No announcement yet.

Favorite Alt Reality episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
    Really? How many times have they played the "I caused the meteor shower" card? That was common theme since the first season.
    It pops up randomly. But it's not like season 7 was building towards Apocalypse and Clark visiting that particular AU to get the answers needed.

Comment

I'm not sure if Labrynth counts as an AU episode, but I really loved that one. Great effects were used to tell the story, same as Luthor. I'd put Labrynth and Luthor in the same boat, actually, IMO.

But nothing tops Apocalypse for an AU ep. Lois and Clark. Jimmy Olsen. Daily Planet. Government conspiracy, nuclear holocaust, a Clark Kent who was Superman essentially, the glasses!!!, President Lex Luthor. Love that episode.

Comment

I don't know quite why, but lex gazing out of the luthorcorp building into the falling snow while his mother's resentful expression is reflected on the window next to him will always make me shiver... in good way! Lexmas always gets to me.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          It pops up randomly. But it's not like season 7 was building towards Apocalypse and Clark visiting that particular AU to get the answers needed.
          And yet, the AU is the best way to show him how would the life on Earth be different if he wasnt on Earth.

Whereas Labirinth wasnt a realistic manifestation and had no clear purpose, other than making Clark give up to kill him. And he almost did.

And Luthor AU as a lesson to "Luthor blood is poison" is ridiculous in itself, because he knows very well that blood doesnt make person good or bad. Or is the show trying to tell me he wouldnt try to raise young Lex if he found him and would judge him by faults of his creator and give up on him? Because that is NOT what Superman believes in. AND he had encountered this several times already. Kara vs Zor-El for example. Or Onyx and Fracture with good and bad parts of Lex.

Comment

And yet, the AU is the best way to show him how would the life on Earth be different if he wasnt on Earth.

Whereas Labirinth wasnt a realistic manifestation and had no clear purpose, other than making Clark give up to kill him. And he almost did.

And Luthor AU as a lesson to "Luthor blood is poison" is ridiculous in itself, because he knows very well that blood doesnt make person good or bad. Or is the show trying to tell me he wouldnt try to raise young Lex if he found him and would judge him by faults of his creator and give up on him? Because that is NOT what Superman believes in. AND he had encountered this several times already. Kara vs Zor-El for example. Or Onyx and Fracture with good and bad parts of Lex.
            My point is that they could have rewritten Apocalypse without the AU (and Clark's depressed mood at the start) and it wouldn't have made a big difference to the season in general. Not to mention that Clark should have known by then that he has brought a positive change to the world, but that's another story.

In Labyrinth, the AU seemed to be unnecessary, but lets not forget that Clark was under attack all the while. And I thought it was a wise move to make the phantoms attack him in various different ways like that.

As for Luthor, I agree. If the AU was about stuff like this, we are talking about stuff that he should know by now. And he doesn't just know them, he has preached them so to speak. I haven't found a new message from the Luthor AU, even though I found the episode enjoyable. The only things one can keep, is Lionel escaping and Clark and Tess having a new found respect for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              My point is that they could have rewritten Apocalypse without the AU (and Clark's depressed mood at the start) and it wouldn't have made a big difference to the season in general. Not to mention that Clark should have known by then that he has brought a positive change to the world, but that's another story.
              of course he knew he brought something, but he always blamed himself for big stuff - meteor showers, Dark thursday, zoners, Lana, Jonathan, etc and he finally had an indirect way of making it disappear.

But I agree, that someone should have told him that first meteor shower would destroy the SV regardless if he was on the way or not, since him birth had nothing to do with the destruction of Krypton

In Labyrinth, the AU seemed to be unnecessary, but lets not forget that Clark was under attack all the while. And I thought it was a wise move to make the phantoms attack him in various different ways like that.
              It would have been great if he saved himself and didnt give in to the temptation the zoner manifested (Lana) to show us his growth and mental power. Ultimately, the AU showed us only that he was saved by MM and Shelby. Come to think of it, which zoner did he actually beat by himself and didnt have to be saved or needed help? Only Titan

As for Luthor, I agree. If the AU was about stuff like this, we are talking about stuff that he should know by now. And he doesn't just know them, he has preached them so to speak. I haven't found a new message from the Luthor AU, even though I found the episode enjoyable. The only things one can keep, is Lionel escaping and Clark and Tess having a new found respect for each other.
              Well, as I mentioned in several other topics, the Clark/Tess scene was for me the best part of the episode.

The Lionel stuff tho I totally hate. He isnt there to teach Clark lessons or add some other character development for him. He is there to cause havoc and trouble, something Clark will have his hands full of with Darkseid, Lex, SS and VRA already. And I dont care how good or popular actor JG is, I find his character completely unnescessary :/ In fact the whole Luthor stuff this season is irritating to me, its baiting, someting that might not have any conclusion by the end of the season if MR isnt coming back.

I so wish Tess would just be Tess and not Luthor.

Comment

of course he knew he brought something, but he always blamed himself for big stuff - meteor showers, Dark thursday, zoners, Lana, Jonathan, etc and he finally had an indirect way of making it disappear.
                I will give Apocalypse this. That it set Clark's character into a new course in that respect. Because if I remember correctly, he never blamed his arrival again for the meteors or other stuff that are linked with Krypto...

Come to think of it, which zoner did he actually beat by himself and didnt have to be saved or needed help? Only Titan
                Lol, I think just Gloria. The most disappointing one was Static where Batista played the zoner. It was like Labyrinth, but he put up even less of a fight for that. We got our reward with Titan though.

In fact the whole Luthor stuff this season is irritating to me, its baiting, someting that might not have any conclusion by the end of the season if MR isnt coming back.

I so wish Tess would just be Tess and not Luthor.
                Me too because I feel she can stand out just on her own. Taking a guess here, but maybe Lionel's return will have very little to do with Clark. I am sure that he will know about his presence at some point, but to me, all this looks like an attempt to advance the clone lex arc. This Lionel might end up like the previous one did at the hands of Lex. Iam not a fan of the clone arc to be honest. I miss MR a lot, but regardless of whether he returns or not, the Lex ac had to wrap up in a way that does justice to the character we saw until season 7.

Comment

1. Onyx
                  2. Luthor
                  3. Apocalypse
                  4. Labyrinth
                  5. Lexmas
                  6. Slumber
                  7. Splinter
                  8. Pandora
                  9. Fracture
                  10. Noir

Comment

1) Pandora
                    2) Apocalypse
                    3) Lexmas
                    4) Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                      I'm not sure if Labrynth counts as an AU episode, but I really loved that one. Great effects were used to tell the story, same as Luthor. I'd put Labrynth and Luthor in the same boat, actually, IMO.

But nothing tops Apocalypse for an AU ep. Lois and Clark. Jimmy Olsen. Daily Planet. Government conspiracy, nuclear holocaust, a Clark Kent who was Superman essentially, the glasses!!!, President Lex Luthor. Love that episode.
                      Agreed. And heck, I even watched most of this episode while reading accurate and trustworthy descriptions for the rest of this episode.

Whether the Apocalypse AU was a real AU or not, I still think that Apocalypse's AU resembles the RW characters core personalities more than Luthor's AU did, and Apocalypse is a place where Clark Kent doesn't even exist in.

Comment

Apocalypse for sure. I had a Clois nerdgasm(even though I'm not a nerd)lol. But it went downhill when pandora aired .
                        Last edited by Superman4lois; 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Pandora
                          Luthor
                          Apocalypse

Comment

Apocalypse is my fav alt real episode in S7.

Pandora is my fav alt real episode in S9.

and Luthor is my fav alt real episode in S10 and now my all time favorite.

In other words

l. Luthor
                            2. Pandora
                            3. Apocalypse
                            Last edited by supercatmom; 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I want to choose Luthor I really do as I really loved that episode....but I really love Christmas themed episodes in TV and I thought Lexmas was fantastic....sooo....I guess I will choose Lexmas with Luthor in a very close second.

Comment

I'd love for them to revisit Earth-2, maybe have Ultraman and a proto-CrimeSyndicate. Maybe reveal Earth-2 Lex to be alive and with a proto-JusticeLeague of his own......maybe I need stop geeking out LoL.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎