Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Clark forget that he lied to Lois for years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Clark forget that he lied to Lois for years?

Now all of the sudden she can tell when he's lying even in the alt-universe.

Like I said in another thread that whole scene made no sense whatsoever and was put in there in an attempt to make Clois fans happy in an otherwise terrible Clois episode.

Comment

just when I thought this episode couldn't get anymore ridiculous

Comment

Comment

I thought about it myself, but for me, the shipper part was the last thing I cared about.

Comment

I'm a Cloiser, or at least I think I am, and that was the worst form of pandering I have ever seen, it was so unsubstantiated that it was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
              I'm a Cloiser, or at least I think I am, and that was the worst form of pandering I have ever seen, it was so unsubstantiated that it was ridiculous
              I guess I am too but tptb make it as hard as possible to stay invested, so as someone who considers myself a Clois shipper the scene made me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Poweranimals
                Now all of the sudden she can tell when he's lying even in the alt-universe.
                Thank you SO MUCH for saying that. As I was watching the episode I actually said "Bologna, she SOOOO cannot tell when you're lying" to my computer screen. But, it was sweet for Clark to have that little delusion.

Comment

Well, to play DA, Lois has known for awhile that Clark was lying and hiding something, she just didn't push the issue or demand the truth.
                  But that just may be the way I am rewriting the story in my head, that Lois doesn't fall for the stupid telephone scheme in Idol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                    Well, to play DA, Lois has known for awhile that Clark was lying and hiding something, she just didn't push the issue or demand the truth.
                    But that just may be the way I am rewriting the story in my head, that Lois doesn't fall for the stupid telephone scheme in Idol.
                    ach...yeah but no but...I see what you mean exactly- one feels that one has to use whatever scraps are left from the past story to make the current story make sense. But overall yeah, not the best touch to add to the episode, I would just rather the AU characters allowed CK to tell them the truth without them jumping to conclusions and being #!$*~# .

Comment

I don't think there's a need to take it so literally. like someone else said, Lois has known full well that Clark has been hiding and running off for as long as she cared to pay attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BackToTheLies
                        I don't think there's a need to take it so literally. like someone else said, Lois has known full well that Clark has been hiding and running off for as long as she cared to pay attention to it.
                        I really don't think the "you can tell when I'm lying" was thought through or meant to be combed through like this. I really think they wanted Clois shippers to squee about the " I can't live in world where you don't love me" crap and they hoped the fact that the whole scene didn't make sense would be forgotten.

Comment

I swear if BQM writes Clois again, I'm going to flip. Fudge, he's writing Masquerade isn't he? Hope there is no damn Clois in that.

Comment

Actually, I thought it was referring to the fact that they are in a relationship now and she knows him better.

I can't tell when my friend is lying. But when said friend and I become closer and he becomes my boyfriend, I would be able to tell that he wasn't exactly truthful. That's the principle that Clark was using IMO

I'm thinking back to Conspiracy. Where Lois could obviously tell that Clark was hiding something and after they've been in a relationship, she has seemed like she's known there's something beneath the surface. And she never really pushed him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dogstar85
                              Actually, I thought it was referring to the fact that they are in a relationship now and she knows him better.

I can't tell when my friend is lying. But when said friend and I become closer and he becomes my boyfriend, I would be able to tell that he wasn't exactly truthful. That's the principle that Clark was using IMO

I'm thinking back to Conspiracy. Where Lois could obviously tell that Clark was hiding something and after they've been in a relationship, she has seemed like she's known there's something beneath the surface. And she never really pushed him for it.
                              Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎