for the safe of world?? who knew??
    That Illuminati group are nuts, they are all a bunch of wackos :S
    Awesome update, it was like expect the unexpected

Comment

I like the idea of Clark and Lex forced to work together. Clark would only do such a thing for the sake of his daughter. That's a true father's love. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by MariVe
        Well that was truly unexpected (O Clark and Lex working together for the safe of world?? who knew??
        That Illuminati group are nuts, they are all a bunch of wackos :S
        Awesome update, it was like expect the unexpected
        You're right, they are nuts! And while Clark and Lex might hate the idea of having to work together, they do need each other.

Expect more twists in the tale before this is over.

Originally posted by gem65
        I like the idea of Clark and Lex forced to work together. Clark would only do such a thing for the sake of his daughter. That's a true father's love. I'm looking forward to what happens next.
        Yep, Clark will do anything to keep his daughter safe, and he knows Lex has a point. This is about more than their own enmity.

Comment

oh, i just love a political plot!
          and the fact that the Iluminati are the ones articulating this is even better. And they're after Maya!! Oh those men has no boundaries to their goal.
          Well, at least Lex still has some moral standards

Comment

Originally posted by cathy14
            oh, i just love a political plot!
            and the fact that the Iluminati are the ones articulating this is even better. And they're after Maya!! Oh those men has no boundaries to their goal.
            Well, at least Lex still has some moral standards
            Hey Cathy, yep, I thought I'd try my hand at a political thriller. And yes, these men have no boundaries.

As for Lex, yes he does still have some moral standards. Not a lot, but some

Comment

Part Four

The Wild Coyote had fallen into hard times in the past few years. Its bartender/manager had been murdered after being involved in a plot to kill Lionel Luthor. Since then, no one had really wanted to continue working in the place. It had been taken over a year ago – a hangout for most of the rough crowd that hung out on the fringes of Smallville.

But on this particular evening, the bar was crowded with an even worse group. At least fifty motorcycles were parked outside the bar, and even more people were packed inside. They were drunk, or high, dressed in leathers from head to toe. This was the local chapter of a gang which considered themselves Smallville’s answer to Hell’s Angels. And even the roughest crowd gave them a wide berth.

The bartender had attempted to close the bar when the noise became too raucous. He’d even called in the sheriff, but that had also failed to deter the crowd. The only consolation was they’d done an inordinate amount of business that night.

Around six in the morning, a man, clearly the leader, got up.

“Let’s go,” he told the gang.

The bartender watched, relieved as the men left the bar. The motorcycles roared into life and sped off into the slowly lightening sky. Little did he know that the trouble was just beginning.

The midtown area of Smallville was just beginning to come to life. The milk deliveries had been done and the stores were beginning to open. Fordman’s Department Store did not open until nine, but some management staff were already entering ready to start the day’s work. The Beanery, which had been taken over and reopened with the destruction of the Talon, was getting ready to open for the early morning workers, wanting coffee before they started work at the Luthorcorp plant.

The fertiliser plant was still the biggest employer in the town. Its operations had expanded little in the intervening years, but there were still rumours of secret projects going on. Even during Tess Mercer’s reign as CEO of Luthorcorp, she interfered little with the day to day workings of the plant, and had little interest in any of the secret projects. Especially after she’d changed sides.

When Lex had returned from the dead and taken over the helm at Luthorcorp once again, he’d chosen not to rebuild the Talon. It was now a parking garage, which had been Lex’s original plan when he’d bought the building. Lex now cared little for the economic problems of the town, his main interest in controlling Metropolis.

Smallville had seen a number of economic woes in the past five years. Many farms had already been broken up, the land sold, the owners either choosing to get jobs at the plant or moving on to other towns and cities. The recession had hit the small town, named for Ezra Small, a man who, it was claimed, had the ability to see the future. His prophetic visions were written in code, but some suggested he saw the coming of a visitor from another world who would be raised by humans.

The second meteor shower had been the catalyst. Restoration and rebuilding had, for a short while, eased the economic burden, the worldwide recession that followed saw to it that the town never recovered from the disaster that struck in the spring of 2005.

At six-thirty in the morning, the streets were mostly empty. Very few cars were on the road. All seemed fairly quiet and peaceful. But it was soon to be shattered by the roar of motorcycles through the main streets.

They made passes in groups through each street, using whatever weapon they had available to break windows and cause as much destruction as they possibly could in the shortest amount of time. Within minutes, those few staff cowering behind shop counters had called the police, but Sheriff Rutherford could do little to stop the invasion. He was short-staffed and ill-equipped.

He parked his car across the road, an attempt to block the motorcycles. He ordered his two other men with vehicles to try and block the sidewalk. But they were only three men and they didn’t stand a chance against the onslaught of fifty or more men who caused violence and mayhem on a regular basis.

A young woman was walking down the street. She was aged around twenty, slight, slender figure. She was wrapped warmly against the cool Fall wind. As she turned down the street, she stopped, staring in horror at the scene awaiting her. There were at least half a dozen men with weapons ranging from shotguns to baseball bats, smashing windows, doors, parked cars. With a scream, she turned in the opposite direction and began running. Two of the men saw her and laughed, giving chase. She screamed in terror.

Rutherford looked at his men.

“We need help,” he said. Neither of his men were sure whether he was actually speaking to them or himself.

Rutherford went to his car, picking up his radio.

“Dolores, patch me through to a number will you?” He paused. “Yeah, 555-0145.”

Clark blinked, rolling over and squinting in the sunlight peeping through the drapes. He was used to rising early. At least in the old days when the farm had been a working farm, he would have. But on weekends now, he took advantage of the time he had to sleep in.

Something had woken him, but he wasn’t sure what. He’d been dreaming. Of Krypton, no less. Of showing his birth parents his wife and baby daughter. Lara had held his daughter in her arms, her hair shining and golden in the light, smiling down at the infant.

“She’s beautiful, Kal-El.”

“We are proud, my son,” Jor-El smiled in a rare showing of emotion. From what Clark had been told, Kryptonians were not emotional as a whole.

Mara had started to cry, the cries echoing oddly in the crystal structure. Then there was the sound of something ringing.

“Clark, phone for you.”

Clark pushed back the bedclothes, quickly getting to his feet and pulling up his jeans. He padded barefoot downstairs and looked at his wife, who was sitting in Jonathan Kent’s old armchair, the baby at her breast.

“Lois?”

“It’s the sheriff,” she said, pointing to the cordless phone next to her. He picked up the receiver.

“Sheriff?”

“I apologise for disturbing you and your wife so early in the morning Mr Kent. But I was hoping you might be able to contact Superman for me. We have trouble in the town.”

“What kind of trouble?”

The sheriff quickly outlined the problem. It seemed a motorcycle gang had started causing havoc in the town. The sheriff called them the Wild Bush 300. They were a Kansas answer to other motorcycle gangs and at least three hundred members strong in the Kansas chapter. At least fifty, maybe more, had invaded the town.

Hanging up the phone, Clark quickly dialled another number.

“Chloe ,” he began.

“Do you realise it’s six-forty-five on a Saturday morning, Clark?” she asked.

“I know. Sorry. But I need Oliver. We’ve got trouble. Tell him to round up the others. Whoever he can find.”

“What is it?”

He quickly told her. “Look, Superman can’t handle this alone.”

Lois looked at him.

“A motorcycle gang?” she asked.

“Yeah. I’m going to change,” he said, zipping back upstairs to change into his Superman uniform. Within seconds he was back downstairs.

“Clark, be careful,” Lois told him.

“I plan to be,” he said, opening the screen door and taking off into the air. Here, at least, they were fairly isolated, and there was little chance of his identity being exposed.

A minute later, Superman touched down beside the sheriff’s car.

“Superman,” he said. “It seems Mr Kent reached you. Did he explain the situation?”

“Yes.” Superman was already scanning the street and saw the young girl being threatened two of the men. She was trapped against a brick wall in the alley. He took off again, landing right behind the two men.

“Problem, gentlemen?” he said.

The two men turned. One pulled out a large bowie knife, attempting to slash Superman.

“New in town?” Superman inquired. He grabbed both of them by the collars of their shirts, lifting them up in the air. Their feet dangled. They stared at him, then each other, then back at him. With a smile, Superman dumped them both in the trash bin. “Just taking out the garbage,” he quipped. With his heat vision, he welded down the lid.

Superman turned to the cowering girl.

“Are you all right, miss?” he asked.

He knew the girl. She was a neighbour. She worked part-time in the Beanery and was studying at Central Kansas A&M.

“Yes, Superman, thank you. I’m fine.” She wasn’t. She was shaking like a leaf. But he let her go.

Turning, he went back to the problem at hand, trying to gather as many more of the gang as possible. But even he couldn’t round up fifty men in a short time. After an hour, he was relieved to see Oliver on the roof, aiming arrows at the tyres of each motorcycle.

While he was taking care of the next lot, another three were bowled over like pins and he knew Bart had joined the fray.

Lois had just laid the baby down and had turned the television off. KPAZ was reporting live from downtown Smallville. The female blonde reporter was gushing enthusiastically for the efforts of the Justice League who were kept busy rounding up the gang.

She heard a crash from upstairs.

“Who’s there?” she asked.

Grabbing an iron poker from the fire, she started up the stairs.

“Someone there?” she asked. “I must warn you I have a ... weapon.”

There was still no answer. Lois began to assume she had imagined things. She heard it before she saw it. There was a slight hissing sound, then she saw smoke.

“What the hell?” she said to herself.

No sooner had she spotted the smoke then she began to feel dizzy and nauseous. Fighting the faintness, she struggled to get to her daughter’s room, but the blackness was already overcoming her. She collapsed to the floor.

Crawford smiled down at the fallen body of Lois Lane-Kent, then dragged it into the nursery. He continued his search through the house, confident there would be no one to stop him. He checked in the bathroom, gathering everything he thought would give him the evidence he needed, placing them in small bags which he sealed.

Stepping back out into the hallway, he started down the room to the nursery.

“Dude! Something I can help you with?”

Crawford stared at the man standing at the top of the stairs. He saw him glance into the room that had become the child’s nursery, then spot the woman’s body on the floor.

Crawford didn’t understand. The gas should have been enough to knock out an elephant. But this young man wasn’t even showing any ill effects. Granted, it had been a few minutes and the gas had had some time to dissipate, but he still should have shown some signs.

AC glared at the man. Clearly the man had tried to do something to hurt his friends and he didn’t stand for it.

Oliver had called him, asking him to come to the farm, since he was in the area. He knew there were problems with gang activity in town, and he had been surprised that Oliver hadn’t asked him to go there, but now he was glad that Oliver had asked him to keep an eye on Lois and the baby.

AC grabbed the man by the collar. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

Crawford struggled to get out of AC’s grip, thrashing. He felt himself being pulled downstairs. Fortunately, Crawford had once again come prepared. They were faced by another of the Baron’s men, holding a gun.

“Drop him,” the man ground out harshly.

AC bit his lip, but did as he was told. The man lifted his weapon and cold-cocked him, knocking him out.

“I’ve got what I needed,” Crawford told him. The two men walked out of the farmhouse without a backward glance.

Clark and the others quickly rounded up the remaining men and handed them over to the sheriff, who had also called in the State police. The gang leader was taken into custody and would be held at the Smallville jail.

Not waiting for his friends, knowing he would be reporting to Watchtower later, Clark flew back to the farm. He quickly noticed AC on the floor. He was already stirring, a large bump on the back of his head. With trepidation, Clark sped up the stairs. Lois was still passed out on the floor of the nursery.

Clark spotted the gas bomb and saw red. Someone had tried to hurt his family. Picking up his wife in his arms, he carried her to their bedroom and lay her down on the bed. Then he checked on his daughter, who was sleeping peacefully. The gas hadn’t drifted into the nursery and Mara was unharmed.

Going back downstairs, he saw Oliver waiting for him, tending to AC, pressing an ice pack to his head.

“What the hell’s happened?” Oliver asked.

“It was a diversion. To get me out of the house. I’m sure of it,” Clark said.

“What are you going to do?”

“Talk to the leader. Lois is still passed out upstairs. They gassed her.”

“Oh my god! Is she all right?”

“Yeah. And Mara’s fine. Stay with them. I’m going to the jail.”

“Clark, don’t do anything rash.”

“I don’t intend to,” Clark said, but even Oliver knew he was lying.

At the jail, he persuaded the sheriff’s man to let him talk to the man in the cell. As soon as he strode in, the man glared at him.

“Who sent you?” Clarkasked, in his most intimidating tone.

The man refused to look at him. Clark lifted him, pushing him against the wall.

“Tell me,” he ground out.

“You won’t beat them,” the man said. “They’re everywhere.”

“Who?”

“The Illuminati,” the man grinned.

The Baron received the report from Crawford with a smile.

“It begins,” he said.
              END OF EPISODE ONE

Comment

Oh crap!!! What did they take???
                A.C tried to saved the day but he couldn't.......they need to get Lois and Mara to a safe place

Great update, It was awesome PPMS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MariVe
                  Oh crap!!! What did they take???
                  A.C tried to saved the day but he couldn't.......they need to get Lois and Mara to a safe place

Great update, It was awesome PPMS!!!!
                  Yeah, poor AC. The battle's only just beginning though.

Comment

How dare they attack Superman's wife and daughter. *glares at bad guys* I also wonder what they took. I could guess, but I won't say what it is in case I'm wrong. I very much enjoyed this update.

PS: You were a busy beaver yesterday huh? How many updates was that anyway? *winks*

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                      How dare they attack Superman's wife and daughter. *glares at bad guys* I also wonder what they took. I could guess, but I won't say what it is in case I'm wrong. I very much enjoyed this update.

PS: You were a busy beaver yesterday huh? How many updates was that anyway? *winks*
                      Yep, these are very bad guys indeed. And I'd tell you what they took, but that will have to wait for the next episode.

Hmm, how many indeed? Let's see: Five since Friday (my time) I think.

Comment

just caught up with the updates leann and i have to say it was like reading the book where you have to read the next chapter even though your eyes are closing

episode1: part III

i really liked the way described clarks paternal instincts and how easy it was to take care of the baby. i sensed regret that his responsibilities to the world are taking away from his responsibilities at home.

i continue to be intrigued by lex and his desire to form an alliance with clark to stop their common enemy. i can't help but thinking that his pledge to side with clark becuase they are after mara is a rouse to gain clarks trust.

i liked how you described the illuminati as having a hand in some of worlds more recent tragedies. i always think its good to bring an element of current events into a fan-fic

episode1: part IV

that was a really good chapter. i liked how the illuminati used the motorcycle gang as a diversion to send a message to clark that they could get mara.

me thinks that clark is going to fall into a trap because the illuminati is going to use his rage as a weapon against him later in the story.

once again i liked your description of real life events to describle the economic hardships a small town like smallville endures during a downturn of the economy.

looking forward to the next update

Comment

Originally posted by cygnusx1
                          just caught up with the updates leann and i have to say it was like reading the book where you have to read the next chapter even though your eyes are closing

episode1: part III

i really liked the way described clarks paternal instincts and how easy it was to take care of the baby. i sensed regret that his responsibilities to the world are taking away from his responsibilities at home.

i continue to be intrigued by lex and his desire to form an alliance with clark to stop their common enemy. i can't help but thinking that his pledge to side with clark becuase they are after mara is a rouse to gain clarks trust.

i liked how you described the illuminati as having a hand in some of worlds more recent tragedies. i always think its good to bring an element of current events into a fan-fic

episode1: part IV

that was a really good chapter. i liked how the illuminati used the motorcycle gang as a diversion to send a message to clark that they could get mara.

me thinks that clark is going to fall into a trap because the illuminati is going to use his rage as a weapon against him later in the story.

once again i liked your description of real life events to describle the economic hardships a small town like smallville endures during a downturn of the economy.

looking forward to the next update
                          Firstly, thank you for your first comment. It's a great pleasure to know that a reader can get so into a story they cannot put it down.

Secondly, yes, Clark does regret sometimes that he can't always be there for his family. It's one of the great burdens of course, of his calling.

As for Lex, yes, he does want to gain Clark's trust, but his ultimate goal is to fight the Illuminati for his own selfish reasons. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and at this point, Lex has bigger fish to fry than Superman. He doesn't want ultimate power taken from him.

I do like bringing in some elements, eg, the economic downturn, current conspiracy theories - it makes the story that much more real to the reader, I think.

There's a bigger message in the diversion, in that the Illuminati have people everywhere. Clark will find himself with the feeling that he may not know who he can trust anymore.

Comment

Wow this is an awesome job guys great. I love the mix od suspense action it feels like a movie. I wonder what they took from the house and if something is wrong with lois. Since she is the first human to have an alien child maybe that is. Also lex calling for a truce is right they need to work together.

Comment

Originally posted by doodie8808
                              Wow this is an awesome job guys great. I love the mix od suspense action it feels like a movie. I wonder what they took from the house and if something is wrong with lois. Since she is the first human to have an alien child maybe that is. Also lex calling for a truce is right they need to work together.
                              You're right - they do need to work together.
                              As for what they took from the house, you will soon know.

Comment

Originally posted by baron de suberbielle
                                Thank you Doodie
                                I become serious! when I were a little boy I always dreamed of seeing Superman be the enemy of European aristocrat, a mixture Cape and swords, chivalry and Science Fiction.
                                Or the bad guys are not aliens or mutants ... but that is Human in other countries or continents to prove that the hearts of men is identical, beyond religion or ethnicity and that love and compassion are also universal and HOPE triumph that still shadows of our mortal stupid egos

It's like I always say. Evil doesn't always come in one package. And some men are capable of doing great evil. They don't have to be mutants.

My friend, I may be the writer, but I only take your ideas and give them a voice. So take a bow

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎