Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark getting Punked (for plot)by Knite, Magic, superpowers, etc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darkseid in comics doesn't need it, but I am 60% sure that Darkseid on Smallville will be a weak shadow of the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritza
      What I didn't like here was Tom's acting when he's in the Kryptonite cage. He was in pain for about a second and then it was almost like he forgot that green K was supposed to at least bother him. He looked constipated but not hurt by the green k and that was just weird.

It kept me from enjoying the scene, tbh, because it was so stupid the way Clark was just standing there, basically unaffected by all that green kryptonite inches away from him.
      Agreed, and a lot of tortured "thisjustgotserious" looks by Tom in the episode .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        The problem is that without such things as Kryptonite every fight would look like the one between Clark and the whip lady in Abandoned.
        The problem is with the portrayals of the whip ladies. They should have been stronger. Zod shouldn't have used blue kryptonite (I loved the fight though). Every villain in the show should be stronger and let Clark fight without kryptonite around him.

When two powerfull beings fight it should look like the fight in "Combat". Apart from a few power punches their hits were normal because not only are both super strong...they are also super tough. Only effects we'd need are soundeffects to show they are hitting each other really hard.

Comment

Thank you, OP. I've been saying this for a while now since they made that stupid Kryptonite counterfeit money. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
          My theory is that the SV writers are not really Superman fans and would rather write for someone without powers. Lets not give them an excuse that it's difficult to write for Superman because he's so powerful. Superboy the TV series had 4 seasons and very rarely resorted to Kryptonite.
          If you have a character that can shoot fire from his eyes, then you have less boundaries with reality and you shouldn't have that difficult a time to come up with something to challenge him. I agree with the 1st reply. It's lazy writing.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎